Author Topic: Walker downplays debate with Warnock: ‘I’m not that smart’ [omg]  (Read 1767 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
  ***suicide***

Walker downplays debate with Warnock: ‘I’m not that smart’
by Caroline Vakil - 09/19/22 11:32 AM ET

Georgia Senate hopeful Herschel Walker (R) downplayed himself ahead of his debate with Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) next month, saying “I’m not that smart” — comments that his campaign argued were sarcasm.

After some haggling between the two campaigns, the candidates announced last week that Warnock and Walker would be participating in a televised debate on Oct. 14 with Savannah, Ga., Nexstar affiliate WSAV. The Hill is owned by Nexstar.

Speaking to reporters on Friday, Walker was asked what kind of preparation he was doing for the debate.

“Talking to the voters, talking to you. You told me I gotta prepare, so I’m preparin’,” he said to the reporters. “I’m this country boy, you know, I’m not that smart. And he’s that preacher. He’s a smart man, wears these nice suits. So he going to show up there, embarrass me at the debate, October the 14th. And I’m just waiting, you know, I’ll show up and I’m [going to] do my best.”

Will Kiley, a spokesperson for Walker’s campaign, argued the candidate’s comments were sarcasm.
Here’s where GOP governors have sent nearly 13,000 migrants
More ‘boomerang kids’ moving back in with their parents

“It is a sad day when so many people in politics and the media don’t understand sarcasm. Herschel has been traveling across Georgia for over a year meeting the people and listening to their concerns,” he said in a statement. “Herschel is going to be ready on October 14 in Savannah to debate Raphael Warnock, who has to stand there and explain his horrendous voting record to the people.”

The Georgia Senate race has been considered one of the most competitive of this cycle and has been rated a “toss up” by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

A Quinnipiac University poll released last week showed Warnock leading Walker by 6 percentage points among likely Georgia voters, with the incumbent receiving 52 percent compared to the former football star receiving 46 percent.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3650306-walker-downplays-debate-with-warnock-im-not-that-smart/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Walker downplays debate with Warnock: ‘I’m not that smart’ [omg]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 04:42:24 pm »
Another Trump sponsored disaster like Oz.  I understand his iconic NCAA FB career, but.....   geeeeez.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 04:43:15 pm »
If I was in the Warnock campaign..I would just play this clip continuously until Nov...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 04:45:03 pm »
He is the Forrest Gump of candidates.     

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 04:45:11 pm »
If I was in the Warnock campaign..I would just play this clip continuously until Nov...

Yep...  Trump needs to get out of the influence business, and stay on MAGA topics.

The best he could come up with was a stereotypic dumb jock?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 04:46:41 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 05:34:56 pm »
 8888crybaby

Can someone pour me a drink?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 10:01:50 pm »
catfish grumbles:
"The best he could come up with was a stereotypic dumb jock?"

That's not why Walker was put up as a candidate.
But you already knew that.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 10:20:13 pm »
 ////00000////

... carpetbagging dumb jock from Texas likely suffering chronic traumatic encephalopathy from playing football.

Intelligence and mental competence is not a prerequisite to be a US Senator.  It's America's most prestigious nursing home and hospice care facility.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 10:26:10 pm »
What do you expect.  He went to UGA.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 10:47:40 pm »
So let’s see because see because the gop base are a bunch of simpleton goobers who seem to believe trump is orange Jesus, they nominate this clown purely based on his reccomendation?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 12:04:18 am »
The kicker is I don't think this hurts Walker at all with most voters.   :shrug:

But let's enjoy the show for the next day or so.... 888bravo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 02:50:44 am »
The kicker is I don't think this hurts Walker at all with most voters.   :shrug:

Openly admitting you aren't smart?  Things like reading statues laws, and regulations require some level of intellect.

Terrible gaffe IMO........
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:52:04 am by catfish1957 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 02:53:47 am »
Openly admitting you aren't smart?  Things like reading statues laws, and regulations require some level of intellect.

Terrible gaffe IMO........

I guess I'd have to watch it in full, and it sounds too cringeworthy. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2022, 02:57:02 am »
Better someone who knows his own limitations than someone who does not. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 03:05:35 am »
Better someone who knows his own limitations than someone who does not.

What if those limitations should preclude the individual understanding the job?  I find brain surgery fascinating, but I sure don't have the skills or accumen to take the job.

Here are two candidates that DJT recently hand picked and somehow hoodwinked the folks of their state to elect in the primary;

(1) Walker, who already seemed like a stereotypical dumb jock, now admits "I'm not that smart"

(2) Oz, who first of all is a full time NJ resident, and while a young adult chose to join the Turkish military over the army of the United States.

Trump's judgement might have cost us two seats, and the senate  especally with the utter weakness of the dim candidates from PA and GA.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2022, 03:10:14 am »
What if those limitations should preclude the individual understanding the job?  I find brain surgery fascinating, but I sure don't have the skills or accumen to take the job.

Here are two candidates that DJT recently hand picked and somehow hoodwinked the folks of their state to elect in the primary;

(1) Walker, who already seemed like a stereotypical dumb jock, now admits "I'm not that smart"

(2) Oz, who first of all is a full time NJ resident, and while a young adult chose to join the Turkish military over the army of the United States.

Trump's judgement might have cost us two seats, and the senate  especally with the utter weakness of the dim candidates from PA and GA.

Walker isn’t so dumb he couldn’t do the job. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2022, 03:10:41 am »
If only GOP voters had voted for the Conservative candidates instead.

https://www.kelvinking.com/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2022, 04:00:17 am »
Walker isn’t so dumb he couldn’t do the job.

Are you so sure?  Don't you remember some of the football jocks in college?  Not bright at all.....

I think Walker's a good guy with good intentions, but taking part in formulation of complex legislation or other intricacies of the tasks of being a United States Senator?  Hmmmmmm.....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 05:31:26 am by catfish1957 »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2022, 05:20:33 am »
Are you so sure?  Don't you remember some of the football jocks in college?  Not bright at all.....

I think Walker's a good guy with good intentions, but taking part in formulation complex legislation or other intricacies of the tasks of being a United States Senator?  Hmmmmmm.....

You have just described 80% of our current Senators.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2022, 11:34:30 am »
Well, should we vote for professional snarky slander that simply follows the "leader" or do we want deliberate calm analysis of a situation to arrive at a rational decision?
We confuse aggressive snarky language as being smart... not so sure that is what we want.

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2022, 01:04:13 pm »

It sure doesn’t help him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2022, 02:01:33 pm »
It sure doesn’t help him.

We'll see, once the conniptions settle down as people see it's a choice between a Republican and pure evil.
I will NOT comply.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2022, 02:02:17 pm »
So let’s see because see because the gop base are a bunch of simpleton goobers who seem to believe trump is orange Jesus, they nominate this clown purely based on his reccomendation?

Well, that is why the election denial is so damaging --- they think Trump won Georgia and other states by a landslide, and defer to his good judgment.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2022, 02:09:33 pm »
Well, that is why the election denial is so damaging --- they think Trump won Georgia and other states by a landslide, and defer to his good judgment.

I don't think it was a landslide, but at the risk of being called "rube" or "cultist," Trump did win in AZ.
I will NOT comply.