Author Topic: Abbott Ships 64 Buses Of Illegal Immigrants To Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot Ships Them To GOP-Leaning Su  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Abbott Ships 64 Buses Of Illegal Immigrants To Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot Ships Them To GOP-Leaning Suburbs
 The Washington Standard /  September 17, 2022

Is what Abbott and DeSantis are doing making any difference at all? Or is it just “politics as usual” folks? First let me cover the news stories and then I will give my opinion at the end. News first. Opinions second.

Most recently in the news, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis sent migrants to Martha’s Vineyard. What happened next? Martha’s Vineyard is sending them to Cape Cod. From USA Today:

JOINT BASE CAPE COD — Shortly after noon Friday, a group of migrants, mostly originating from Venezuela, arrived at their new temporary home on Cape Cod after an unexpected arrival Wednesday on Martha’s Vineyard.

Officials have been working to house, feed and support the group of about 50 migrants since they arrived on the wealthy Massachusetts island Wednesday afternoon.

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/abbott-ships-64-buses-of-illegal-immigrants-to-chicago-mayor-lightfoot-ships-them-to-gop-leaning-suburbs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson