Author Topic: Florida Grand Jury Targets Child Smugglers, Puts Miami in a Vise  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Florida Grand Jury Targets Child Smugglers, Puts Miami in a Vise
« on: September 18, 2022, 02:18:14 pm »
Florida Grand Jury Targets Child Smugglers, Puts Miami in a Vise
September 01, 2022

Since U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland and his Justice Department aren’t interested in prosecuting violations of immigration law, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is taking the rare step of empaneling a statewide grand jury to target residents who employ human smugglers, as well as local officials who look the other way.

With a go-ahead from the state Supreme Court, DeSantis’ grand jury is authorized to investigate and indict:

Parents, guardians or other family members of unaccompanied alien children (UACs) who have conspired to smuggle, and thus endanger, minors.

Criminal organizations that traffic UACs or other illegal aliens to Florida.

Local governments, such as Miami-Dade County, that refuse to honor federal detainer requests to take custody of criminal aliens.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2022/09/01/florida-grand-jury-targets-child-smugglers-puts-miami-in-a-vise/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson