Author Topic: The Navy’sLos Angeles-Clas s Submarines Put It All On The Line  (Read 1286 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy’sLos Angeles-Clas s Submarines Put It All On The Line
« on: September 13, 2022, 10:55:16 am »
The Navy’sLos Angeles-Clas s Submarines Put It All On The Line
ByChristian Orr
Published4 mins ago

The original full name of the City of Los Angeles, California, is El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula,” which means, “The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of Porciúncula.” Well, to enemy warships the U.S. Navy’s Los Angeles-class attack submarines, or SSNs, are veritable Angels of Death. To America and her maritime allies, the Los Angeles-class boats are an undersea manifestation of St. Michael the Archangel.

Launch of the Los Angeles-Class

There are three classes of SSN in the USN arsenal – the Los Angeles, Seawolf, and Virginia classes. The Los Angeles-class boats in particular comprise the backbone of the submarine fleet, with approximately 40 in commission – more than any other submarine class in the world. Thirty of these are equipped with twelve Vertical Launch System tubes for firing Tomahawk cruise missiles. The official Navy info page describes the task & purpose of attack submarines thusly:

“Attack submarines are designed to seek and destroy enemy submarines and surface ships; project power ashore with Tomahawk cruise missiles and Special Operation Forces (SOF); carry out Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions; support battle group operations; and engage in mine warfare.”

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/09/the-navys-los-angeles-class-submarines-put-it-all-on-the-line/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:56:52 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson