Author Topic: The Air Force Wants to Dump the F-22 Raptor to Make Way for a New Fighter Jet  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Air Force Wants to Dump the F-22 Raptor to Make Way for a New Fighter Jet

Kyle Mizokami - Yesterday 3:04 PM

The U.S. Air Force wants to retire the F-22 Raptor within ten years.

The service wants to funnel Raptor funding into the new Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) fighter program.

Congress wants the Air Force to pump the brakes on retiring the Raptor, at least until NGAD is ready.

The U.S. Air Force and the arm of government that funds it are at loggerheads over the future of the F-22 Raptor. The Air Force wants to retire the jets to make room in the budget for its replacement, the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) fighter. Congress, however, having financed aircraft that experienced significant production delays, is wary of retiring the world’s first fifth-generation fighter jet too soon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-air-force-wants-to-dump-the-f-22-raptor-to-make-way-for-a-new-fighter-jet/ar-AA11KgdV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9e4ce1fc6af24dcab84928b7309f0aca
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

I think a review of how the AF identifies requirements is in order.
Continually wanting new toys is irresponsible.

Offline rustynail

China will soon 'dump' them for the so called Air Force.