Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces  (Read 44296 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2022, 07:30:29 am »
They'd better make sure to take extra pants.
Depends....Dose him with Imodium the day before...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2022, 01:09:49 pm »
Jack Montgomery10 Sep 202222

King Charles III has been formally proclaimed as monarch following a meeting of the ancient Accession Council in St James’s Palace.

The King, his succession having been confirmed, gave a short speech on the grief of his family and the British family of nations over the end of his mother’s reign, “unequalled in its duration, its dedication, and its devotion. ”

“I shall strive to follow the inspiring example I have been set in upholding constitutional government and to seek the peace, harmony, and prosperity of the peoples of these Islands and of the Commonwealth Realms and Territories throughout the world,” the King vowed.

“In this purpose, I know that I shall be upheld by the affection and loyalty of the peoples whose Sovereign I have been called upon to be, and that in the discharge of these duties I will be guided by the counsel of their elected parliaments,” he continued.

“And in carrying out the heavy task that has been laid upon me, and to which I now dedicate what remains to me of my life, I pray for the guidance and help of Almighty God,” he added.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/09/10/watch-charles-formally-proclaimed-king-after-accession-council/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2022, 01:26:54 pm »
September 10, 2022 8:30am EDT
King Charles III surrenders hereditary revenues in return for sovereign grant funding official duties
Every monarch has turned over the Crown Estates to the government since King George III
By Timothy Nerozzi FOXBusiness

King Charles III formally surrendered hereditary revenues, including the crown estate, to the United Kingdom government, and will begin receiving a sovereign grant funding his official duties as monarch.

The arrangement signed by Charles has been the same since 1760, when King George III offered care and profit from his privately-owned lands to the national government.

Charles made the proclamation in a royal ceremony at St. James's Palace on Saturday.

The royal family's private real estate investment holdings — estimated to be north of $14 billion in total value — are historically turned over to the nation with each successive generation.

In exchange, the sovereign is guaranteed a generous government stipend to fund their works and travel, as well as personal expenses.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/king-charles-surrenders-hereditary-revenues-sovereign-grant-funding-official-duties
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2022, 02:08:56 pm »
September 10, 2022 8:30am EDT

In exchange, the sovereign is guaranteed a generous government stipend to fund their works and travel, as well as personal expenses.

I seriously doubt Chuckles will be going hungry soon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2022, 02:38:43 pm »
While he may have world-class handlers and advisors, I’ve been impressed by Charles and his message delivery.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2022, 02:40:37 pm »
Charles 'told Prince Harry NOT to bring Meghan to Balmoral to see dying Queen': Inside the half-hour of frantic discussions triggered when 'incredulous' aides heard via media that Sussexes were BOTH coming before 'clarification' Duke would travel alone

Palace staff were 'incredulous' when media reported Meghan Markle said she was on her way to Balmoral
    Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex prompted an unprecedented flurry behind the scenes at the Palace
    These events were taking place against a backdrop of unimaginable bitterness after years of controversy
    Her Majesty the Queen died at Balmoral on Thursday aged 96, after 70 years of serving her country
    Full coverage: Click here to see all our coverage of the Queen’s passing

By Jonathan Rose For Mailonline

Published: 21:01 EDT, 9 September 2022 | Updated: 05:18 EDT, 10 September 2022

King Charles 'told' Prince Harry not to bring wife Meghan Markle to Balmoral Castle as he and other senior royals rushed to the beside of the dying Queen, it was reported last night.

Amid the personal family tragedy on Thursday, when the Queen died at the age of 96, a small domestic drama was playing out involving the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

It was a fortunate coincidence of sorts that Harry and Meghan were in the country when the prince's grandmother passed away, sparing him an emotional and undoubtedly traumatic transatlantic dash as the Queen's health failed.

Despite the rancour of the past few years, no one would begrudge him the chance to mourn his beloved 'Granny', with whom he had always enjoyed a warm and fun-loving relationship.

But as the royal households were consumed in concern for the ailing monarch, the Sussexes prompted an unprecedented flurry behind the scenes by announcing that Harry and Meghan would both be travelling to Balmoral.

According to The Sun, Prince Harry was at Frogmore Cottage when he received a call from his father asking him not to bring Meghan.

'Charles told Harry that it wasn't right or appropriate for Meghan to be in Balmoral at such a deeply sad time,' a source told the newspaper.

'It was pointed out to him that Kate was not going and that the numbers really should be limited to the very closest family.

'Charles made it very, very clear Meghan would not be welcome.'

Meanwhile The Telegraph reported that Harry was not initially summoned when senior royals made their way up to Balmoral, like his brother Prince William was, due to constitutional reasons.

A royal insider also said that 'it's quite hard to spend too much time with someone you know is about to publish a tell-all book about you.'

Another added: 'I think the general reaction to Harry and Meghan's behaviour has been one of incredulity to be honest.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11198885/King-Charles-told-Prince-Harry-not-bring-Meghan-Balmoral-dying-Queen.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2022, 02:46:24 pm »
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2022, 02:48:29 pm »
'It was pointed out to him that Kate was not going and that the numbers really should be limited to the very closest family.
Elitist snobbery at it finest.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2022, 02:55:16 pm »
While he may have world-class handlers and advisors, I’ve been impressed by Charles and his message delivery.

I am hearing all the glowing comments and reviews so far, but the life of me knows and realizes that he is a flaming enviro-whacko, and I don't see him stopping his assualt on our modern way of life through the climate change scam.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2022, 03:10:40 pm »
Very funny @Wingnut I enjoyed that..
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2022, 03:19:04 pm »
Very funny @Wingnut I enjoyed that..

I would love to see that picture!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2022, 03:30:21 pm »
Queen Elizabeth's funeral could be 'last we see' of Prince Andrew with family: royal expert

Prince Andrew, Queen Elizabeth's second son, could be distanced from the royal family, expert says: 'King Charles doesn't want him around'

With King Charles III having ascended the British throne following the death of his mother Queen Elizabeth II, there's a possibility her upcoming funeral will mark the last time Prince Andrew is seen with the rest of the royal family, according to one expert.

Andrew stepped back from royal duties in 2019 after a scandal involving the late American financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

"Probably the biggest drama was with Prince Andrew," Shannon Felton Spence, a former British public affairs official and royal expert, told Fox News Digital. "If anything was causing the queen stress, it was him; he was a real, real crisis."

While at first it appeared that he was not traveling with the rest of the royal family to Balmoral upon the news of the monarch's death, that turned out to be untrue.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-funeral-could-be-last-we-see-prince-andrew-family-royal-expert

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2022, 03:35:57 pm »
Charles officially proclaimed king (Video)

https://youtu.be/Y7Jq-t5iQAI

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2022, 03:37:53 pm »
Charles officially proclaimed king (Video)

https://youtu.be/Y7Jq-t5iQAI

Congratulations to Charles, but it’s still weird saying King….

There won’t be another Queen in my lifetime-I don’t think there will be be for a long time….
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 03:39:14 pm by Gefn »

« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2022, 04:01:20 pm »
The Accession Council in the throne room at St James's Palace in London as King Charles III is formally proclaimed king

« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 05:42:10 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2022, 04:08:36 pm »
England is the best at honoring and upholding traditions....

Here from January 1901, Edward VII after QV's death.

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2022, 04:09:55 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2022, 04:11:17 pm »
Queen's funeral to be held on 19 September - as details of lying-in-state released

The funeral will take place at 11am on Monday 19 September, after which the Queen's coffin will be taken to Windsor for a committal. Details of who will attend as well as the order of service are expected next week.

https://news.sky.com/story/queens-funeral-to-be-held-on-19-september-as-details-of-lying-in-state-released-12694415

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2022, 04:13:27 pm »
The Ascension Council in the throne room at St James's Palace in London as King Charles III is formally proclaimed king
Interesting to see all those past PMs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2022, 04:16:41 pm »
Interesting to see all those past PMs.

Props to those who could stand Tony Blair's stench.

« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2022, 04:28:44 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2022, 04:30:22 pm »
Harry and Meghan greeting the public at Windsor Castle...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO