Author Topic: Iran briefly seizes 2 US Navy sea drones in Red Sea amid tensions  (Read 281 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iran briefly seizes 2 US Navy sea drones in Red Sea amid tensions
« on: September 03, 2022, 01:47:32 pm »
Iran briefly seizes 2 US Navy sea drones in Red Sea amid tensions
By Jon Gambrell, The Associated Press
 Sep 2, 01:32 PM

[Editor’s note: This story was updated late Friday afternoon to include a statement from the U.S. Navy.]

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Iran’s navy seized two American sea drones in the Red Sea before letting them go Friday after U.S. destroyers and helicopters responded, officials said. It was the second such maritime incident in less than a week involving the Navy’s new drone fleet in the Mideast.

Iranian state television aired footage it said came from the deck of the Iranian navy’s Jamaran destroyer, where lifejacket-wearing sailors examined two Saildrone Explorers. They tossed one overboard as a U.S. warship could be seen in the distance.

State TV said the Iranian navy found “several unmanned spying vessels abandoned in the international maritime routes” Thursday.

https://www.defensenews.com/flashpoints/2022/09/02/iran-briefly-seizes-2-us-navy-sea-drones-in-red-sea-amid-tensions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Iran briefly seizes 2 US Navy sea drones in Red Sea amid tensions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 01:49:10 pm »
They should be modified to explode, with a 10 minute delay, if removed from the water without a proper pass code. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Iran briefly seizes 2 US Navy sea drones in Red Sea amid tensions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 03:23:47 pm »
They should be modified to explode, with a 10 minute delay, if removed from the water without a proper pass code. :pondering:
As I said in an earlier story, arm them so as to be able to defend themselves under the control of operators and if they are captured....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FfNYjw6qU&ab_channel=northnomad