Author Topic: Exercise Pitch Black 2022 Is In Full Swing  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exercise Pitch Black 2022 Is In Full Swing
« on: September 03, 2022, 01:36:43 pm »
Exercise Pitch Black 2022 Is In Full Swing
September 2, 2022 Military AviationSTEFANO D'URSO

Combat aircraft from all around the world gathered in Australia for the largest edition of the exercise.

After four years of wait the biennial exercise Pitch Blank is back with its largest edition ever. The Australian multi-national large force exercise is now underway, spanning from Aug. 19 to Sept. 8, 2022, and sees over 100 aircraft and 2,500 personnel from 16 countries around the world training together with Australian forces to enhance interoperability and develop strong relationships between participating military forces.

“With 16 nations participating, Exercise Pitch Black is an excellent opportunity for RAAF to work with our allies and partners, sharing tactics and procedures that will enhance interoperability between our forces”, said the Exercise Commander, Air Commodore Tim Alsop. The countries involved in the exercise are Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, UAE, US and UK.

The Exercise Commander also added: “Several countries are participating in Pitch Black for the first time, and we welcome them to the exercise and the magnificent Northern Territory.” In fact, Germany, Japan and South Korea are taking part for the first time in the exercise with their Eurofighter 2000s, Mitsubishi F-2s and KF-16Us (Korean F-16V variant), respectively. The fighters and the support aircraft are distributed among three RAAF bases, Darwin, Tindal and Amberley.

https://theaviationist.com/2022/09/02/exercise-pitch-blank-in-full-swing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson