Author Topic: Can Conservatives Get Rid of Mitch McConnell? And Should They? Joe Cunningham  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can Conservatives Get Rid of Mitch McConnell? And Should They?
By Joe Cunningham | Aug 22, 2022 11:30 AM ET

There are routine calls for Republicans to do something about Mitch McConnell. And I get it. He’s a creature of the establishment, he has not exactly been the kindest guy toward upstart conservatives coming to Washington D.C., and he has never really been so much as ally of Trump as he was just on the same side for certain issues.

We have covered McConnell extensively here at RedState, condemning his more establishment behavior at times while also begrudgingly admitting that the overturning of Roe v. Wade wouldn’t have happened without him. I have affectionately referred to him as a “supervillain” on at least one occasion.

Conservatives are currently upset at McConnell for casting doubt on the more pro-Trump candidates who are currently struggling in their Senate races. Over at the conservative site Rvivr, Jeff Crouere also writes that McConnell’s fear of low-quality Senate candidates is shameful.

McConnell is 80 years old and has spent most of the last six decades of his life in Washington D.C. as a member of the “Swamp.” He started working in Washington D.C. as a U.S. Senate intern in 1964 at the age of twenty-two. Over the next twenty years, he held political positions in both Kentucky and Washington D.C. before being elected to the U.S. Senate in 1984.

It is no surprise that McConnell supports moderate Republican candidates. He despised the Tea Party movement and truly hates everything associated with MAGA and Donald Trump.

McConnell is the type of Republican who is comfortable with U.S. Senators Mitt Romney (R-UT) and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Congresswoman Liz Cheney (R-WY) and the members of the Bush family. He is the epitome of the party’s problem.

more
https://redstate.com/joesquire/2022/08/22/can-conservatives-get-rid-of-mitch-mcconnell-and-should-they-n615759
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't know if they can but I'm 100% sure they should!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

I don't know if they can but I'm 100% sure they should!

Getting rid of Mitch would likely expand the number of GOP seats in the Senate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.