Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152304 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2575 on: May 01, 2023, 02:15:58 pm »
There were rumors a nuke was dropped last night, I'm guessing this explosion (conventional) is what they were referring to?

That was almost certainly it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2576 on: May 01, 2023, 02:25:09 pm »
Russian soldiers are being thrown into holes in the ground and held captive as punishment for refusing to obey orders during Ukraine war

By STEWART CARR and RACHAEL BUNYAN
30 April 2023

Since Autumn 2022, there have been multiple increasingly draconian initiatives to improve discipline in the force, especially since Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov assumed command of the operation in January 2023.'

More here:  https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-commanders-troops-holes-ground-punishment-uk-intel-2023-4
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2577 on: May 01, 2023, 02:47:14 pm »

Since Autumn 2022, there have been multiple increasingly draconian initiatives to improve discipline in the force, especially since Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov assumed command of the operation in January 2023.'

More here:  https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-commanders-troops-holes-ground-punishment-uk-intel-2023-4

@Hoodat

"Morale????

We don't  need no sticking morale,we have a dictatorship  and they WILL BOW TO OUR AUTHOR-ATAY!"

Well,at least until you push them too far and the "New Revolution" starts.

Just wait until enough crippled vets get back to their familes and start telling stories about  how their injuries were caused by their own leadership.

Yeah,I know that there is no living Soviet citizen that has ever been anything other than a slave to the state,but it is also true that the Soviet citizen of today is MUCH more informed of life outside the USSR today than ever,and they ain't buying the lies their parents and grandparents accepted as facts.

When you  put a pot of water over a stove that is lit,sooner or later the hot water is going to boil over.

It's just a matter of time before this  happens in Russia,and the more Russia pushes their newest war,the sooner it will happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2578 on: May 01, 2023, 03:17:02 pm »
Stalin must be rolling over in his tomb ... Stalin would motivate Russians the options of being killed by the enemy or being killed by the Kommissars.

////00000////

Cannon fodder is useless in a pit.  They need to be running towards the enemy to deplete the enemy's ammunition.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2579 on: May 01, 2023, 11:53:51 pm »
     May 1, 2023
US Marine veteran volunteering in Ukraine killed outside of Bakhmut
His mother said he was killed on an access road leading into Bakhmut called the "Road of Life."
Joshua Young
The Post Millennial

26-year-old Cooper "Harris" Andrews, a veteran of the US Marines from Cleveland, Ohio, was killed on April 19 while fighting in Ukraine.

Fox News reports that the State Department said in a statement, "We can confirm the death of a US citizen in Ukraine. We are in touch with the family and providing all possible consular assistance. Out of respect for the family’s privacy during this difficult time, we have nothing further to add."

A US official told Fox that Andrews was in active service for the Marines from January 20, 2017, to January 16, 2022, and had been stationed in North Carolina....

The outlet reports Andrews also worked for the Ukrainian Foreign Legion, a group of foreign fighters aiding the Ukrainian military. His body has not been recovered from the country. ... Rest of story

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2580 on: May 01, 2023, 11:55:19 pm »
     May 1, 2023
His mother said he was killed on an access road leading into Bakhmut called the "Road of Life."

Semper fi.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2581 on: May 02, 2023, 12:28:04 am »
     May 1, 2023
Joshua Young
The Post Millennial

26-year-old Cooper "Harris" Andrews, a veteran of the US Marines from Cleveland, Ohio, was killed on April 19 while fighting in Ukraine.

Fox News reports that the State Department said in a statement, "We can confirm the death of a US citizen in Ukraine. We are in touch with the family and providing all possible consular assistance. Out of respect for the family’s privacy during this difficult time, we have nothing further to add."

A US official told Fox that Andrews was in active service for the Marines from January 20, 2017, to January 16, 2022, and had been stationed in North Carolina....

The outlet reports Andrews also worked for the Ukrainian Foreign Legion, a group of foreign fighters aiding the Ukrainian military. His body has not been recovered from the country. ... Rest of story

@mountaineer

A crying damn shame.

I wonder if his death had anything to do with  language difficulties? I suspect there are VERY few Americans who speak and understand Ukrainian,and being able to understand what the people around you are saying and the orders being given to you be someone in a  language  foreign to you is a VERY important survival tool.

Still,I salute this brave Marine for his courage as well as for his desire to help right a wrong,even if it put his life at risk. He is a hero in my mind.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 12:30:00 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2582 on: May 02, 2023, 12:33:26 am »
BTW,if anyone finds out where and when his funeral will be,I would be grateful if you would start a thread to announce it. I would like to attend if it is close enough to me to be possible,and I can't be the only one.

Even if I can't personally attend the funeral,I hope there are enough "outsiders" there to help his family understand that we all appreciate his sacrifice,as well as the sacrifices they will now have to make.

This young man can NOT be allowed to go in the ground unnoticed and without the show of respect he deserves.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2583 on: May 02, 2023, 12:36:11 am »
BTW,if anyone finds out where and when his funeral will be,I would be grateful if you would start a thread to announce it. I would like to attend if it is close enough to me to be possible,and I can't be the only one.

Even if I can't personally attend the funeral,I hope there are enough "outsiders" there to help his family understand that we all appreciate his sacrifice,as well as the sacrifices they will now have to make.

This young man can NOT be allowed to go in the ground unnoticed and without the show of respect he deserves.

The article states that his body has not been recovered; hopefully they'll be able to bring him home.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2584 on: May 02, 2023, 12:44:07 am »
The article states that his body has not been recovered; hopefully they'll be able to bring him home.

@libertybele

Even if they can't find the body,there will be a formal funeral held for him,and the burial of an empty casket. The formal funeral is to try to help the family of the deceased to start healing. If/when his  remains are found and returned to his family,they can have the casket opened,his remains put in it,and then put back into the ground.

The main focus now should be in honoring him and helping his family to try to heal and recover. I think that if a lot of strangers show up at the funeral ceremony and act respectful,that will help his family to heal a little because they will know that their son didn't die for no reason.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2585 on: May 02, 2023, 12:47:37 am »
The main focus now should be in honoring him and helping his family to try to heal and recover. I think that if a lot of strangers show up at the funeral ceremony and act respectful,that will help his family to heal a little because they will know that their son didn't die for no reason.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

John 15:13

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2586 on: May 02, 2023, 12:47:45 am »
@libertybele

Even if they can't find the body,there will be a formal funeral held for him,and the burial of an empty casket. The formal funeral is to try to help the family of the deceased to start healing. If/when his  remains are found and returned to his family,they can have the casket opened,his remains put in it,and then put back into the ground.

:patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2587 on: May 02, 2023, 04:41:46 am »
Explosions derail freight train and blow up power line in Russia

18h ago  05:47

Explosions have derailed a freight train and blown up a power line in Russia, local governors said.

Dark grey smoke can be seen billowing from a fire spreading through several carriages laying on their side in footage on social media.

Russian authorities say the Bryansk region - which borders both Ukraine and Belarus - has been attacked multiple times, with the railway operator confirming the derailment at 10.17am local time.  .  .

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-kremlin-avoiding-overly-repressive-measures-out-of-fear-for-putins-future-12541713?postid=5852656#liveblog-body

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2588 on: May 02, 2023, 04:46:36 am »
Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, May 1, 2023

Riley Bailey, Kateryna Stepanenko, Karolina Hird, Grace Mappes, Layne Philipson, and Frederick W. Kagan  |  May 1, 2023, 5pm ET

Russian forces conducted another large-scale missile strike against Ukraine on the night of April 30 to May 1. Ukrainian sources reported that nine Tu-95 and two Tu-160 strategic bombers took off from Murmansk Oblast and near the Caspian Sea and launched 18 Kh-101/555 cruise missiles at Ukraine. Ukrainian air defense shot down 15 of the missiles. Geolocated footage from Pavlohrad, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, shows that one of the missiles struck the Pavlohrad Chemical Plant and caused a massive explosion on impact. The Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) claimed on May 1 that the strikes targeted Ukrainian military-industrial objects and successfully disrupted the production of military resources. The Russian MoD has recently shifted its rhetoric and is actively describing strike campaigns, likely in an effort to portray a proactive approach to growing concerns in the Russian information space regarding a Ukrainian counteroffensive. Russian milbloggers claimed that the missiles struck Ukrainian air defense systems and a transportation hub in Pavlohrad. Ukrainian Air Force Spokesperson Yuriy Ihnat noted that the fact that both the Tu-95 and Tu-160s carried far fewer missiles than their maximum load suggests that Russia continues to struggle with adequate production of such munitions.  .  .

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-may-1-2023

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2589 on: May 02, 2023, 05:41:52 am »
@mountaineer

A crying damn shame.

I wonder if his death had anything to do with  language difficulties? I suspect there are VERY few Americans who speak and understand Ukrainian,and being able to understand what the people around you are saying and the orders being given to you be someone in a  language  foreign to you is a VERY important survival tool.

Still,I salute this brave Marine for his courage as well as for his desire to help right a wrong,even if it put his life at risk. He is a hero in my mind.
YEP!  :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2590 on: May 02, 2023, 05:44:41 am »
Explosions derail freight train and blow up power line in Russia

18h ago  05:47

Explosions have derailed a freight train and blown up a power line in Russia, local governors said.

Dark grey smoke can be seen billowing from a fire spreading through several carriages laying on their side in footage on social media.

Russian authorities say the Bryansk region - which borders both Ukraine and Belarus - has been attacked multiple times, with the railway operator confirming the derailment at 10.17am local time.  .  .

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-kremlin-avoiding-overly-repressive-measures-out-of-fear-for-putins-future-12541713?postid=5852656#liveblog-body

I think there is some sabotage going on in Russia.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2591 on: May 02, 2023, 12:02:25 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2592 on: May 02, 2023, 12:06:27 pm »

I think there is some sabotage going on in Russia.

Actually more over here in this country, if you'd watch domestic news.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2593 on: May 02, 2023, 01:38:02 pm »
 May 1, 2023 3:15pm EDT
US says 20,000 Russians killed in Ukraine war since December
The White House estimates that since December Russia has suffered 100,000 casualties
Associated Press

The White House said Monday it now estimates that just since December Russia has suffered 100,000 casualties, including 20,000 killed, as Ukraine has rebuffed a heavy-assault by Russian forces in eastern Ukraine.

In what has become a grinding war of attrition, the fiercest battles have been in the eastern Donetsk region, where Russia is struggling to encircle the city of Bakhmut in the face of dogged Ukrainian defense.

White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said the U.S. estimate is based on newly declassified American intelligence. He did not detail how the intelligence community derived the number.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-says-20000-russians-killed-ukraine-war-since-december
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2594 on: May 02, 2023, 02:38:50 pm »
I live in Cleveland.  I'll see if I can find out, and I'll go.  Former Marine myself, and I've been to a bunch of local funerals for Marines killed overseas.

ETA:  Can't find anything.  I looked up his mom's name and know where she lives, but couldn't find anything about a funeral.   Where she lives is a comparatively poor area of the city.

I'll keep looking to see if anything pops up. Local media only seems to have the national stories.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 02:50:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2595 on: May 03, 2023, 12:34:43 am »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2596 on: May 03, 2023, 12:33:33 pm »
Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
·
11h
In another reckless escalation, Britain has confirmed delivery of depleted uranium munitions to Ukraine. DU munitions should be banned. They partially vaporize on impact, poisoning the environment with uranium dust that causes cancer and horrific birth defects. #Kennedy24
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2597 on: May 03, 2023, 12:36:59 pm »
Russia accuses Ukraine of attempted drone attack on Kremlin

Alleged assault in Moscow seen as an attempt on Putin’s life, state media reports.

3 May 2023

Russia has accused Ukraine of attempting an overnight drone attack on the Kremlin with the aim of killing President Vladimir Putin.

The allegation was made on Wednesday by the Russian government and reported by several state news agencies.

Putin was not injured and there was no material damage to the Kremlin buildings, Russian officials said.

The Kremlin warned that Russia reserves the right to retaliate and that it viewed the alleged assault as a “terrorist” attack.

“The Kremlin has assessed these actions as a planned terrorist act and an assassination attempt on the president on the eve of Victory Day, the May 9 Parade,” state news outlet RIA reported, adding Putin had not changed his schedule and was working as usual.

The president had not been in the Kremlin at the time, and was working on Wednesday at his Novo Ogaryovo residence outside Moscow, according to RIA.

Source:  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/3/russia-accuses-ukraine-of-attempted-drone-attack-on-kremlin

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2598 on: May 03, 2023, 12:40:26 pm »
Russia accuses Ukraine of attempted drone attack on Kremlin

Alleged assault in Moscow seen as an attempt on Putin’s life, state media reports.

3 May 2023

Russia has accused Ukraine of attempting an overnight drone attack on the Kremlin with the aim of killing President Vladimir Putin.

The allegation was made on Wednesday by the Russian government and reported by several state news agencies.

Putin was not injured and there was no material damage to the Kremlin buildings, Russian officials said.

The Kremlin warned that Russia reserves the right to retaliate and that it viewed the alleged assault as a “terrorist” attack.

“The Kremlin has assessed these actions as a planned terrorist act and an assassination attempt on the president on the eve of Victory Day, the May 9 Parade,” state news outlet RIA reported, adding Putin had not changed his schedule and was working as usual.

The president had not been in the Kremlin at the time, and was working on Wednesday at his Novo Ogaryovo residence outside Moscow, according to RIA.

Source:  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/3/russia-accuses-ukraine-of-attempted-drone-attack-on-kremlin

Is this the same guy that has bombing cities in Ukraine? I think that Ukraine should bomb Lenins to tomb.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2599 on: May 03, 2023, 12:42:39 pm »
Video:

https://rumble.com/v2lsw9a-eyewitnesses-footage-of-the-attack-on-the-kremlin.html

Flashback to March 2022:

Assassination plot against Zelensky foiled and unit sent to kill him ‘destroyed,’ Ukraine says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/02/zelensky-russia-ukraine-assassination-attempt-foiled/

A recent alleged assassination plot against Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was foiled over the weekend and the Chechen servicemen sent from Russia were “destroyed,” a Ukrainian security leader said Tuesday.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus