Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 153294 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #1100 on: November 14, 2022, 06:41:21 pm »
Well that didn’t age well

lol, was this posted before or after Putin called Ukrainians a bunch of nazis and drug addicts?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1101 on: November 14, 2022, 06:49:24 pm »
One of those risk/reward moves I guess.  He threw the dice and it came up "7" thrice.

Uh, no.  With 100,000 Russian troops closing in on Kyiv, he rallied the nation, choosing to stand and fight.  This isn't characteristic of someone who allegedly has millions of embezzled money tucked away in Swiss bank accounts.  Think Hamid Karzai.

Say what you want about Zelenskiy.  Accuse him of whatever propaganda you wish.  But you gotta admit that he has shown extreme fortitude in the throes of war, rallying his people and standing against the Russian Bear.  And that is evident throughout the people of Ukraine.  Their morale remains high even though they've been underdogs for almost a decade.  And I'm a sucker for underdogs.

Slava Ukraini.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1102 on: November 14, 2022, 07:19:56 pm »
I'm not assuming anything at this point. If it's true it is a big deal. If not it still illustrates the problem of sending huge sums of money to Ukraine without congressional oversight.

When did those huge amounts of money get sent to Ukraine?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1103 on: November 14, 2022, 09:51:22 pm »
And also remember that Putin had sent GRU, FSB, Spetsnaz, and/or Wagner operatives into Kyiv on February 24 to hunt and kill Zelensky but they got wiped out first.  And Zelensky still didn't run away...

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #1104 on: November 14, 2022, 09:56:12 pm »
"CIA Director Bill Burns met with Russian counterpart Monday"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/14/politics/cia-director-bill-burns-russian-counterpart/

CIA Director Bill Burns met with his Russian intelligence counterpart, Sergey Naryshkin, in Ankara Monday as part of an ongoing effort by the US to “communicate with Russia on managing risk” and to discuss the cases of “unjustly detained US citizens,” a National Security Council spokesperson tells CNN.

“We have been very open about the fact that we have channels to communicate with Russia on managing risk, especially nuclear risk and risks to strategic stability,” the spokesperson said. “As part of this effort, Bill Burns is in Ankara today to meet with his Russian intelligence counterpart.”

CNN has previously reported that national security adviser Jake Sullivan has also been in touch with his Russian counterparts to warn them of the consequences should Russia use a nuclear weapon in Ukraine.

The spokesperson emphasized that Burns “is not conducting negotiations of any kind.”

“He is not discussing settlement of the war in Ukraine. He is conveying a message on the consequences of the use of nuclear weapons by Russia, and the risks of escalation to strategic stability. He will also raise the cases of unjustly detained US citizens.”

The spokesperson added that the US briefed Ukraine on the meeting in advance of Burns’ trip.

Excerpt.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1105 on: November 14, 2022, 11:02:58 pm »
'They were raping girls here and killing and beating men' - horrors of Kherson prison laid bare

Alex Rossi  |  14 November 2022  |  17:49, UK

The gates swing open, creaking ominously on their hinges.

This is the first time Valery has been back to the prison where the Russians took him.

As he walks through the gates he points out the cell on the second floor where he was locked up.

And when he recounts what happened here it's clear that it is a painful experience.

'Every day people were tortured'

"In the 20 cells, there were more than 180 prisoners. Every day people were tortured," Valery says.

"If you get inside the prison and see what they have written on the walls you will see how much they hated us."

Valery was a successful businessman before he was arrested when he resisted as soldiers stole his trucks from his factory.

What the Russians didn't know was their crimes were recorded on CCTV as they looted his office and drove away with his vehicles.

He shows me the images on his phone. They clearly show the soldiers filling bags with valuables and computing equipment.

When they left they smashed everything up.

Each image is dated - it all happened in March shortly after the invasion when they captured Kherson city.

On the walls of the prison graffiti reads "Zelenskyy we are coming".

But surprisingly Valery considers himself lucky as, he says, other inmates were tortured far worse.

"They were tortured severely. They were electrocuted. They were suffocating people in water. They cut people. They were doing things that I can't imagine how any human being could do. We were praying that Ukraine would return to Kherson as soon as possible.

"Please forgive me. This is hard for me. It's difficult, very difficult. Please forgive me."

What happened in this building during the Russian occupation is only now coming to light.

Andrei from the apartment block next door told Valery the residents could also hear the screams.

"I heard everything, it was terrifying.

"They were raping girls here. Then they brought men here and were beating them and killing them."  .  .  .

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-horrors-of-kherson-prison-where-ukrainians-were-tortured-severely-by-russians-comes-to-light-12746879

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1106 on: November 14, 2022, 11:04:13 pm »
Uh, no.  With 100,000 Russian troops closing in on Kyiv, he rallied the nation, choosing to stand and fight.  This isn't characteristic of someone who allegedly has millions of embezzled money tucked away in Swiss bank accounts.  Think Hamid Karzai.

Say what you want about Zelenskiy.  Accuse him of whatever propaganda you wish.  But you gotta admit that he has shown extreme fortitude in the throes of war, rallying his people and standing against the Russian Bear.  And that is evident throughout the people of Ukraine.  Their morale remains high even though they've been underdogs for almost a decade.  And I'm a sucker for underdogs.

Slava Ukraini.

"I don't need a ride, I need more ammo!"

Right up there with "Retreat Hell, we just got here!"

Words that inspire, and which resonate with a population.

Compare and contrast with the Afghan leadership bailing with bags of money.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1107 on: November 14, 2022, 11:18:40 pm »
"I don't need a ride, I need more ammo!"

Right up there with "Retreat Hell, we just got here!"

Words that inspire, and which resonate with a population.

Compare and contrast with the Afghan leadership bailing with bags of money.

:thumbsup:

Offline bilo

« Reply #1108 on: November 15, 2022, 01:32:05 am »
:silly:

Sorry. You trust Congrees to look after money??

:silly:

No I think the conservative media is our only hope.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #1109 on: November 15, 2022, 01:36:01 am »
When did those huge amounts of money get sent to Ukraine?

Read the news, or prior links. I'm not doing your homework for you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1110 on: November 15, 2022, 01:38:26 am »
Either you put this money in that account or we can't do bid'ness....

...and Sonofabitch!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1111 on: November 15, 2022, 01:43:37 am »
Either you put this money in that account or we can't do bid'ness....

...and Sonofabitch!

In laymen's terms, this is known as 'influence peddling'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1112 on: November 15, 2022, 01:47:21 am »
In laymen's terms, this is known as 'influence peddling'.
Quid pro quo..
Baksheesh....
Kickbacks....

Call it what you will, but it is wrong, and especially so holding a country for ransom.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1113 on: November 15, 2022, 01:52:04 am »
Total military aid to Ukraine from EU and its Member States reaches EUR 8B

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3614412-total-military-aid-to-ukraine-from-eu-and-its-member-states-reaches-eur-8b.html

The total military aid provided by the European Union and its Member States to Ukraine reaches EUR 8 billion, or about 45% of the amount of aid that Kyiv receives from the United States.

EU High Representative Josep Borrell said this at a press conference following the meeting of foreign ministers of the EU countries, according to an Ukrinform correspondent.

“We should not confuse the € 3.1 billion from the European Peace Facility, with the [combined] military support of the European Union and its Member States to Ukraine. Sometimes you can read some figures, a comparison between the United States’ effort and the European effort.  I asked my military staff to do the best estimation of which is the amount of our military support to Ukraine, and I can advance a figure that tomorrow will be discussed with the Defence Ministers. I think I can say that at least €8 billion in military equipment have already been provided to Ukraine by the European Union and the Member States. It is about 45% of the effort done by the United States, so it is not negligible,” Borrell said.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1114 on: November 15, 2022, 01:52:53 am »
Quid pro quo..
Call it what you will, but it is wrong, and especially so holding a country for ransom.

It's what Joe Biden does.  He even brags about doing it.  And now you see how Democrats were able to raise so much money this election year.  In the first few weeks after the AZ primary, Mark Kelly spent $30 million on ads bashing Blake Masters while McConnell denied him money to fight back.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1115 on: November 15, 2022, 11:12:11 am »
Read the news, or prior links. I'm not doing your homework for you.

Maybe you should do your own homework, first; then perhaps you’d stop peddling lies. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1116 on: November 15, 2022, 02:09:12 pm »
No I think the conservative media is our only hope.

You got that right.  The Republicans in Congress certainly aren't willing to lift a finger to stop it (to their own election demises).

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #1117 on: November 15, 2022, 06:15:47 pm »
Maybe you should do your own homework, first; then perhaps you’d stop peddling lies.

Being blind to the reality of the FTX corruption doesn't add to a posters credibility.

I am as supportive as any poster who wants Ukraine to prevail in it's war with Russia. However, I don't want that to blind me to Ukrainian corruption and involvement in helping to fund the Rats by means of a money laundering operation.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1118 on: November 15, 2022, 06:19:56 pm »
You got that right.  The Republicans in Congress certainly aren't willing to lift a finger to stop it (to their own election demises).

I'm becoming more convinced that we will end up with only 2 choices. We either push for a peaceful separation or form a 3rd party. The Pub party is controlled by DC establishment types even though a large majority of the party does not support them, or their beliefs. If either solution is not possible then all we can do is encourage conservatives living in solidly blue states to move to swing states, or solidly red states.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1119 on: November 15, 2022, 06:41:34 pm »
Being blind to the reality of the FTX corruption doesn't add to a posters credibility.

I am as supportive as any poster who wants Ukraine to prevail in it's war with Russia. However, I don't want that to blind me to Ukrainian corruption and involvement in helping to fund the Rats by means of a money laundering operation.

Then why do you blindly assume that bales of cash were just magically shipped to Ukraine, and that Zelenskyy took time out from his petty affairs at the Dnipro to engage in a complex, complicated money-laundering scheme to convert that cash into bitcoin, and then tracelessly transfer that bitcoin to DNC operatives, where it was then converted back into cash and turned into DNC party contributions.

To start with, where are those bales of cash?

Online DB

« Reply #1120 on: November 15, 2022, 06:43:13 pm »
I'm becoming more convinced that we will end up with only 2 choices. We either push for a peaceful separation or form a 3rd party. The Pub party is controlled by DC establishment types even though a large majority of the party does not support them, or their beliefs. If either solution is not possible then all we can do is encourage conservatives living in solidly blue states to move to swing states, or solidly red states.

I moved from California to Arizona and now its gone full blue... Only my rep is red...

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #1121 on: November 15, 2022, 07:31:28 pm »
Strikes put Ukraine in darkness; missiles cross into Poland [killing 2 Poles]

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-zelenskyy-kherson-9202c032cf3a5c22761ee71b52ff9d52

Russia pounded Ukraine’s energy facilities Tuesday with its biggest barrage of missiles yet, striking targets across the country and causing widespread blackouts, and a U.S. official said missiles crossed into NATO member Poland, where two people were killed.

A defiant Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy shook his fist and declared: “We will survive everything.”

Polish government spokesman Piotr Mueller did not immediately confirm the information from a senior U.S. intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation. But Mueller said top leaders were holding an emergency meeting due to a “crisis situation.”

Polish media reported that two people died Tuesday afternoon after a projectile struck an area where grain was drying in Przewodów, a Polish village near the border with Ukraine.

Neighboring Moldova was also affected. It reported massive power outages after the strikes knocked out a key power line that supplies the small nation, an official said.

Zelenskyy said Russia fired at least 85 missiles, “most of them at our energy infrastructure,” and shut down power in many cities.

Excerpt.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1122 on: November 15, 2022, 08:35:59 pm »
NATO Article 5

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1123 on: November 15, 2022, 09:04:54 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1124 on: November 15, 2022, 09:08:27 pm »