Author Topic: State Department spokesman: US ‘in a stronger position as a country’ because of Afghanistan withdraw  (Read 797 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published August 15, 2022 11:00pm EDT

State Department spokesman: US ‘in a stronger position as a country’ because of Afghanistan withdrawl

By Lindsay Kornick , Alexa Moutevelis | Fox News

State Department spokesperson Ned Price claimed on Monday that the U.S. is "in a stronger position as a country" today because of President Biden’s decision to pull out of Afghanistan one year ago.

Many have considered the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan to be a disaster after the nation’s capital quickly fell to the Taliban despite Biden's reassurance, and thousands of American citizens and allies were left stranded or scrambling to safely get out of the country. Still, Price continued to claim the effort was a success in a press conference.

"Many of us here at the Department and across the government, and millions of Americans and Afghans alike, are mindful of today’s meaning as the 20-year-long U.S. military mission in Afghanistan ended nearly one year ago," Price said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/state-department-spokesman-us-stronger-position-country-because-afghanistan-withdrawal?yptr=yahoo
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
State Department spokesman: US Russia ‘in a stronger position as a country’ because of Afghanistan withdrawl.

There. fixed it.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Kinda like changing genders, isn't it! :silly:
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

What the actual ... up is down and right is left, in other words.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
State Department spokesman: US Russia ‘in a stronger position as a country’ because of Afghanistan withdrawl.

There. fixed it.
I still think that it's China that's in a better position.

Offline PeteS in CA

Afghanistan-based A-Q attack on the US in 100, 99, 98, 97, .........
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

I guess you can say Russia, China and all other autocratic regimes, including Iran.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess you can say Russia, China and all other autocratic regimes, including Iran.
:thumbsup: Just the fruits of Joe and the commiecrats America last policies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"State Department spokesman: US ‘in a stronger position as a country’ because of Afghanistan withdrawl"

EGADS...!

Send Mr. Price over to the White House. They need a new liar... oops... new Press Secretary...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Department of State has been working against OUR interests for a long time. This should surprise no one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Maybe if we'd done it right, but we left the Taliban in an extremely strong position. They've been quiet - too quiet. My gut says they are focused on Pakistan and their nukes.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

That is my thinking as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why should I trust anything said by someone named, "Ned"?

Ned is not a trustworthy name.

Remember this Ned?  Does this look like strength, Ned?  If you were Putin or Xi, would you see this and think, "Woah! America looks unbeatable! We need to surrender now."

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.