Author Topic: Air Force grounds CV-22 Ospreys due to safety concerns  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force grounds CV-22 Ospreys due to safety concerns
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:08:27 am »
Air Force grounds CV-22 Ospreys due to safety concerns
Misty Severi - Yesterday 2:54 PM

The U.S. Air Force has grounded all 52 of its CV-22 Osprey aircraft indefinitely after two safety incidents occurred in the past six weeks, Air Force Special Operations Command officials said Wednesday.

The grounding will remain in effect until the root cause of the safety concerns has been identified, spokeswoman Lt. Col. Becky Heyse told Breaking Defense.

AFSOC Commander Lt. Gen. Jim Slife ordered the grounding due to a problem with the clutch, Heyse said. The clutch, which connects the craft's engines to the propeller, keeps slipping for an unknown reason. When the slip occurs, the power transfers to the other engine, which has been designed to keep the craft in the air if one engine fails.

After the slip, the initial clutch often reengages and the power shifts back to the original propeller rotor and engine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/air-force-grounds-cv-22-ospreys-due-to-safety-concerns/ar-AA10LSSX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0eac9b53a9014d7d98917446d1050a18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson