Author Topic: Deep State Infighting: DOJ Fingers FBI for Mar-a-Lago Raid Disaster  (Read 3255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Deep State Infighting: DOJ Fingers FBI for Mar-a-Lago Raid Disaster

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 10 Aug 2022

Senior U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) officials are blaming FBI Director Christopher Wray for the recent raid of former President Donald Trump’s home in an apparent attempt to take pressure off U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

After Trump confirmed the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago on Monday, many Republican politicians called on both Wray and Garland to explain the justification for the raid.

For example, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said, “Merrick Garland, Chris Wray, come to the House Judiciary Committee this Friday and answer our questions about this action today, which has never happened in American history.”

Similarly, House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) called out the DOJ’s “intolerable state of weaponized politicization” and told Garland to “preserve your documents and clear your calendar” as he pledged an investigation into the FBI raid if the Republicans take control of the House after November’s midterms.

Even Rep. Peter Meijer (R-MI), who voted to impeach Trump after the January 6 Capitol Riots, said Wray and Garland “owe transparency on the justification for setting such a striking precedent.”

However, one senior DOJ official told Newsweek that the final decision to green-light the raid on Mar-a-Lago rested with FBI Director Wray.

“I know it’s hard for people to believe, but this was a matter for the U.S. Attorney and the FBI,” the source told Newsweek.

“It really is a case of the Bureau misreading the impact,” the source added.

Although the DOJ source claimed Wray gave the final go-ahead, Newsweek also reported that Attorney General Garland “was regularly briefed” on the investigation into Trump and “he knew about the grand jury and what material federal prosecutors were seeking.”

However, the source insisted “that Garland had no prior knowledge of the date and time of the specific raid, nor was he asked to approve it,” according to Newsweek.

The grand jury investigation over a potential violation of the Presidential Records Act that led to the raid on Mar-a-Lago reportedly began in April.

Another senior DOJ official told Newsweek that the Mar-a-Lago raid was a “spectacular backfire” because the FBI reportedly planned the raid while Trump was not in Florida in an effort to avoid any media circus.

As Newsweek detailed:

The officials, who have direct knowledge of the FBI’s deliberations and were granted anonymity in order to discuss sensitive matters, said the raid of Donald Trump’s Florida residence was deliberately timed to occur when the former president was away.

FBI decision-makers in Washington and Miami thought that denying the former president a photo opportunity or a platform from which to grandstand (or to attempt to thwart the raid) would lower the profile of the event, says one of the sources, a senior Justice Department official who is a 30-year veteran of the FBI.

The first DOJ source told Newsweek:

I know that there is much speculation out there that this is political persecution, but it is really the best and the worst of the bureaucracy in action. They wanted to punctuate the fact that this was a routine law enforcement action, stripped of any political overtones, and yet [they] got exactly the opposite.

“They were seeking to avoid any media circus. So even though everything made sense bureaucratically and the FBI feared that the documents might be destroyed, they also created the very firestorm they sought to avoid, in ignoring the fallout,” the second source said.

With Republicans rallying around the former president after news of the raid broke, it appears the FBI got the exact opposite of what they wanted.

“After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” Trump said in a statement on Monday.

“It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don’t want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections,” said Trump.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/10/deep-state-infighting-doj-fingers-fbi-for-mar-a-lago-raid-disaster/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Deep State Infighting: DOJ Fingers FBI for Mar-a-Lago Raid Disaster
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 02:29:36 am »
Garland throwing Wray under the bus.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 02:36:00 am »

It begins!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 03:16:54 am »
This is a very interesting turn. I'm starting to think this isn't about classified docs at all, but a coverup of something the big dogs don't want exposed. The 'raid' is starting to look even more hasty and shady than it already was.

Garland may be a politically vindictive horse's ass, but he usually has his ducks in a row better than this. Wray is alot more flip and cavalier (I gotta plane to catch.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:17:40 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 03:48:34 am »
“It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don’t want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections,” said Trump.

Actually, I think it is the opposite.  The Democrats, through this and the January 6th hearings, are intentionally turning Trump into a martyr and something of a folk hero among conservatives.  They are attempting to pick the GOP nominee for 2024.  It may backfire on them big time, but to their way of thinking, they prefer to run against Trump because no one energizes the Democrat base like Trump does.  They can run against Trump rather than try to promote their own agenda, which is failing at every turn.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 03:51:28 am »
The Democrats, through this and the January 6th hearings, are intentionally turning Trump into a martyr and something of a folk hero among conservatives.  They are attempting to pick the GOP nominee for 2024.

They certainly did so in 2016.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 03:53:41 am »
"What did the President know, and when did he know it?"

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 03:54:31 am »

Nice.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 04:37:00 am »
.... to their way of thinking, they prefer to run against Trump because no one energizes the Democrat base like Trump does.  They can run against Trump rather than try to promote their own agenda, which is failing at every turn.

I'm not sure about this.   pointing-up

They'll be directly, one-on-one, running against Trump's America First accomplishments.  I suspect nothing motivates Independents and minorities quite like a return to winning.    happy77

Online Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 09:00:50 am »

Actually, I think it is the opposite.  The Democrats, through this and the January 6th hearings, are intentionally turning Trump into a martyr and something of a folk hero among conservatives.  They are attempting to pick the GOP nominee for 2024.  It may backfire on them big time, but to their way of thinking, they prefer to run against Trump because no one energizes the Democrat base like Trump does.  They can run against Trump rather than try to promote their own agenda, which is failing at every turn.

Good point. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 12:57:59 pm »
They'll be directly, one-on-one, running against Trump's America First accomplishments.  I suspect nothing motivates Independents and minorities quite like a return to winning.    happy77

As I said, it could very well backfire big time. But there is no doubt that the effect of all of this has been to solidify Trump as the GOP standard-bearer as the conservatives rally behind him.  And the political strategists on both sides know that.

The people on the left think the majority has Trump Derangement Syndrome. Certainly, everyone I know who has it, including my moderate Republican friends, continues to have it.  So we shall see.

I just hope one or more credible conservatives have the guts to run against Trump in the 2024 primary.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 01:30:40 pm »
This is a very interesting turn. I'm starting to think this isn't about classified docs at all, but a coverup of something the big dogs don't want exposed. The 'raid' is starting to look even more hasty and shady than it already was.

Garland may be a politically vindictive horse's ass, but he usually has his ducks in a row better than this. Wray is alot more flip and cavalier (I gotta plane to catch.)

This perhaps?

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,477449.msg2690736.html#msg2690736

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 01:45:06 pm »
I'm not sure about this.   pointing-up

I rarely disagree with my friend @massadvj but in this case I do and would note that we STILL have not seen the documents Trump ordered declassified and released. THAT is what this episode is all about IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 02:23:31 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 04:33:48 pm »
Very meaty articles at CT!  It's gonna take me awhile to get through them!

Oh yeah! But it's worth your time I'll assure you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 04:41:09 pm »
I just hope one or more credible conservatives have the guts to run against Trump in the 2024 primary.

@massadvj

Please spell out what will make these candidates "more credible" for you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2022, 05:27:08 pm »
However, the source insisted “that Garland had no prior knowledge of the date and time of the specific raid, nor was he asked to approve it,” according to Newsweek.

Ok,I would have no trouble believing that if it were thee or me that had been raided,but you would have to still believe in Santa to believe the Feebs were going to raid the home of a former President and didn't clear it with their bosses.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 05:29:28 pm »
Excellent finds @Bigun ----- Being added to the personal library for further review and reference!

I spent the last several hours reading the material at those links @Right_in_Virginia and if it's true (I believe it is) this nation is in even more trouble than even I ever imagined. God help us!

Be sure to follow the embedded links as you read.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 05:31:19 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 05:31:34 pm »

@Hoodat

Next thing we are going to hear is that Wray knew nothing about it,and it the raid was entirely the decision of the senior agent in charge that led the raid.

And later,maybe the fault of some Feeb clerk that got the paperwork wrong.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 05:33:31 pm »
Ok, so, if what I'm hearing is correct, neither the White House, nor the head of the DOJ was aware of an extremely politically-charged search the Washington office of the FBI intended to carry out on a former president of the United States.

Seriously?  Unless everyone involved in running this search has been relieved of duty, and fired for insubordination, I find that very, very hard to believe.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 05:33:47 pm »
@Hoodat

Next thing we are going to hear is that Wray knew nothing about it,and it the raid was entirely the decision of the senior agent in charge that led the raid.

And later,maybe the fault of some Feeb clerk that got the paperwork wrong.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2022, 05:39:41 pm »

@massadvj

Interesting!

I am going to have to muddle that over for a while.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2022, 05:42:34 pm »

@dfwgator

He has known the DNC is populated with self-centered thieves ever since he was a young boy watching his father pay bribes to Dims in order to get permits to run his businesses,and then having to contribute to their campaigns over and over to keep getting the permits renewed.

And then having to do this himself as an adult.

Next question.