Author Topic: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago  (Read 61168 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2022, 09:40:45 pm »
‘Cocktail Napkin,’ ‘Letters,’ Taken from Trump Residence in Previous Search

Various unclassified items were taken from former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in a previous search.

Spencer Lindquist 9 Aug 2022

Various unclassified items were taken from former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in a previous search.

Prior to the FBI raid of Trump’s residence on Monday, the National Archives and Records Administration retrieved various items from Mar-a-Lago. The search, which occurred in January, resulted in several boxes of documents being retrieved from Trump’s home.

An anonymous source told the Washington Post that a variety of different items were taken from the Trump residence in Mar-a-Lago, claiming that the list of unclassified items that were taken is roughly 100 pages long.

The Washington Post noted that “items that were improperly taken to Mar-a-Lago include a cocktail napkin, a phone list, charts, slide decks, letters, memos, maps, talking points, a birthday dinner menu, schedules and more.”

https://twitter.com/sarahcwestwood/status/1557006496424132613

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/cocktail-napkin-letters-taken-from-trump-residence-in-previous-search/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:41:40 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2022, 09:41:28 pm »
Some say destroy, I say this emboldens them even more, and increases their power......

Actions cause reactions. It is not hard to see a knee-jerk revulsion from the people getting fed liberalism through a fire hose. The reaction is predictable - Even city folks are chaffing, and they're fairly used to fascist overlords.

Look what they have been able to get away with the past few years, with no repercussions

That is entirely because they can. And the government big enough to give you what you what, is big enough to take everything you have - And it will.

This is precisely why Republicans can no longer deny the desperate need for, and legitimacy of libertarianism and fiscal conservatism. Had Conservatives been in power, even within the party, this could not ever have happened.

I see nothing on the horizon changing that.

In the short term, November. All it takes is a House overturned to the GOP and they can be stopped nearly dead.

As to the 2nd Amendment, I am confident all the new laws will be overturned, and if not, ignored throughout rural areas and red states - And if they push it, they will find out. I will not give up on that front without blood... And I am not alone. Hell, I am a multitude, everywhere I care to roam.

We are still a long, long way from takeover... Providing the dollar stays viable.
But this better serve as a wake up call. Folks better start insisting upon smaller federal government.
They would not be able to do what they are trying to do if government was 1/10th it's current scope.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2022, 09:49:06 pm »
Had Conservatives been in power, even within the party, this could not ever have happened.

Damn straight!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #603 on: August 09, 2022, 09:55:22 pm »
   A Conservative never would have signed off on Robert Mueller, James Comey or Christopher Wray in the first place.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 10:02:22 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2022, 10:21:49 pm »
Trump accuses Biden of knowing about FBI raid like he knew about Hunter's 'deals'

Former President Trump on Tuesday continued to excoriate 'Radical Left' Democrats after the FBI raided his Mar-a-Lago residence. In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the raid was a continuation of Russian collusion allegations, the Impeachment "Hoax," and more.

"To make matters it is all, in my opinion, a coordinated attack with Radical Left Democrat state & local D.A.'s & A.G.'s," Trump said.

In a follow-up post, he accused President Biden of supposedly knowing about the raid, "just like he knew all about Hunter's 'deals.'"
Posted by Bradford Betz
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline corbe

« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2022, 10:46:40 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2022, 10:48:03 pm »
Apparently, one of the explanations that is being bandied about for this raid is the theory that if Trump is convicted for mishandling government documents, then he would be barred from holding public office - including the presidency - under 18 USC 2071.

However, that statute is quite possibly unconstitutional as applied to the office of the president.  The Constitution imposes three requirements for a person to be the president:  be at least 35 years of age, be a natural born US Citizen, and have lived in the US for at least 14 years.  There is no requirement that the individual in question not have a criminal record, even a federal criminal record.

Accordingly, as applied to the office of the president, 18 USC 2071 would effectively be imposing an additional requirement for a person to qualify as the president over and above what the Constitution requires, and as such would be unconstitutional.

I think this argument has great merit.

Yes, if a court actually gives Trump Standing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #609 on: August 09, 2022, 10:54:16 pm »
Yes, if a court actually gives Trump Standing.

If he is being denied eligibility as president, then he has standing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #610 on: August 09, 2022, 11:02:05 pm »
If he is being denied eligibility as president, then he has standing.

I would hope so, but that hope is under serious strain with previous SCOTUS rulings.  They would not give standing to actual Electoral College Electors when the question of O'Bastard's eligibility came up after 2008.  Folks who were the very people casting the votes to elect a President were deemed as not needing to know if the Nominee for whom they were voting was eligible under the Constitution's requirement for a Natural Born Citizen.

That's breathtaking.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #611 on: August 09, 2022, 11:07:40 pm »
I would hope so, but that hope is under serious strain with previous SCOTUS rulings.  They would not give standing to actual Electoral College Electors when the question of O'Bastard's eligibility came up after 2008.  Folks who were the very people casting the votes to elect a President were deemed as not needing to know if the Nominee for whom they were voting was eligible under the Constitution's requirement for a Natural Born Citizen.

That's breathtaking.

No, not really. It is the states that cert eligibility. The states have standing if the application was falsified.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2022, 11:12:08 pm »
No, not really. It is the states that cert eligibility. The states have standing if the application was falsified.

All this while we suffer a vice president who is not even remotely constitutionally qualified to hold that office.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2022, 11:16:10 pm »
All this while we suffer a vice president who is not even remotely constitutionally qualified to hold that office.

That seems to be a trend.  :whistle:

Again... The government big enough to... Oh, nevermind. You already know.  :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2022, 11:16:28 pm »

States questioning eligibility were also denied Standing.  Everybody under the sun was.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #615 on: August 09, 2022, 11:19:31 pm »
States questioning eligibility were also denied Standing.  Everybody under the sun was.

Technically, the states, or representatives of the states? Republican legislators are not the state. The legislature moving en-toto is the state.

Offline corbe

« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2022, 11:26:40 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #617 on: August 09, 2022, 11:28:24 pm »
"They never made their plans a secret."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1557077393990471681

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #618 on: August 09, 2022, 11:33:25 pm »
Exclusive — Sen. John Cornyn on Reported Reason for Trump Raid: ‘Thin Gruel’

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) thinks that the reported reason for the FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s personal residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is “thin gruel.”

Matthew Boyle9 Aug 2022Washington, DC0

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) thinks that the reported reason for the FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s personal residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is “thin gruel,” his spokesman told Breitbart News, adding that he backs other Republican calls for an immediate investigation into Attorney General Merrick Garland on the matter.

The publicly reported reason for the raid, which Cornyn believes is “thin gruel,” is Trump duking it out with the National Archives over presidential records he supposedly took to Mar-a-Lago upon leaving the White House. The fact that the FBI raided his personal residence and broke into his safe—which was, according to his son Eric Trump, empty when agents opened it—is a significant escalation for a process fight over document sharing and preservation.

Cornyn’s spokesman, Drew Brandewie, told Breitbart News that the Texas Republican backs House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy’s announcement that Garland is under investigation for the matter.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/exclusive-sen-john-cornyn-on-reported-reason-for-trump-raid-thin-gruel/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #619 on: August 09, 2022, 11:42:09 pm »
Both. There's no way that DoJ makes a move on a former President without the current occupant knowing about it.

@txradioguy

I disagree. The current occupant doesn't even know who he is some days.

I have no doubt that Slow Joe's handler/puppet master gave the orders to do this,though.

I would love to know who that is. I suspect Soros,but it could be practically anyone in the Billionaire Club. If Trump gets in the WH again,it will cost them Billions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #620 on: August 09, 2022, 11:47:16 pm »
To be fair, he also gave money to Jeb Bush in 2015.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Bruce+Reinhart

@Hoodat

There is a difference between the political leanings of Jeb and Biden?

Two peas in a pod.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #621 on: August 09, 2022, 11:49:52 pm »
First Photo: Agent  Photographed Outside Of Trump's Palm Beach Resort Mar-a-Lago During FBI Raid

https://radaronline.com/p/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-first-photo-fbi-raid-agent-machine-gun/

@Right_in_Virginia

Do the BATF weenies normally hold carbines like that,or is he afraid it is going to decide to start shooting,and needs to keep a strong grip on it?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2022, 11:52:01 pm »
August 9, 2022 6:00pm EDT
Trump vs. National Archives: A timeline leading up to the Mar-a-Lago raid
Former President Trump returned 15 boxes of presidential documents in January
By David Spunt , Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

Here are the events that led to the FBI's raid:

January 2021

Trump departs the White House shortly before President Biden is sworn into office.

The former president takes with him an undisclosed number of boxes containing classified documents.

Late 2021

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), the agency tasked with preserving federal government records contacts representatives of Trump.

NARA officials inquire about missing potentially-classified information.

January 2022

Shortly after correspondence with NARA, Trump returns 15 missing boxes of classified materials from his time in office.

"NARA had ongoing communications with the representatives of former President Trump throughout 2021, which resulted in the transfer of 15 boxes to NARA in January 2022," David Ferriero, who served as NARA director from November 2009 until April, wrote to House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in response to an inquiry in February.

He said that the agency was in the process of inventorying the contents of the boxes as of Feb. 18.

Ferriero added that NARA requested Trump representatives "continue to search for any additional Presidential records that have not been transferred to NARA, as required by the Presidential Records Act" and that the agency notified the DOJ since classified documents were identified in the boxes Trump turned over.

June 2022

Senior DOJ officials travel to Mar-a-Lago to meet with lawyers representing Trump regarding additional missing documents. Jay Bratt, the chief of DOJ's counterintelligence and export control section is in attendance.

Trump briefly stopped by during the negotiations to greet the officials.

June – August 2022

Negotiations between DOJ investigators and Trump's representatives break down due to apparent lack of cooperation from Trump.

It is unclear when negotiations exactly deteriorated.

Early August 2022

This month, following the break-down of negotiations between the DOJ and Trump, federal investigators decide to pursue a search warrant to obtain classified government materials the former president still possessed.

On Aug. 5, prosecutors submit an affidavit requesting a search warrant. A federal magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida then approves the search warrant.

On Aug. 8, FBI agents execute the raid and obtain an unknown number of documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago home.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vs-national-archives-timeline-leading-mar-a-lago-raid
Support the USO

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2022, 11:54:50 pm »

In each state, it is clerks that cert eligibility. The secretary of state.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2022, 11:56:46 pm »
MSNBC’s Wallace: ‘Disgusting’ Republican Response to Trump FBI Raid ‘New Low’

MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace said Tuesday on “Deadline” that the Republican response to former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, FL being raided by the FBI was a “disgusting” new low.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/09/msnbcs-wallace-disgusting-republican-response-to-trump-fbi-raid-new-low/
Support the USO