Author Topic: Why the Incoming New Yorkers and Californians Might Not Ruin Your State  (Read 244 times)

Offline Kamaji

Why the Incoming New Yorkers and Californians Might Not Ruin Your State

By Joe Jarvis
August 08, 2022

I hate to boil things down to party lines, because two parties definitely cannot possibly match the nuanced beliefs of 320 million Americans.

In fact, I see it as a good thing that 61% of independents feel they have nothing in common with either major party.

But politics can be an indicator to understand broader trends, like how people are self-sorting as they move.

One concern among red-staters is that blue-staters will flee their high tax, high regulation, high cost of living state… and then keep voting for the policies which made it undesirable.

But when you look at where ideological people are moving, they’re mostly going to places that already match their politics.

* Among Democrats thinking about moving, 48% would consider a blue state, while only 25% would consider a red state.

* Among Republicans thinking about moving, 51% would consider a red state, while only 20% would consider blue states.

* Overall, 38% of people considering moving want a state where their vote would “count” more

Source:  https://www.thedailybell.com/all-articles/news-analysis/why-the-incoming-new-yorkers-and-californians-might-not-ruin-your-state/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Why the Incoming New Yorkers and Californians Might Not Ruin Your State
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 08:08:26 pm »
Fortunately they don't come to Iowa.

They don't make it here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Why the Incoming New Yorkers and Californians Might Not Ruin Your State
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 08:15:32 pm »
To many conservatives, their stereotypes of NYers or CAians or ... is dogma. I've seen enough CRAP from TX conservatives who should be smarter that if I ever move out of CA, TX will not be a state I will consider. Too many TXans will take one look at my cars' license plates and ASSume without speaking to us that I and my wife are Berserkeley-style crazies.

Yeah, I'm doing the ASSuming I'm complaining about. For my wife and I, it's avoiding the risk of experiencing others' stupidity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.