Author Topic: Cardin: If You Paid Your Taxes, ‘You Should Want’ to Have 87,000 More IRS Agents  (Read 3021 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If we were to replace the Income Tax with a National Sales Tax, we would still have the IRS. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

If we were to replace the Income Tax with a National Sales Tax, we would still have the IRS. :shrug:

No, much worse.  We would have a massive Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, and Everything Else Sold Under the Sun.  I don't need some ATF+ agent coming by my house questioning me on whether I can prove I paid taxes on the wood stacked up in my back yard.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:55:00 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

I'm sure the Global Climate Change Moonbats want to levy a toilet flush tax ... for the environment, and the children.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, much worse.  We would have a massive Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, and Everything Else Sold Under the Sun.  I don't need some ATF+ agent coming by my house questioning me on whether I can prove I paid taxes on the wood stacked up in my back yard.

And all businesses, large and small, will be under permanent Audit, like Donald Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

BZZZZ!  Wrong!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

BS! 100% USDA Choice!  We would have exactly what Texas and 45 other states have today and nothing more!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
BZZZZ!  Wrong!

I wish I could agree with that.  We've disagreed agreeably on this subject for years, and that's OK.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

BS! 100% USDA Choice!  We would have exactly what Texas and 45 other states have today and nothing more!

Texas currently has federal IRS agents cracking down on income earners.  With a national sales tax, Texas will have federal 'revenuers' cracking down on consumers.

I am not afraid of Texas tax agents.  I am afraid of Federal tax agents.  And Texans are already dealing with those.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Polly Ticks

I propose that when a Republican takes office after the 2024 election, he immediately assign those 87,000 new IRS agents to the southern border in order to cut down on the large number of illegals coming across to live on benefits provided by the tax dollars paid by honest Americans.
 :smokin:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

. . . to cut down on the large number of illegals coming across to live on benefits provided by the tax dollars paid by honest Americans.

And there it is.  Stop handing out free shit to illegals, and you will stop seeing 5,000 illegals a day crossing the border.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

BZZZZ!  Wrong!

Then who is going to raise $6 trillion?  That's something like $18k per head.  As long as the vast majority of Americans want cradle-to-grave welfare and world police, the collection agents are likely to be a menace.  Republicans pay zero respect to candidates who wish to cut spending.  Just look at how Trump dealt with Thomas Massie ... fool retweeted John Kerry, who said "Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an bleep. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity..."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I wish I could agree with that.  We've disagreed agreeably on this subject for years, and that's OK.

https://youtu.be/HTOOw7u_lsI

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Texas currently has federal IRS agents cracking down on income earners.  With a national sales tax, Texas will have federal 'revenuers' cracking down on consumers.

I am not afraid of Texas tax agents.  I am afraid of Federal tax agents.  And Texans are already dealing with those.

The IRS is disbanded BY STATUTE in the legislation I support!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The income tax comes to us directly from the Communist manifesto!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Then who is going to raise $6 trillion?  That's something like $18k per head.  As long as the vast majority of Americans want cradle-to-grave welfare and world police, the collection agents are likely to be a menace.  Republicans pay zero respect to candidates who wish to cut spending.  Just look at how Trump dealt with Thomas Massie ... fool retweeted John Kerry, who said "Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an bleep. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity..."

The states!  With the very same collection mechanisms they currently use to collect their state sales taxes!  Two or three additional lines of code in the software! nothing more.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

The ATF is not.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Somebody has to administer the "Prebates."  So it will have to be a brand-new bureaucracy created by the same people who brought us the IRS.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Somebody has to administer the "Prebates."  So it will have to be a brand-new bureaucracy created by the same people who brought us the IRS.

Nope! That is handled by the Social Security administration.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Cardin: If You Paid Your Taxes, ‘You Should Want’ to Have 87,000 More IRS Agents

Pam Key 7 Aug 2022

Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD) said on this week’s “Fox News Sunday” broadcast that people who pay their taxes should not worry about the Democrats’ bill that ramps up enforcement at the IRS.

Partial transcript as follows:

HOST MIKE EMANUEL: The bill also includes $80 billion to ramp up enforcement at the IRS. Here is Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL (R-KY): American families don’t want tens of thousands more IRS agents. What they like are more border patrol and ICE agents.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

EMANUEL: I know you’re working hard at improving this very unpopular agency, but, Senator, rich people have accountants and high-powered attorneys.

Do you worry that ramped up enforcement will only end up hurting middle and working-class Americans?

CARDIN: You’re right. I have worked with Republicans and Democrats to try to modernize the IRS.

Most Americans pay their taxes. Most Americans have their taxes taken out from their payroll and there’s never a question of their paying their fair share of taxes.

But for those that have complicated incomes, those who have high incomes, they’re the ones that are escaping. It’s been estimated that we have a $1 trillion leakage in tax collections every year. I think most Americans want a level playing field. They want to pay their taxes but they want everyone else paying their taxes. So I think this is a fair situation. The IRS desperately needs help and this bill gives them the help they need.

EMANUEL: Let me follow up there. Can you understand how 87,000 new IRS agents would scare the heck out of millions of Americans?

CARDIN: Well, millions of Americans aren’t going to be impacted by that other than getting better service from the IRS, having their telephone answered, getting the questions they need in order to comply with our tax laws. The auditing is going to be focused on those with high income, the large corporations, etc. So, there’s no reason to be fearful. And if you paid your taxes and if you comply with our laws, you should want to make sure everyone else does that.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/07/cardin-if-you-paid-your-taxes-you-should-want-to-have-87000-more-irs-agents/

No, that doesn't follow.  That simply drives up my costs, which ultimately leads to an increase in my taxes.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Will adding all those storm troopers result in even one of the deadbeat big name democrats whether unelected like some phony reverends, celebrities or elected like congresscriter or senator being penalized or incarcerated....let alone forced to pony up all their back taxes? I think we all know the answer, they will be used to go after the little guy and be just as weaponized to attack conservatives as they have been since the days of those POS's the Clintons. Which by the way how about a deep dive into one of the most corrupt charities ever, the Clinton Foundation.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

And there it is.  Stop handing out free shit to illegals, and you will stop seeing 5,000 illegals a day crossing the border.

:bingo:  Also, the billions that we have sent to Ukraine should have been used to build an incredible, fantastic border wall.

Here we sit!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Thanks for the post -- I feel so much better. /s  (Not finding fault, just a bit of sarcasm)
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.