Author Topic: Democrats want Biden to go scorched-earth on GOP  (Read 1053 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats want Biden to go scorched-earth on GOP
« on: July 20, 2022, 01:04:36 pm »
 Democrats want Biden to go scorched-earth on GOP
by Amie Parnes and Hanna Trudo - 07/20/22 6:00 AM ET

When Michelle Obama declared “When they go low, we go high” about Republicans in 2016, Democrats generally agreed with the sentiment.

After all, the party was up against Donald Trump, a man who seemed to find joy in making personal attacks part of his daily routine.

But nearly six years later, the party that pledged to play nice is fed up.

Democrats are tired of being stomped on by the opposition. They hate the public perception of President Biden as a president in peril. And the conservative Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade is pushing them past their limits.

Going low suddenly seems more appealing, some Democrats now say.

“This is a time to say ‘We’ve had enough. [Republicans] are taking away every freedom we’ve had and we’re full of rage,’ ” said one Democratic strategist. “This isn’t the time to say we’re the honorable party, because that clearly isn’t working.”

Democrats generally have sought to improve Biden’s public image by punctuating bad news with an optimistic tone. But with roughly three months until the midterm elections, they now are encouraging a more forceful approach from Biden on down.

“Democrats should be savaging Republicans for destroying people’s lives,” said Bill Neidhardt, a progressive operative who worked on messaging strategy for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

In an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Monday, Lis Smith, a Democratic strategist who served as a communications adviser to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg during his presidential campaign, said Democrats have to present the midterms as a choice between their party “trying to bring relief to the American people” and a GOP “trying to take away freedoms, like a woman’s right to choose.”

She pointed to key states like Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin, where the race for the Senate could be decided. Casting the GOP as a party of election deniers and those in favor of a complete ban on abortion with no exception can help Democrats in the midterms.

“That is what Democrats need to be screaming from the rooftops about every single day of the week,” she said.

A few Democrats point fingers internally, saying there are already some who are not going high. The problem is that those Democrats are going after one another, these voices say.

“There are moderates like Josh Gottheimer who are quicker to attack progressive Democrats than Republicans. That’s just straight-up stupid,” Neidhardt said, referencing the prominent New Jersey centrist who pushed to separate parts of Biden’s agenda during negotiations on infrastructure and social spending legislation.

Moderates, however, can see some payoff to bucking the left wing of their party, at least on messaging. And some may also not want to go on a full-frontal attack on the GOP.

Democrats in front-line districts have to carefully weigh their rhetoric as they seek to win over liberal and independent voters. What works in Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s (D-N.Y.) district may not work as well in battleground areas in Michigan or Arizona.

Perhaps the best example of a Democrat running against his own party comes at the Senate level, where Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) last week effectively killed Biden’s legislative agenda on taxes on the wealthy and climate change by saying he couldn’t support the moves due to inflation.

Manchin’s move provoked howls among his colleagues but may go over well in red-state West Virginia.

In recent weeks, Biden has turned up the rhetoric against the GOP, describing parts of the party as “MAGA Republicans” to tie them to Trump.

But Biden is generally careful in his wording, saying not all congressional Republicans are part of the MAGA faction, and some prominent progressives want to hear something more forceful.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3566593-democrats-want-biden-to-go-scorched-earth-on-gop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Democrats want Biden to go scorched-earth on GOP
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 01:06:54 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 01:09:37 pm »
Sounds like treason, sedition, insurrection and fomenting a coup.

Guess alot of Dems want in front of a firing squad or at the end of a rope.

Oh I'm sorry Dems, you want to play hardball? Let's play hardball!
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 02:43:11 pm »
"This isn’t the time to say we’re the honorable party, because that clearly isn’t working."

Well. more to the point that would be an egregious lie. The Democrat Party hasn't approached honorable since maybe Harry Truman. Even then it had a lot of commies and fellow travelers in its ranks.
Time for the Dem Party people to stop lying about itself. (I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.)
They had problems fifty years ago with the beginning of far leftists taking over with the nomination of George McGovern who was a much better person than Joe Biden or latest Dem corruptocrats.
Now their leftism is in the open and out of control.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 02:49:12 pm »
The Dems know a patsy in Biden.

He can be blamed and ultimately disgraced and dumped but until then they are enacting their destructive leftist utopia.  When it comes crashing down, Dems will point the finger at Biden and declare "it is his fault".
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 03:16:59 pm »
"This isn’t the time to say we’re the honorable party, because that clearly isn’t working."

Well. more to the point that would be an egregious lie. The Democrat Party hasn't approached honorable since maybe Harry Truman. Even then it had a lot of commies and fellow travelers in its ranks.
Time for the Dem Party people to stop lying about itself. (I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.)
They had problems fifty years ago with the beginning of far leftists taking over with the nomination of George McGovern who was a much better person than Joe Biden or latest Dem corruptocrats.
Now their leftism is in the open and out of control.

Both sides are corrupt.  The solution to vote them out of office is long past. They only remedy is to start voting in conservative state legislatures, governors, mayors, city councilmen, etc., and I believe that even at that, it's too late.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 04:12:03 pm »
Both sides are corrupt.  The solution to vote them out of office is long past. They only remedy is to start voting in conservative state legislatures, governors, mayors, city councilmen, etc., and I believe that even at that, it's too late.

Yep. I really see this push by the Millennials/Gen Z to take back their school boards as a completely new avenue to advance conservatism.

The corruption of our education system has been the downfall of our country. Renewal starts there, works up the chain.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2022, 04:19:09 pm »
I guess illegally imprisoning Trump supporters isn't scorched-earth enough.

For the first time in my life, the US has Political Prisoners.  I wasn't born when FDR threw all those Japanese into interment camps.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 04:58:13 pm »
Biden is now fully 20 points underwater, and that is about where Trump was in December of 2017, before recovering to -10 at the disastrous midterms, and -7 when he lost reelection. 

The dems will go scorched earth on Biden if things do not change soon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 05:03:11 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 05:03:41 pm »
I guess illegally imprisoning Trump supporters isn't scorched-earth enough.

For the first time in my life, the US has Political Prisoners.  I wasn't born when FDR threw all those Japanese into interment camps.

It was a warning shot for the rest of us who may contemplate in the future of rising up for our rights and our country.

Internment camps?  The DEMS and leftists are fully capable.  Rumors of FEMA camps placed in various different part of this country my not be rumors.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 05:41:50 pm »

Rumors of FEMA camps placed in various different part of this country my not be rumors.
Australia actually did this. They put their own citizens in modern 'concentration camps' for any challenge or perceived challenge to government power.

Not wearing a stupid useless mask ... to the camps
Out after curfew ... to the camps
Posting any questions or articles which dispute government power <-(so called 'disinformation') ... to the camps

You are not wrong. America is closer to totalitarian fascist dictatorship than most people realize.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2022, 07:58:23 pm »
Australia actually did this. They put their own citizens in modern 'concentration camps' for any challenge or perceived challenge to government power.

Posting any questions or articles which dispute government power <-(so called 'disinformation') ... to the camps

You are not wrong. America is closer to totalitarian fascist dictatorship than most people realize.
This will start an armed revolution if it happens in the US.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 08:11:37 pm »

We've been headed in that direction since W's 2nd term in office, continued on by O'Bammy and halted for awhile under Trump.  That is why the gobalists, leftists, marxists will never allow Trump to be seated in the oval office again. 

Why your average liberal Dem can't see the writing on the wall is beyond me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2022, 09:02:59 pm »
We've been headed in that direction since W's 2nd term in office, continued on by O'Bammy and halted for awhile under Trump.  That is why the gobalists, leftists, marxists will never allow Trump to be seated in the oval office again. 

Why your average liberal Dem can't see the writing on the wall is beyond me.

We've been heading in that direction since I was a pup.  A respite during Reagan, and that's it.  Even Trump's hands aren't totally clean.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2022, 11:23:22 pm »

Australian authorities deny this  They're saying Australians who have been out of the country and come back  are being placed in quarantine camps for two weeks, tested regularly for the virus,  and then let go.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 11:29:23 pm »
We've been heading in that direction since I was a pup.  A respite during Reagan, and that's it.  Even Trump's hands aren't totally clean.

I really didn't pay attention to politics all that much until W. With Reagan, I felt safe and secure; maybe I was just young and naive. Since then .... not so much, and there are several issues that I am not in agreement with Reagan on.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 11:45:33 pm »
quarantine camps

Remember always, "arbeit macht frei"

Nazis claimed their concentration camps were 'work camps', where the people would be fed, clean, and provided clothes and shelter.

Nazis claimed their camps were a 'safe place' to wait until the end of the war. Many Jewish-Germans believed them. Many Jews would bath and groom, wear their best clothes going to the camps. Because they wanted to 'make a good impression'. They believed that Hitler was acting in their best interests and would take care of them.

Most German-Jews were fiercly patriotic and fought for Germany in WWI. These are multi-generational German Jews who never imagined in their wildest dreams that Germany would turn against them. They refused to believe it even when it was happening before their very eyes and even in their very face.

These are lessons everybody in the West should learn.

A new king arose over Egypt, who did not know Joseph.
-Exodus 1:8

Look it up. He did know Joseph who had brought proserity to Egypt. He just didn't care and actually hated Joseph's success. The same as Liberals hate Americans today. And Liberals hate America's success. Same thing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:10:07 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2022, 12:05:46 am »
quarantine camps

Remember always, "arbeit macht frei"

Nazis claimed their concentration camps were 'work camps', where the people would be fed, clean, and provided clothes and shelter.

Nazis claimed their camps were a 'safe place' to wait until the end of the war. Many Jewish-Germans believed them. Many Jews would bath and groom, wear their best clothes going to the camps. Because they wanted to 'make a good impression'. They believed that Hitler was acting in their best interests and would take care of them.

Most German-Jews were fiercly patriotic and fought for Germany in WWI. These are multi-generational German Jews who never imagined in their wildest dreams that Germany would turn against them. They refused to believe it even when it was happen before their very eyes and even in their very face.

These are lessons everybody in the West should learn.

A new king arose over Egypt, who did not know about Joseph.
-Exodus 1:8

Look it up. He did know Joseph who had brought proserity to Egypt. He just didn't care and actually hated Joseph's success. The same as Liberals hate Americans today. And Liberals hate America's success. Same thing.
Fine, if you've got proof that the Aussie gov. is keeping average citizens in concentration camps for not wearing masks, please provide proof.
BTW, Johnson is senator in my state, and I just voted for him again. But he does tend to make the occasional comment not supported by the facts.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2022, 12:42:08 am »
Fine, if you've got proof that the Aussie gov. is keeping average citizens in concentration camps for not wearing masks, please provide proof.
BTW, Johnson is senator in my state, and I just voted for him again. But he does tend to make the occasional comment not supported by the facts.
Ok...I guess?
You are right and I am wrong. You win!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2022, 03:33:55 am »
The Biden-China co-vid epidemic looks to be around for a long time, to generate crisis for a long time to come.  i'm now recovering from getting a second bout of co-vid, and much of the rest of the family this last weekend.  Joe and Xi can be so generous with their combined giving.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions