Author Topic: Buttigieg: ‘Astonished’ that Americans Can’t ‘Let Go of the Status Quo’ in Green Energy Transition  (Read 892 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg: ‘Astonished’ that Americans Can’t ‘Let Go of the Status Quo’ in Green Energy Transition

Trent Baker 20 Jul 2022

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Wednesday said he was “still astonished” that some people “seem to really struggle to let go of the status quo” when it comes to the push for greener energy.

Buttigieg, who the day before touted that high gas prices were forcing Americans towards electric vehicles, acknowledged in a CNBC “Squawk Box” interview that there were “challenges” to transitioning to cleaner energy but emphasized it was important to make the transition.

“I’m still astonished that some folks and I felt this as I was testifying in Congress yesterday. Some folks seem to really struggle to let go of the status quo,” Buttigieg outlined. “If someone wants to raise the reasons why it’s hard, those are absolutely challenges we should be taking on and working through, but if it’s done as an excuse to do nothing, all we’re doing is signing up for more of these vexing questions that pit our interests, our alliances and our values against each other year after year after year.

“I don’t want that to be dominating our public discussions in the middle of this century the way it is at the beginning of the century,” he concluded.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/20/buttigieg-astonished-that-americans-cant-let-go-of-the-status-quo-in-green-energy-transition/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, you can't fathom why people refuse to let go of a working situation in order to buy a bill of goods for a new situation that, if implemented at even a 40% to 50% level would cause total economic collapse?

Just exactly how out-of-touch with reality do you have to be before you're formally declared insane?

Offline Killer Clouds

How about Buttedgeedge start by doing it himself. No more riding 8n gas or diesel powered vehicles like cars, trucks, busses, vans, RVs, boats and ships, and of course no traveling by plane of any kind. No natural gas appliances in the home like stoves, ovens or heaters and nothing made with any petroleum products including any made with petroleum products in the manufacturing process. That would eliminate Buttedgeedge's Vaseline.

Online LMAO

Yeah I can’t understand why people would want to part with an abundant, reliable energy source that has advanced the standard of living for people around the world and replace it with something that’s unreliable and needs lots of subsidies to remain somewhat viable
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
When the gang of perp's commandeering GND destruction of the world  economy is rounded up, I am hoping Buttplug is in the first wave for tribunal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Yeah I can’t understand why people would want to part with an abundant, reliable energy source that has advanced the standard of living for people around the world and replace it with something that’s unreliable and needs lots of subsidies to remain somewhat viable

And which, at any rate, will continue to ultimately run on the same energy source - coal and gas-fired electric power plants - that already fuels ICE vehicles.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Nice little Let Them Eat Cake Moment there Buttgigger.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

Nice little Let Them Eat Cake Moment there Buttgigger.

That's right.

Online libertybele

I'm not a fan of Rick Scott but he is right on this issue (a little wordy but I catch his drift).  He's hoping to be Speaker of the House and I look for him to run in '24, even if Trump decides to run.

Rick Scott blasts Pete Buttigieg's 'out of touch' push for electric vehicles: Americans 'can't afford it'

SEN. RICK SCOTT: The median income in this country – half of people make more, half of people make less – is $33,000. How can all those people go out and buy electric cars? Now, up here, if you're a U.S. senator and I bet it's probably true for Buttigieg, the federal government pays for your electricity. So not only can you not afford the car, but up here they'll pay for it. And then up here, you'll get your electricity paid for. These people up here are completely out of touch with what normal people are going through. They're struggling over gas prices. Can you put gas in the car, put food on the table? And buying an electric vehicle is not in the house of cards. They can't afford it................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rick-scott-blasts-pete-buttigieg-touch-push-electric-vehicles-americans-afford
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 11:11:25 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO:
"Yeah I can’t understand why people would want to part with an abundant, reliable energy source that has advanced the standard of living for people around the world and replace it with something that’s unreliable and needs lots of subsidies to remain somewhat viable"

Fossil fuels have been the fount of more than just a modern economy.
They have created, and continue to create ... freedom.
Not just "freedom of movement" (as in your car), but all kinds of freedom.

And that's why the left is so determined to take it away.

Online libertybele

LMAO:
"Yeah I can’t understand why people would want to part with an abundant, reliable energy source that has advanced the standard of living for people around the world and replace it with something that’s unreliable and needs lots of subsidies to remain somewhat viable"

Fossil fuels have been the fount of more than just a modern economy.
They have created, and continue to create ... freedom.
Not just "freedom of movement" (as in your car), but all kinds of freedom.

And that's why the left is so determined to take it away.

:beer: @Fishrrman you are absolutely correct.  Freedom; if it is what we want, it is ours for the taking!  --- Dr. Ron Paul
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, you can't fathom why people refuse to let go of a working situation in order to buy a bill of goods for a new situation that, if implemented at even a 40% to 50% level would cause total economic collapse?

Just exactly how out-of-touch with reality do you have to be before you're formally declared insane?
Isn't this the guy who got 'twins' with his husband or whatever and fed them out of fake tits while the rest of the country was having trouble finding formula?

Now, tell me why you expected anything sane to come of that.

I have time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
So many years of warning destruction and calamity were coming, and constantly denied and lied thereof.  We are nearing the point of dying the only thing left to do.  The last of you empowered Lewinskys, remember your opportunities to service Joe, may be nearing an end too!  Your time for due recompense comes ever nearer!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions