Author Topic: Highland Park Fourth of July parade disrupted by gunfire, multiple people feared shot  (Read 15771 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
EXCLUSIVE: Highland Park shooter and younger brother were 'always the last ones to be picked up from school' because their dad was working and 'flighty' mom forgot, coach reveals

Bobby Crimo, 22, and his younger brother Sam were enrolled in the afterschool sports program at Lincoln Elementary School
    They were often the last kids to be picked up because their parents 'forgot'
    Coach Jeremy Cahnmann says the boys were quiet, 'more reserved' than others in the class and seemed to get along
    He said their mother Denise seemed 'flighty' and often didn't show up for them
    Their deli-owner dad Bob Crimo Sr. was just as unreliable, he said
    Bobby went on to study in high school but it's unclear if he graduated or what he did after that
    He had been filming amateur rap videos in the years before the shooting 

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 16:50 EDT, 5 July 2022 | Updated: 17:32 EDT, 5 July 2022

Highland Park shooter Bobby Crimo and his younger brother were often left behind at their afterschool program because their 'flighty' mom forgot to pick them up or their dad was at work, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Crimo, 21, attended Lincoln Elementary School with his younger brother Sam. Between 2008 and 2014, they attended the LEAP afterschool program.

Jeremy Cahnmann, 47, was a sports coach in the program. He told DailyMail.com how out of hundreds of kids he taught over the years, the Crimo brothers stood out because their parents often left them behind.

Highland Park shooter Bobby Crimo, right, with his mom Denise (main in red), half-sister Lynette (second left) and younger brother Sam in a 2017 photo

@mystery-ak

I hate it when the media posts photos of brothers,sisters,and children after an incident like this. These girls and that boy are probably suffering as much horror right now as the families of the people their brother murdered,and here is the media letting everyone know what they look like,just like they were co-conspirators.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

@mystery-ak

I hate it when the media posts photos of brothers,sisters,and children after an incident like this. These girls and that boy are probably suffering as much horror right now as the families of the people their brother murdered,and here is the media letting everyone know what they look like,just like they were co-conspirators.

Exactly.  People are suffering on both sides; a tragedy all way around.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Notice the narrative about this shooting has shifted slightly?

No one is saying he used an AR or high capacity magazines.  Just a "high powered rifle".

I never really considered an AR-15 a "high powered rifle."  I would call .308, 30-30 or the beloved 30-06 high powered.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Highland Park Shooting Suspect Possessed FOID Card, Allowing Him to Legally Buy Guns in Illinois

AWR Hawkins 5 Jul 2022

The shooting suspect in the Highland Park July 4th parade attack possessed an Illinois Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, enabling him to legally purchase guns in the state.

CBS News reports that the suspect has had a FOID card since 2020.

PBS noted that County Major Crimes Task Force’s Christopher Covelli said the shooting suspect legally purchased five guns over the course of a year. Covelli could not remember the specific dates but believed the purchases occurred in 2020 and 2021.

Covelli explained that the suspect bought “at least two rifles, some pistols, and possibly a shotgun.”

He indicated the firearm the suspect used was “similar to an AR-15,” but he did not provide the specific caliber of the rifle or any other specifics regarding the make.

Illinois State Police Master Sergeant Delilah Garcia was also at the press conference at which Covelli spoke, and she was asked how the suspect was able to get a FOID card despite police being contacted about the suspect in September 2019. The Guardian reports that police were contacted because the suspect allegedly threatened “to kill everyone” in his family’s home.

Garcia noted that Illinois State Police did a data search on the suspect, and he did not have a pending FOID card application at that time so there was no action taken.

She said, “The individual named in the report did not have a FOID card or anything to revoke or to review.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/05/highland-park-shooting-suspect-possessed-foid-card-allowing-legally-buy-guns-illinois/
So in other words, if I'm understanding what he said here, only if one already has an application pending or an issued FOID can action be taken.  One can't be denied an application or approval based on a prior incident?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I never really considered an AR-15 a "high powered rifle."  I would call .308, 30-30 or the beloved 30-06 high powered.

Most people that know firearms think the way you do.  But this is the media we're talking about.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Parents of Highland Park July 4 shooting suspect release statement: 'this is a terrible tragedy'

The parents of Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III, the suspect in the mass shooting that killed seven people and wounded dozens of others at a Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois have released a statement through their attorney.

"We are all mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, and this is a terrible tragedy for many families, the victims, the paradegoers, the community, and our own. Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers go out to everybody."
Posted by Bradford Betz
That's fine, but they are culpable as they were all in the best possible position for not monitoring and reporting the mental case in their household.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Red flag laws only work if they are properly applied.  This guy had so many red flags going, it's astounding that the bulls in Madrid weren't heading in his direction.

Why did the red flag laws fail in his case?
And why is this require national laws to confront what is obviously a local and state issue?

They are the ones that have the laws on the books that did nothing to stop the killing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

And why is this require national laws to confront what is obviously a local and state issue?

They are the ones that have the laws on the books that did nothing to stop the killing.

Why shoe-horn that in here?  Illinois already has a red flag law.

@berdie

I see in some photos,he has tats on his face,neck,and hands,and in other photos he doesn't. I think he must have been playing "dress-up" with decals or drawings at times.
He also dressed up as a woman during the shooting so Ketanji Brown Jackson would not recognize him.

Why shoe-horn that in here?  Illinois already has a red flag law.
Go back and read posting.  The guy called for NATIONAL laws to combat

Offline Kamaji

Go back and read posting.  The guy called for NATIONAL laws to combat

A national law would, actually, be of benefit because it would allow for more uniform reporting across state boundaries.  It's the same reason why commercial driver's licenses are now subject to national regulation rather than just per-state regulation (except for so-called purely intrastate licenses).  Without a nationwide reporting structure, someone who engages in flagrantly red-flag behavior in State A may still be able to purchase firearms in State B, even if State A and State B both have robust red-flag laws, if State A's reports don't make it into State B's reporting system.

The fundamental flaw in many of these reporting systems appears to be that juvenile reports are either not put into the system, or else are wiped out of the system once the individual reaches majority.  That needs to change.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 12:49:46 pm by Kamaji »

A national law would, actually, be of benefit because it would allow for more uniform reporting across state boundaries.  It's the same reason why commercial driver's licenses are now subject to national regulation rather than just per-state regulation (except for so-called purely intrastate licenses).  Without a nationwide reporting structure, someone who engages in flagrantly red-flag behavior in State A may still be able to purchase firearms in State B, even if State A and State B both have robust red-flag laws, if State A's reports don't make it into State B's reporting system.
You are speaking of information sharing while the guy in the post clearly wants a NATIONAL ban on assault weapons even though it is clearly a local and state issue.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 12:55:42 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Kamaji

You are speaking of information sharing while the guy in the post clearly wants a NATIONAL ban on assault weapons even though it is clearly a local and state issue.

A national ban on assault rifles is not what I mentioned, was not the subject of the post you responded to, and is not germane to the subject I was discussing in particular.  If you want to go off on a tangent, fine, but let's stop arguing at cross-purposes then.

And a ban on so-called assault rifles isn't going to fly anyways, so it's a moot point.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So it's looking like the IL State Police actually did issue Crimo an FOID card...two years after they removed knives and a sword from his house after threatening to kill everyone and commit suicide.

And yet it took my ex son-in-law who is a Security Forces airman stationed at Scott AFB over a year to obtain an "expedited" FOID card.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

If you don't risk breaking your nose when firing, then it's not a high powered rifle.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Father of July Fourth shooter helped son buy firearm just two months after cops took away his collection of knives when he threatened to 'kill everyone': Parents release statement saying 'this is a terrible tragedy for many families... and our own'

By PAUL FARRELL FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
6 July 2022

The parents of Highland Park shooter Robert 'Bobby' Crimo III, 21, have finally spoken out - and branded their sons actions a 'tragedy' - after it emerged the shooter's dad helped him buy a gun months after cops confiscated his knife collection.

Bob Crimo  and his wife, Denise, said in a brief statement: 'We are all mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, and this is a terrible tragedy for many families, the victims, the paradegoers, the community, and our own. Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers go out to everybody.'

But it emerged on Tuesday that Bob Crimo had sponsored his killer son's application for a gun permit in 2020, even after the murderer had threatened to kill himself and his family.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10986349/This-terrible-tragedy-families-Parents-Bobby-Crimo-speak-out.html

A national ban on assault rifles is not what I mentioned, was not the subject of the post you responded to, and is not germane to the subject I was discussing in particular.  If you want to go off on a tangent, fine, but let's stop arguing at cross-purposes then.

And a ban on so-called assault rifles isn't going to fly anyways, so it's a moot point.
You really need to read what you posted.

After announcing that the Highland Park shooter will be charged with 7 counts of murder, the State Attorney Eric Rinehart praises red flag laws and calls for a nationwide assault weapons ban both of which are currently on the books in Illinois and Highland Park and failed.
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,474322.msg2669558.html#msg2669558

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Vice President Kamala Harris just spoke at the scene of the Highland Park mass shooting.

“We have to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to take this seriously,” she said."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JakeSheridan_/status/1544479335008051200

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 6, 2022 12:39am EDT
Police flagged Highland Park shooter ‘clear and present danger’ in 2019; he later cleared 4 background checks
Crimo successfully cleared four firearm purchase background checks between 2020 and 2021
By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

The suspect in the Highland Park, Illinois, Fourth of July mass shooting was flagged by police as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, authorities said Tuesday.

Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III, 21, the suspect in the mass shooting that killed seven people and wounded dozens of others at a Fourth of July parade, was still able to clear state-required background checks to purchase firearms on at least four separate occasions between 2020 and 2021, the Illinois State Police said.

"In September 2019, ISP received a Clear and Present Danger report on the subject from the Highland Park Police Department. The report was related to threats the subject made against his family," Illinois State Police said in a statement posted to Twitter by a staff member for Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker.

The report said that when Highland Park officers went to the family's home and asked Crimo if he felt like harming himself of others, he said no. Police said Crimo's father claimed knives in the home belonged to him and they were being kept in Crimo's closet for safekeeping. Based on that information, Highland Park Police returned the knives to the father that day.

The statement said police did not make any arrests at the time and that members of the family were "not willing to move forward on a complaint."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-park-shooter-flagged-clear-present-danger-2019
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parents of July 4th shooter dispute police reports he was suicidal or threatened to kill, see no issue with dad helping him buy gun, says attorney
July 6, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

The parents of the suspected killer in the Highland Park Fourth of July parade shooting have broken their silence on their son’s alleged crime and in their first message they’ve announced that they, too, are victims of this tragedy.

Twenty-one-year-old suspect Robert Crimo III’s unusual behavior raised many questions as to how he was able to obtain a firearm to allegedly kill seven and wound dozens more outside Chicago Monday. As previously reported, the suspect had a “clear and present danger” report filed with the Illinois State Police who say that the suspect’s father, Bob Crimo, had endorsed the purchase of a firearm when his son was 19 only a few short months after law enforcement had responded to a call that the young man had made threats against his own family.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/06/parents-of-july-4th-shooter-dispute-police-reports-he-was-suicidal-or-threatened-to-kill-see-no-issue-with-dad-helping-him-buy-gun-says-attorney-1258186/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The father was running for office. He knew the kid was messed up and dangerous and had weapons but did not want to 'make a scene' which could have hurt his political ambitions. The father could not have known what the face tattoo was going to do, but he must have known the kid was dangerous and in need of serious help.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: July Fourth gunman Robert Crimo videoed himself building his tiny home in the backyard of his parents' house and painting armed soldier on their wall

In a series of videos posted online, Highland Park shooter Robert Crimo posted a video showing him building his home beside his parent's home
    While in another, Crimo is shown painting a man with a rifle with a smiley face emoji over his face on a wall in his parents backyard
    In another bizarre video Crimo repeats  the word: 'Freedom' and asks : 'Have you been held a prisoner of your own device?'
    Crimo could face life in prison after being charged with seven counts of first degree murder, authorities say that he could face at least a dozen more charges

By Josh Boswell and Paul Farrell For Dailymail.Com

Published: 01:46 EDT, 6 July 2022 | Updated: 10:15 EDT, 6 July 2022

The gunman who killed seven people in a shooting at a fourth of July celebration in Highland Park, Illinois, posted videos online of him building his own home and painting a soldier on the wall of his parents' backyard.

Robert 'Bobby' Crimo III, 21, is facing seven counts of first degree murder in Lake County, Illinois, for his alleged role in the shooting. Authorities say that Crimo fired on a crowd enjoying an Independence Day parade in the town.

Crimo also went by the moniker Awake the Rapper.

In a blog archive obtained by DailyMail.com, many of Crimo's bizarre videos have come to light.

The suspect archived a livestream of him building the small shed where he lived at the time of the shooting. The shed is located beside his parents home along Pleasant Avenue in Highwood, Illinois, just north of where the shooting took place.

much much more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10986199/July-Fourth-shooter-Robert-Crimo-built-tiny-home-backyard-parents-house.html
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Father of July Fourth shooter helped son buy firearm just two months after cops took away his collection of knives when he threatened to 'kill everyone': Parents release statement saying 'this is a terrible tragedy for many families... and our own'

6 July 2022

The parents of Highland Park shooter Robert 'Bobby' Crimo III, 21, have finally spoken out - and branded their sons actions a 'tragedy' - after it emerged the shooter's dad helped him buy a gun months after cops confiscated his knife collection.

Bob Crimo  and his wife, Denise, said in a brief statement: 'We are all mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, and this is a terrible tragedy for many families, the victims, the paradegoers, the community, and our own. Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers go out to everybody.'

But it emerged on Tuesday that Bob Crimo had sponsored his killer son's application for a gun permit in 2020, even after the murderer had threatened to kill himself and his family.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10986349/This-terrible-tragedy-families-Parents-Bobby-Crimo-speak-out.html

FEAR is a reason that his father didn't say "NO".  Saw it up close and personal.

Had a years-long relationship with a Kim Basinger doppelganger. 
She had a son who had their entire household in constant white knuckle mode.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How the Highland Park Shooter Reportedly Obtained His Guns Is Beyond Ridiculous
Matt Vespa

Posted: Jul 06, 2022 12:01 AM

The number of red flags that have been raised about Robert Crimo III is staggering. Again, this was another preventable tragedy. Crimo went to a rooftop and opened fire on a crowd in Highland Park, Illinois, who were there attending an Independence Day event. Seven people were killed, with at least another 45 wounded. Crimo was apprehended by police Monday evening, but as with other mass shooters—the number of red flags could stuff the trunk of a car.

Crimo was a prolific social media user with numerous posts featuring violent content. He was known to law enforcement. His mental health issues date back as far as middle school. Crimo also had a disturbing family incident, which Spencer will dive into later this morning.

So, how did Crimo get his weapons? They were all purchased legally, but in Illinois, you need a Firearm Owners Identification card (FOID) to own guns and ammunition. Crimo's father co-signed for his son's card in 2019, even after his past behavior. I have a feeling that this whole family is going to land in hot legal water. If they knew this kid was a problem, did nothing, and then signed a firearms card for him—they deserve to be charged as well (via Chicago Tribune):

Investigators believe Crimo disguised himself as a woman in order to hide his facial tattoos and aid in his escape from the scene, according to Covelli.

After the shooting, Crimo walked to his mother’s house and borrowed her vehicle, Covelli said. There is no indication he shared anything about his alleged involvement in the shooting with his mother.

Following a police alert for the vehicle, an “alert member of community” saw it and called 911, Covelli said.

Before being captured, Crimo drove into Wisconsin and returned to the north suburbs, Covelli said.

After he was apprehended, officers found another rifle in the vehicle, Covelli said, which also appeared to have been legally purchased by Crimo. Three other weapons that were legally purchased were found in his Highwood home.

https://twitter.com/monicaeng/status/1544467635349426176

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhy4LlJAPBE&t=9s&ab_channel=CBSChicago

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/07/06/how-the-highland-park-shooter-got-his-gun-n2609795
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

6 July 2022

There you have it.  Dad helped the son buy a friggen gun, knowing the son was suicidal and was making videos about killing.  Dad is partly to blame.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 03:55:09 pm by mrpotatohead »