Author Topic: What gives? Trump questioned by followers after ‘complete and total endorsement’ of Kevin McCarthy  (Read 2941 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What gives? Trump questioned by followers after ‘complete and total endorsement’ of Kevin McCarthy
June 6, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

Former President Donald J. Trump put an end to the suspense about whether he would support House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy when he formally endorsed the California Republican, a blessing that didn’t sit well with some who have been extremely critical of the man who stands to replace Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House if the GOP wins back control of the lower chamber in November’s midterm elections as expected.

On Sunday, Trump committed to backing McCarthy despite his incendiary recorded remarks that were highly critical of the sitting POTUS in the waning days of his historic term after the so-called “insurrection” on January 6, 2021.

In a statement that was issued through his Save America PAC, the former and perhaps future POTUS sang McCarthy’s praises, serving up his “complete and total endorsement” of the embattled congressman although he stopped short of endorsing him to be the next speaker if Democrats are dislodged from control of the House as expected.

According to Trump, “Congressman Kevin McCarthy is an outstanding representative for the people of California and a strong and fearless leader of the House Republican Conference.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/06/what-gives-trump-questioned-by-followers-after-complete-and-total-endorsement-of-kevin-mccarthy-1246712/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, the average post turtle would be an improvement over many California (especially Democrat) politicians.  :shrug:

But Trump's staffing talents indicate why "You're fired!" became so famous.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 02:05:44 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bad bad move by Trump.  If you want to really and truly clean out the swamp, you have to be consistent in that intent.

McCarthy is nothing but Turtle, light. Both have to go.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Perhaps Trump felt McCarthy can help him help the GOP take the House, but this was a very bad move on his part.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Bad bad move by Trump.  If you want to really and truly clean out the swamp, you have to be consistent in that intent.

McCarthy is nothing but Turtle, light. Both have to go.

Exactly, both are RINO's.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The endorsement is for being reelected to his Congressional seat.  It's tantamount to endorsing McCarthy for Speaker, and I am extremely opposed to that.

I doubt very much that McCarthy needed this endorsement, so it leaves me thinking, "What gives?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This pushes me yet a little more towards DeSantis.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think he needs to shake things up a little by nominating Sneakypete for Speaker of the House.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is Trump being realistic in the face of the Kemp fiasco.  He realizes he needs to be more astute in picking his fights.  He has been very successful in terms of his endorsements, but the media jumps all over it when one of his candidates loses.  He simply isn't big enough to defeat a popular incumbent, so better to make peace.

Very soon, Trump is likely to put a Cheney scalp in his war pouch.  That will raise a lot of eyebrows, and will be something the MSM cannot ignore.

For me, I see this move with McCarthy as statesmanlike and pragmatic.  A good sign that Trump is learning how to pick his fights.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is Trump being realistic in the face of the Kemp fiasco.  He realizes he needs to be more astute in picking his fights.  He has been very successful in terms of his endorsements, but the media jumps all over it when one of his candidates loses.  He simply isn't big enough to defeat a popular incumbent, so better to make peace.

Very soon, Trump is likely to put a Cheney scalp in his war pouch.  That will raise a lot of eyebrows, and will be something the MSM cannot ignore.

For me, I see this move with McCarthy as statesmanlike and pragmatic.  A good sign that Trump is learning how to pick his fights.

If McCarthy is allowed to advance to Speaker (and/or McConnell becomes Majority Leader), then this coming Election will be for naught, and possibly jeopardize 2024 enough to let another Rat get in as Preezy of the United Steezy.  The GOP will be correctly observed as being as bad as the Rats.

The drive to repair our elections will be dead forever, or at least until a shooting war begins.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
If McCarthy is allowed to advance to Speaker (and/or McConnell becomes Majority Leader), then this coming Election will be for naught, and possibly jeopardize 2024 enough to let another Rat get in as Preezy of the United Steezy.  The GOP will be correctly observed as being as bad as the Rats.

The drive to repair our elections will be dead forever, or at least until a shooting war begins.

I don't see what Trump gains by taking on a very popular congressional leader who has overwhelmingly won the support of his caucus.  Yes, Trump is a disruptor and a force for change.  But, hopefully, the orange man is not so stupid as to throw out the money-changers from the temple.  They crucify people who do that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't see what Trump gains by taking on a very popular congressional leader who has overwhelmingly won the support of his caucus.  Yes, Trump is a disruptor and a force for change.  But, hopefully, the orange man is not so stupid as to throw out the money-changers from the temple.  They crucify people who do that.

He could have avoided "taking on" McCarthy by simply saying nothing.  Instead, he just did his best to make sure we're saddled with a RINO Speaker, and to me there's nothing brilliant about this endorsement.

We'll disagree agreeably, as we always do, @massadvj.   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The one Trump really needs to target is McConnell, and he's not.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The one Trump really needs to target is McConnell, and he's not.

If either of the two Micks retains leadership, we'll never get anything.  Trump has endorsed them both.  Makes me wonder if he's serious, something I don't wonder about if DeSantis were to win it in 2024.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

I think I agree,but am unsure if a President actually has the authority to say "yea,or nay" to a speaker appointment. Doesn't this have to be the result of a vote on the House Floor?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He could have avoided "taking on" McCarthy by simply saying nothing.  Instead, he just did his best to make sure we're saddled with a RINO Speaker, and to me there's nothing brilliant about this endorsement.

We'll disagree agreeably, as we always do, @massadvj.   :beer:

@Cyber Liberty

Maybe not brilliant,but the reality is if there is nothing he can actually do to prevent it from happening,he would be a damn fool to start a fight he knows he can't win.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I think I agree,but am unsure if a President actually has the authority to say "yea,or nay" to a speaker appointment. Doesn't this have to be the result of a vote on the House Floor?

The President has no direct say on whom the Speaker is, that's Congress, but this endorsement is properly seen as an endorsement for Speaker.  He's campaigning to the House of Representatives, to push Congress in the direction he wants...and if he succeeds it will be terrible for the USA, and the GOP as well.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The President has no direct say on whom the Speaker is, that's Congress, but this endorsement is properly seen as an endorsement for Speaker.  He's campaigning to the House of Representatives, to push Congress in the direction he wants...and if he succeeds it will be terrible for the USA, and the GOP as well.

@Cyber Liberty

This MIGHT be a feint to get the RINO's to support him instead of backstab him,and he can always change his mind and throw his public support behind someone else.

He is a successful businessman,and businessmen don't remain successful unless they are able to adapt to changing times.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think he needs to shake things up a little by nominating Sneakypete for Speaker of the House.
I go for that in a heartbeat, but I might just be a teeny tiny tad concerned what might happen if any of the pubbies ever got out line. Then again maybe what we need up there is some tough love instead of go along to get along.

Offline Longiron

That is what exactly what is going to happen. Gayboy ,Speaker, Cocain Mitch Senate. Results things get worse and much more PAIN to follow. Maybe people will start thinking about fixing the problem But that is wishful thinking? 888mouth

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That is what exactly what is going to happen. Gayboy ,Speaker, Cocain Mitch Senate. Results things get worse and much more PAIN to follow. Maybe people will start thinking about fixing the problem But that is wishful thinking? 888mouth

I fear that will send what's left of the Republican Party into a Whig-style tailspin into oblivion, and we know what followed when that happened.

I'm trying to save the Party, but I will be in the front lines of the Separatists if I fail.
I will NOT comply.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I fear that will send what's left of the Republican Party into a Whig-style tailspin into oblivion, and we know what followed when that happened.

I'm trying to save the Party, but I will be in the front lines of the Separatists if I fail.

There will be no separatists, or at least very few of them, so long as Trump is in the tent.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This pushes me yet a little more towards DeSantis.

I'll say this right here.

IMO, Ron DeSantis will be the next POTUS.

The endorsement will come from the Big Man himself. 

All we can do is hope that he will mirror Pres Trump's MAGA agenda, economically.  It won't be easy with the adversarial media, because double digit fixed 30 year mortgage rates are going to be here come the 2024 campaign season.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There will be no separatists, or at least very few of them, so long as Trump is in the tent.

I think you may be overestimating Trump's influence at the grassroots. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The endorsement is for being reelected to his Congressional seat.  It's tantamount to endorsing McCarthy for Speaker, and I am extremely opposed to that.

I doubt very much that McCarthy needed this endorsement, so it leaves me thinking, "What gives?"

He 'knows' McCarthy, and who/what he's dealing with.  He's not 'Karnac'.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald