Author Topic: Elon Musk’s Plan to Send a Million Colonists to Mars by 2050 Is Pure Delusion  (Read 359 times)

rebewranger

SPACEFLIGHT
Elon Musk’s Plan to Send a Million Colonists to Mars by 2050 Is Pure Delusion
There’s more to settling the Red Planet than just packing a whole lotta people into plus-sized rockets.
ByGeorge Dvorsky
Friday 1:30PM

In a recent interview, Elon Musk repeated his stated goal of wanting to transport one million people to Mars by 2050. The SpaceX founder says the future of humanity is at stake, which, okay, but the timeline he offers is ludicrous, and here’s why.

Before we plunge into this, I need to make it crystal clear that many of the challenges addressed in this article are not insurmountable. Technological feasibility is not my gripe, nor do I take issue with the desire to colonize the Red Planet, though, as I’ve written before, the colonization of Mars will necessitate the transformation of the human species as we know it.

Tesla Reportedly Hired a Firm to Monitor Its Employees Online During Union Push
That the fourth planet from the Sun may host bustling cities at some point in the distant future is possible. My issue with all of this has to do with the stupendously unreasonable timelines under which Musk believes this will happen. In an April 2022 interview with TED curator Chris Anderson, the billionaire rehashed his plan to send one million colonists to Mars by 2050, and he did so while maintaining a remarkably straight face.

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-mars-colony-delusion-1848839584

rebewranger

I'm sure a hundred fifty years ago, the thought of a man landing on the moon would have netted a permanent stay at "Happy Acres." 10 years ago you would have been a candidate for the Acres if you thought a person could change their gender simply by saying so.  5 years ago the thought of a doctor controlling a nation using a fake pandemic data would have  been considered impossible.  There is a thought Mr. Dvorsky needs to be aware of:  people who say something can't be done need to get out of the way of people who are doing it. buh bye

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree. I like a new adventure as well as the next man,but no way am I giving up sunrises,sunsets,snow,rain,the smell flowers and spring bring with the breeze.

Nope. Just not gonna give that up.

Not that they will be asking senior citizens to go,anyway.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 10:41:28 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I agree. I like a new adventure as well as the next man,but no way am I giving up sunrises,sunsets,snow,rain,the smell flowers and spring bring with the breeze.

Nope. Just not gonna give that up.

Not that they will be asking senior citizens to go,anyway.
I agree with you, but it's not for old codgers like us and not for the oh too many millennial and Gen Z  sloths. I don't know if there will be hope for the Alphas considering how much more the communists have become entrenched and perverted children.

Offline The_Reader_David

It has been said of Elon Musk that if he asserts something can be done, you should believe him, while if Elon Musk assert something can be done by a particular date, you should not believe him.

From this we should understand that a million-inhabitant colony on Mars is feasible, but that it will take a good deal longer than 28.5 years to pull off.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline ironhorsedriver

The regulatory agencies he has to jump through hoops for will not let it happen that soon. I also think he's being a little ambitious on his logistics for it to.

Offline Kamaji

A million people in 28 years is not going to happen.