Author Topic: Trump shouldn't run  (Read 635 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump shouldn't run
« on: May 25, 2022, 01:55:31 pm »
May 25, 2022
Trump shouldn't run
By M.B. Mathews

Donald J. Trump was the best POTUS in my very long lifetime. His policies were effective, making America prosperous, energy independent, and lowering minority unemployment to record low levels. Everything he did, with the possible exception of the COVID lockdown, was quintessentially Trump; competent, encouraging, and salutary for America and her people. We were blessed to have him in the White House.

Although many Americans cringed, we nonetheless put up with Trump’s coarseness and his inflated ego because he gave America back to the people. He relit the candle that lit the city on a hill. He was awesome. He took his business acumen and applied it to government very effectively, making America great again. We loved him. We still do. But sometimes the greatest love is to let go.

When 2020 happened, Trump was unceremoniously removed from office because of some highly questionable voting anomalies and practices. It was understandable that he was infuriated. We were equally so. But the prospect of more upheaval is too much for many Americans. We love a maverick but Trump became a burr under our saddle. Trump, instead of America, became the focus as he was attacked from all sides. We became beaten down, frustrated that we had no weapons to fight back with except the ballot box and even that has now become unpredictable. The election has been over for well over a year. It is time to stop talking about it; it keeps the electorate roiled. We need some tranquility, at least to regroup before the next battle.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/05/trump_shouldnt_run.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump shouldn't run
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 04:46:50 pm »
So,this bozo thinks we should just surrender,and beg the left for mercy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:24 pm »
Yes he's way too old, and he just lost by 7 million votes.  But this appeared likely in 2019 and his supporters did not care then.  Dems will not run Harris or Biden in 24, but they don't care about that either. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 06:03:04 pm »
Yes he's way too old, and he just lost by 7 million votes. 

@cato potatoe

Ahhh,now it becomes clear.

You should change your screen name to "Surrender Monkey".

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 06:04:41 pm »
Who's surrendering? DeSantis looks like a great choice.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 06:08:15 pm »
Yes he's way too old, and he just lost by 7 million votes.  But this appeared likely in 2019 and his supporters did not care then.  Dems will not run Harris or Biden in 24, but they don't care about that either.

Trump will probably also not attract independent voters that we will need in 2024. His supporters have deluded themselves that Trump was a popular president but the facts say otherwise.

Voters will be craving some kind of stability by 2024.

That does not mean that the GOP should nominate a Cheney or a Pence or a Romney. I have made the prediction that the next GOP nominee and president will be one of the Republican governors.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:59:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 06:17:07 pm »

I'd prefer DeSantis to Trump, but   I'll vote for either one in 2024 with enthusiasm.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 06:35:52 pm »
The fact that he shouldn't run is exactly why he probably will run. If his primary endorsements are any indications, he delights in chaos.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 06:47:48 pm »
I'd say DeSantis is the 2024 GOP frontrunner.

There are just too many distractions with Trump, but, that wouldn't stop him from running.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 07:29:57 pm »
Ahhh,now it becomes clear.

You should change your screen name to "Surrender Monkey".

I realize you are too scared of Trump to tell him "no."  There are more of you in the party than me, so you will get your way.  Have a ball.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 07:44:26 pm »
I realize you are too scared of Trump to tell him "no."  There are more of you in the party than me, so you will get your way.  Have a ball.

@cato potatoe

I think that is what is called "projection". Rude Orange Man scare you?

What you need is a safe,polite candidate,like Mitch Romney.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2022, 07:45:02 pm »
TheLastRefuge
@TheLastRefuge2
·
May 24
Without independent wealth, if DeSantis steps into the arena of national politics, his policies and platform will abide by Club rules and donor needs.  It really is that simple.  I like him a lot, but I like 'America-First' more.

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/1528950174717968384

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 08:33:42 pm »
@cato potatoe

I think that is what is called "projection". Rude Orange Man scare you?

What you need is a safe,polite candidate,like Mitch Romney.

No I need another Reaganite.  Problem is, were Ronnie in the primary, Trump's personality cult would brand him a globalist pro choice divorced slick talkin' Hollywood thespian with a ballerina for a son, and whatever David Pecker came up with.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2022, 09:11:56 pm »
No I need another Reaganite.  Problem is, were Ronnie in the primary, Trump's personality cult would brand him a globalist pro choice divorced slick talkin' Hollywood thespian with a ballerina for a son, and whatever David Pecker came up with.

@cato potatoe

Blah,blah,blah. The politicians of today would eat Reagan for a snack. He grew up and ran for office at a time when politicians were expected to be respectful to each other.

Just admit it,you hate and fear Rude Orange Man because  you want a wuss the Dims and the RINO's can give orders to.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2022, 09:14:46 pm »
The fact that he shouldn't run is exactly why he probably will run. If his primary endorsements are any indications, he delights in chaos.
Never count out the ability of Trump to screw up the GOP's chances. It's always all about him.
Stuart Varney, a huge Trump fan, tried to get Trump to stop talking about 2020 on his show the other day. Trump would have none of it. He's determined to forever babble about his loss  turning off millions of potential voters and energizing the Dems.
The best chance for the GOP in 2024 is probably DeSantis as he is a compromise between Trump and some established Washington pol.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2022, 09:24:11 pm »

The best chance for the GOP in 2024 is probably DeSantis as he is a compromise between Trump and some established Washington pol.

@goatprairie

Yeah,THAT'S the ticket! More compromise is EXACTLY what we need,huh?

"Kain't we all juz git along?"

(notice: There MAY be a small trace of sarcasm in the above post._

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2022, 09:30:04 pm »

Does DeSantis want the job? 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2022, 09:30:54 pm »
Trump should definitely run. I want him in the field, even though I will never support him in a primary.  If someone can demonstrate the ability to defeat Trump, then that somebody will have no problems winning a general election afterwards.  Let the battles begin, and may the best man (or woman) articulate the vision that will unite the various factions of the GOP.

Of the likely candidates who are emerging I support (1) Rand Paul; (2) Ted Cruz; (3) Greg Abbott; (4) Ron DeSantis; (5) Mike Pence; (6) Kristi Noem; (7) The Qanon Shaman; and (8) Donald Trump. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2022, 09:37:44 pm »
@goatprairie

Yeah,THAT'S the ticket! More compromise is EXACTLY what we need,huh?

"Kain't we all juz git along?"

(notice: There MAY be a small trace of sarcasm in the above post._
I know this is asking a lot of you, but you could offer some coherent observation?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2022, 10:27:28 pm »
Never count out the ability of Trump to screw up the GOP's chances. It's always all about him.
Stuart Varney, a huge Trump fan, tried to get Trump to stop talking about 2020 on his show the other day. Trump would have none of it. He's determined to forever babble about his loss  turning off millions of potential voters and energizing the Dems.

@goatprairie

Minus a shift in policies, the best chance Biden has to get reelected in 2024 is for Donald Trump to be the GOP nominee
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2022, 10:31:38 pm »
Trump had his four years.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2022, 10:37:57 pm »

Of the likely candidates who are emerging I support (1) Rand Paul; (2) Ted Cruz; (3) Greg Abbott; (4) Ron DeSantis; (5) Mike Pence; (6) Kristi Noem; (7) The Qanon Shaman; and (8) Donald Trump.

(1) Paul...  I think his libertarian streak hurts conservative turnout.  Good choice though
(2) Cruz-  Was maybe his biggest supporter in '16.  Calling the J6 protestors terrorist, dropped him significantly in my eyes.
(3) Abbott- He's barely winning for re-election now.  (Of course Beto really screwed up today).  He botched the Freeze in '19, and it hurt him big time.
(4)- DeSantis-  My choice, and looks like he has little of no flaws or vunerabilities.  Would be a great POTUS candidate.
(5) Pence-  Has as much chance as Jeb.  Won't comment further.
(6) Noem- My bet for VPOTUS in '24.  Needs more experience and name recognition
(7) The Q-Anon Shamon-  LMAO. 
(8)- Trump- Minus the noise, he did a really good job. I'd put him at about 4th.

PLUS- I want to add the only GOP candidate that I WILL NOT VOTE FOR-  Niki Haley-  SC bitch who was woke before it became fashionable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022, 10:55:24 pm »
Trump should definitely run. I want him in the field, even though I will never support him in a primary.  If someone can demonstrate the ability to defeat Trump, then that somebody will have no problems winning a general election afterwards.  Let the battles begin, and may the best man (or woman) articulate the vision that will unite the various factions of the GOP.

@massadvj

Of the likely candidates who are emerging I support (1) Rand Paul; (2) Ted Cruz;  (5) Mike Pence; (6) Kristi Noem; (7) The Qanon Shaman

ROFLMAO!

Rand Paul is a joke,Ted Cruz is one of the smartest pols in the biz,but he ain't ever going to be serious about running for President.

Never even heard of 6) Kristi Noem;  or (7) The Qanon Shaman;,but I suspect some creature with a name like Qanon Shaman has less of a chance than I would.

Are you really serious about this,or just pulling everybody's legs?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2022, 10:56:54 pm »
I know this is asking a lot of you, but you could offer some coherent observation?

@goatprairie

Not MY fault a anti-Trumper is incapable of recognizing "coherent".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2022, 10:57:51 pm »
@goatprairie

Minus a shift in policies, the best chance Biden has to get reelected in 2024 is for Donald Trump to be the GOP nominee

@LMAO

Maybe you guys can get Miss Manners to run?