Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62191 times)

Offline Kamaji

Police Response to Deadly School Shooter Emerges
By Bonchie | Jun 19, 2022 8:30 AM ET

While the tragic school shooting in Uvalde, TX, has become overshadowed by a wider national push for “gun control,” the response of the local police remains a top issue.

As RedState has chronicled extensively, decisions were made that not only cost lives but also made no sense whatsoever. Reports in the immediate aftermath indicated the police refused to enter the school, choosing to harass and detain distraught parents instead. In the days following the shooting, revelations that the police waited for a “tactical team” and then wouldn’t even allow that tactical team to enter until the Border Patrol agents finally disobeyed orders over an hour later painted a disturbing picture.

Even past that, we’ve since learned that the shooter walked around for a full 12 minutes before entering the school, shooting indiscriminately. Given the police department itself is less than ten minutes away, that is inexplicable. But if there is any doubt left that the Uvalde police are directly culpable for allowing so much bloodshed, a smoking gun has emerged.

https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1538372327091580928

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/19/smoking-gun-for-the-uvalde-police-response-to-deadly-school-shooter-emerges-n580801

:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The keystone cops were consummate professionals compared to that Uvalde crew.  I don't know how they can live with themselves.

@Bigun

I do. They just keep repeating the Official Police Mantra of "Officer Safety Comes First".

They do NOT exist to protect you. They exist to protect themselves,and if possible,retire early on disability of some sort. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if several of the cops in this story retire early due to the "stress they suffered from press reports".

With a full pension and benefits,of course.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The keystone cops were consummate professionals compared to that Uvalde crew.  I don't know how they can live with themselves.
Or their neighbors who lost kids inside the school.

If I lived next door to one, I believe he would have to move somewhere else.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Or their neighbors who lost kids inside the school.

If I lived next door to one, I believe he would have to move somewhere else.

I expect that there will soon be a rash of suicides in Uvalde but we will likely never hear a word about it if it happens.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

I expect that there will soon be a rash of suicides in Uvalde but we will likely never hear a word about it if it happens.
Yep, the leftists must always blame guns, not those who wield them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

I definitely don't see how they can continue to cash their paychecks as police officers.  At the point I realized that I wasn't cut out to be a police officer, I would have immediately resigned.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

They are now lawyering up.

Uvalde Officials Hire Private Law Firm To Block Release Of ‘Embarrassing’ Information After SHOCKING Details Are Released About The Shooting
Then, this morning it was reported that Uvalde police may have stood at the door of the classroom where 18-year-old Salvador Ramos was going on a violent rampage for over an hour.  New details released by The Gateway Pundit indicate that the door may have been unlocked.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/uvalde-officials-hire-private-law-firm-block-release-shooting-records-including-highly-embarrassing-information/
https://100percentfedup.com/uvalde-officials-hire-private-law-firm-to-block-release-of-embarrassing-information-after-shocking-details-are-released-about-the-shooting/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 07:00:06 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Hoodat

They are now lawyering up.

Uvalde Officials Hire Private Law Firm To Block Release Of ‘Embarrassing’ Information After SHOCKING Details Are Released About The Shooting

Legal fees to be paid by Uvalde taxpayers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I definitely don't see how they can continue to cash their paychecks as police officers.  At the point I realized that I wasn't cut out to be a police officer, I would have immediately resigned.

@Hoodat

I thought about becoming a cop when I first got out of the army,but after maybe  seconds of thinking I realized that arresting a child molester/rapist and tying him by the feet to the rear bumper of my patrol car and driving him to the station would probably be frowned upon.

So I decided I just didn't have the necessary "follow the orders rigidly" character required for that job.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Hoodat

I thought about becoming a cop when I first got out of the army,but after maybe  seconds of thinking I realized that arresting a child molester/rapist and tying him by the feet to the rear bumper of my patrol car and driving him to the station would probably be frowned upon.

So I decided I just didn't have the necessary "follow the orders rigidly" character required for that job.

On  MeWe there's a friend of mine who posts the daily mugshots from our County Jail, and the child molesters all seem to have some type of facial injury.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Keeping in mind that gun control proponents didn't need the "cure"---they already have that, in their own minds--our disarmament.

What they needed was the 'disease'. Funny how these incidents are often maximized by "error", "blunders", "bad decisions" and "mistakes", even though there have been enough of them to study thoroughly and eliminate that sort of nonsense.

It is obvious that the best response to someone shooting up the 'hood' near a school, is to stop them--by whatever means--from getting to massed potential victims at the school, especially kids, not to mention other people outside the building.

It is obvious that the sooner the shooter is distracted or taken down, the sooner the killing/wounding stops, especially if the shooter is taken down before getting to where they can do the most harm.

It is obvious that stopping the shooter, by lethal means if necessary, is the primary goal, and enables the prompt administering of first aid and transport of still-living victims to a medical facility.

The sooner those still living victims are transported, the sooner they receive even rudimentary medical attention, the more likely they are to survive.

Yet time and time again, from the Columbine High School incident onward, the obvious behaviour of the shooters pre-event has been ignored. The shooters have managed to gain access, not only to firearms despite being known to be 'troubled', have gained access to buildings and venues with little or no resistance, and LEOs and others have failed to interrupt the shooter and gain control of the scene either before entry to the scene or afterward the incident starts within a time frame that would enhance chances of survival for potential and wounded victims.

Major arterial and venous damage can be survivable for as long as 60 minutes under the right conditions,source or as little as 2 minutes depending on the vessel, the nature of the damage, the health of the victim, but waiting 60 minutes is a virtual guarantee of exsanguination, hypovolemic shock, and death if EMS or others are not allowed to treat the patient, stop the blood loss and get them to a medical facility.

It was the wait time at Columbine and elsewhere that kept the merely seriously wounded from having a chance to survive their wounds, and in the case of Uvalde, nearly guaranteed that the seriously wounded would die.

Am I the only one seeing a pattern of actions which continues to maximize the body count at these sort of incidents? From failures to stop known disturbed people (even making open threats on social media) from acquiring firearms, entering the venue/scene/building, when shooting outside failing to keep them from accessing larger, penned up crowds, to failures in physical building security, failures to interdict shooters, failures to move other potential victims out of the area (done at Uvalde, at least somewhat), failure to confront the shooter or utilize sharpshooter assets to stop them, failure to enter the building in a timely fashion, failure to get EMS to the victims...

Now, on that day, there were millions of AR-15 (Stoner variant) type rifles across America that were not used at all, some went to the range for target practice, some were used to hunt invasive and damaging species in rural areas, some were even used by law enforcement or non-LEOs to stop crimes, (although legally LEOs have access to new production rifles which can fire full auto or 3 round bursts and not just semi-auto) and maybe one or two were used in crimes.

Much the same can be said of virtually any tool, from knives, to hammers, to shovels, but the only tool the Government wants to take is the one they are afraid of, and the more they can convince the people they, too should fear that same tool, the better their chance of banning it in hands other than Government's. We all have sufficient historical examples of that situation to see it seldom ends well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1 As it turns out:

I'm hearing from multiple sources that the door to that classroom was never locked at all.

None of the rumors about school security surprises me, @Bigun ...

Doors left propped with a rock... classroom doors left unlocked... Every security system is left lacking by human apathy or negligence. Eternal vigilance is a military concept, hardly suited for the rank and file. Every exploit I know is a product of incompetence or negligence.

Which is why security features are often overcome.

Offline Hoodat

Doors left propped with a rock... classroom doors left unlocked... Every security system is left lacking by human apathy or negligence. Eternal vigilance is a military concept, hardly suited for the rank and file. Every exploit I know is a product of incompetence or negligence.

Hey, at least they had their own police force as a backup.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Woo!  *****rollingeyes*****

That didn't turn out so good here...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

That and slimy bastards all too willing to take a paycheck every week and disappear instantly when actual duty calls!  Same danged thing happened in Florida IIRC. I still don't know how they can live with themselves. @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

That and slimy bastards all too willing to take a paycheck every week and disappear instantly when actual duty calls!  Same danged thing happened in Florida IIRC. I still don't know how they can live with themselves. @roamer_1

I heard that.

Always comes down the very same way. Security don't stop it. Cops don't stop it.

What stops it is one ornery bastard onsite at the time... willing to send a little light through the sonovabiches head. That's the only thing that stops it ever. And that's what stopped it this time.

But then, I don't see the sense nor have the patience for anything else.

@Bigun

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I heard that.

Always comes down the very same way. Security don't stop it. Cops don't stop it.

What stops it is one ornery bastard onsite at the time... willing to send a little light through the sonovabiches head. That's the only thing that stops it ever. And that's what stopped it this time.

But then, I don't see the sense nor have the patience for anything else.

@Bigun

You're right but it wasn't all that long ago that a lawman took his job seriously. What happened to that?  Never mind.  I already know the answer.  (see the George Floyd episode for clues.)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

You're right but it wasn't all that long ago that a lawman took his job seriously. What happened to that?  Never mind.  I already know the answer.  (see the George Floyd episode for clues.)

That's right.
Alas @Bigun , it seems 'One Riot, One Ranger' rests only in the imagination of the Western mind.  **nononono*

That kind seems nearly extinct.

Online roamer_1

... And that's a damn cryin shame, right there.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
... And that's a damn cryin shame, right there.
Yep.

But then, doin' what's right, what needs to be done, has almost always been a thankless job.

No good deed goes unpunished.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Yep.

But then, doin' what's right, what needs to be done, has almost always been a thankless job.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Ain't that the truth...

Offline DB

It sounds like that was setup just provide more union jobs at the taxpayer's expense. No real plans to do the actual job.

Online mountaineer

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
BREAKING: Multiple officers were inside Robb Elementary School with rifles and at least one ballistic shield at 11:52 a.m. the day of the shooting, new video and other evidence shows. They didn’t enter the classroom for another 58 minutes. More soon via @statesman and @KVUE

Investigators believe this is significant because it indicates they had more than enough firepower and protection to enter the classroom before they did. Officers were growing impatient far sooner: “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there,” one said on body camera video.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
BREAKING: Multiple officers were inside Robb Elementary School with rifles and at least one ballistic shield at 11:52 a.m. the day of the shooting, new video and other evidence shows. They didn’t enter the classroom for another 58 minutes. More soon via @statesman and @KVUE

Investigators believe this is significant because it indicates they had more than enough firepower and protection to enter the classroom before they did. Officers were growing impatient far sooner: “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there,” one said on body camera video.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the excuses for why they didn't go in sooner was because they didn't have any ballistic shields?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!