Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62221 times)

Offline Kamaji

This is the most bizarre excuse yet!  Literally nobody was in charge!

And yet, somebody was sufficiently "in charge" to prevent parents from going in to rescue their own children.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
IF there were any justice left in this world that SOB would be scratching his unemployed @SS today while awaiting his trial!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They should pretty much be suing everyone all at once, not just the estate of the killer.
Yep, name 'em all as defendants...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde School Police Chief Describes Wait for Keys to Reach School Shooter

Randy Clark 10 Jun 2022

In the first detailed interview about his role in the school shooting response, Uvalde School Police Chief Pete Arredondo describes what transpired for the more than an hour spent in the hallway of Robb Elementary School. Arredondo described the wait for a key that would eventually open the steel door and allow officers to put an end to last month’s mass shooting.

In a report by the Texas Tribune, Arredondo sheds new light on the controversial police response to the shooting and disputes accounts that he was the incident commander that day. In the telephonic interview and through statements provided to the Tribune by his attorney, George E. Hyde, Arredondo says he took the role of a first responder as he entered the school immediately upon arrival and remained in the hallway attempting to gain access to the shooter locked behind a steel door.

Arredondo, who heads the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District’s six-officer police force, faced intense criticism for the response to the shooting and has been described as the Incident Commander by state authorities — therefore singularly responsible for the delay in reaching the shooter. As reported by Breitbart Texas, Arredondo and others received death threats in the aftermath.

Arredondo disputes assertions that officers’ actions were cowardly and incompetent, telling the Tribune, “Not a single responding officer ever hesitated, even for a moment, to put themselves at risk to save the children. We responded to the information that we had and had to adjust to whatever we faced.” He added, “Our objective was to save as many lives as we could, and the extraction of the students from the classrooms by all that were involved saved over 500 of our Uvalde students and teachers before we gained access to the shooter and eliminated the threat.”

Hyde, Arredondo’s attorney, also disputes assertions that officers’ actions were incompetent and cowardly, telling the Tribune the criticisms do not reflect the realities police face when under fire and trying to save lives. Hyde explained the dilemma faced by the small community of about 15,000. He told the Tribune its small band of school police does not have the staffing, equipment, training, or experience with mass violence compared to larger cities.

Hyde went on to say his client ran straight toward danger armed with a 9mm pistol and his 29 years of experience as a peace officer. He did not have body armor.

According to Arredondo, his most consequential decision was his immediate response to the school shooting. At around 11:35 a.m., he left his police radios outside the school. Arredondo told the Tribune his choice was logical. Every second mattered and he wanted both hands free for his weapon.

Arredondo did not speak out sooner because he did not want to compound the community’s grief or place blame on others, he told the Tribune.

He said he believed he was the first officer to arrive and that carrying the radios would slow him down. He also doubted their effectiveness inside the school, based on his experience in the district. This decision would impact his ability to communicate with the other officers and forced him to use a cell phone.

Arredondo began working with Uvalde Police officers to locate the gunman. According to his statements to the Tribune, Arredondo says a teacher pointed them to the wing the gunman had entered where they soon heard a “great deal of rounds” being fired. He believed that was the time the gunman entered the open classroom.

Attempting to enter behind the gunman, Arredondo tried to open both classroom doors, but were locked. Arredondo told the Tribune some of the bullets traveled through the locked classroom door, injuring officers in the hallway. The officers, suffering grazing bullet wounds, returned to contain the gunman.

Arredondo says the security features designed to protect students ultimately prevented him from reaching the shooter. Arredondo told the Tribune the classroom door was reinforced with a steel jamb, preventing officers from kicking it in to gain access. The classroom lights were also shut off.

The fact that Arredondo did not have his police radios during the time of the shooting also precluded him from hearing information from the 911 call center. He was not aware of any of the 911 calls placed by children. He says officers passed along information by whispering for fear of drawing more gunfire.

Arredondo told the Tribune he used his cell phone to call police dispatch to request SWAT, snipers, and tools to open the classroom door. According to his statement, he believed another officer or official had taken control of the larger response since he had assumed the role of a front-line responder.

Arredondo’s assertion of this to the Tribune is in keeping with the National Incident Management System (NIMS). According to NIMS, developed as the guiding doctrine for responding to emergencies by FEMA in 2005, the overall command of an incident is subject to change for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons is the arrival of a more qualified incident commander from the agency with a higher level of jurisdictional responsibility.

Statements made by the Texas DPS in the days following the shooting indicated they saw Arredondo as the incident commander and criticized his decision to not enter the classroom sooner. During a press conference detailing the timeline of events, the director of the Texas Highway Patrol also indicated a teacher left a door propped open, allowing the gunman to enter the building. That information was later disputed by an attorney retained by the teacher, prompting the DPS to retract that information and issue a correction through a department spokesperson.

According to Arredondo, officers in the hallway had few options. Arredondo tried to talk to the gunman through the walls to establish a line of communication. Still unable to reach the shooter, Arredondo began the evacuation process, telling officers to start breaking exterior classroom windows as some of the gunfire was piercing through the walls.

“The ammunition was penetrating the walls at that point,” Arredondo told the Tribune. “We’ve got him cornered, we’re unable to get to him. You realize you need to evacuate those classrooms while we figured out a way to get in.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/06/10/uvalde-school-police-chief-describes-wait-for-keys-to-reach-school-shooter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Arredondo disputes assertions that officers’ actions were cowardly and incompetent,

Dispute all you want you POS! All those people are still dead because of you!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This arrogant ass is the chief of the school police chief and he doesn't have a master key to all the schools? Yeah tell me another one. How does he explain the Border Patrol special team being able to do what he says wasn't possible? I hope this POS has a damn good attorney because he and the school district are going to need one. Hey maybe they can get Matthew McConaughey to be their Lincoln Lawyer, being an actor seems to have made him an expert on so many things like the 2nd Amendment, Firearms, so why not a lawyer since he played one?

Offline roamer_1

This arrogant ass is the chief of the school police chief and he doesn't have a master key to all the schools?

I've got a big ol key with about 500 lbs of bumper...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde school police chief says he didn’t know he was in charge at shooting, gave no orders
June 11, 2022 | Ashley Hill |

Deeply criticized for having spent over an hour in the hallway and unable to break through a steel jammed door to reach the gunman at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas on May 24, Uvalde School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo provided insight into what was going through his mind at the grade school massacre where he was on the scene without keys, body armor, police radios or tactical gear.

“I didn’t issue any orders,” Arredondo told The Texas Tribune, despite being widely believed to be in charge during the gunman’s rampage.

“I called for assistance and asked for an extraction tool to open the door,” the 50-year-old law enforcement officer told the outlet in his first comments since the mass shooting. “The only thing that was important to me at this time was to save as many teachers and children as possible.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/11/uvalde-school-police-chief-says-he-didnt-know-he-was-in-charge-at-shooting-gave-no-orders-1248777/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Idiot

Uvalde school police chief says he didn’t know he was in charge at shooting, gave no orders

Deeply criticized for having spent over an hour in the hallway and unable to break through a steel jammed door to reach the gunman at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas on May 24, Uvalde School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo provided insight into what was going through his mind at the grade school massacre where he was on the scene without keys, body armor, police radios or tactical gear.

“I didn’t issue any orders,” Arredondo told The Texas Tribune, despite being widely believed to be in charge during the gunman’s rampage.

“I called for assistance and asked for an extraction tool to open the door,” the 50-year-old law enforcement officer told the outlet in his first comments since the mass shooting. “The only thing that was important to me at this time was to save as many teachers and children as possible.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/11/uvalde-school-police-chief-says-he-didnt-know-he-was-in-charge-at-shooting-gave-no-orders-1248777/
Just like Biden...everyone else is to blame. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Over 12 Students in Uvalde Were Alive During the Hour Before Police Entered Classroom
By Cameron Arcand | Jun 10, 2022 2:52 PM ET

Roughly a dozen students at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, were alive for over an hour before law enforcement made it into their classrooms, according to a new report by the New York Times.

There were 33 children and 3 teachers in the path of the shooter, but police reportedly waited an hour- and-17-minutes before four officers entered the classrooms in question–despite 60 officers having arrived at the school, the report says.

From the NYT:

Investigators have been working to determine whether any of those who died could have been saved if they had received medical attention sooner, according to an official with knowledge of the effort. But there is no question that some of the victims were still alive and in desperate need of medical attention. One teacher died in an ambulance. Three children died at nearby hospitals, according to the documents.

The documents also reveal that the officers had long guns upon arrival, which means they were well-equipped to take down the gunman. As the Times notes, there would likely have been a decreased loss of life had there been a faster direct police response. It ended up being Border Patrol, not local law enforcement, that ended up killing the shooter, the Associated Press reported.

Uvalde school district police Chief Pete Arredondo is the center of scrutiny over the law enforcement response to the shooting that left 19 students and two teachers dead.

more
https://redstate.com/carcand/2022/06/10/report-over-12-students-in-uvalde-were-alive-during-the-hour-before-police-entered-classroom-n577137
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I've got a big ol key with about 500 lbs of bumper...

Waiting to get a key from the janitor my @SS!  That dog don't hunt!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

That's right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

EXACTLY!

And when THAT noise draws the attention of the shooter away from the students to the assault force driving a truck through the school doors,SO FREAKING WHAT?

It means the po-po have done the freaking jobs they swore an oath to do by taking the attention AND the gun fire AWAY from the students,and focusing it on the LEO's who HAVE TAKEN A SWORN OATH TO DO THIS VERY FREAKING THING!

We do NOT need LEO agencies running around in this country who are armed to the teeth with automatic weapons and other "tools of the trade" SOLELY SO THEY CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES!  We need LEO's who MEAN it when they swear an oath TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC. THAT is what we pay them for.

Instead,it is seems to be increasingly obvious with every year that passes is we are getting LEO's who take the oath and wear the badges so that THEY can carry weapons SOLELY TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

I am now to the point where I want to see laws passed BANNING the possession of firearms by  former cops who have been fired for cause for not rushing to defend the public. After all,ain't these the SAME SOB's that are always on teebee screaming about how the public doesn't have guns or need guns because the public has THEM to protect them from harm?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just like Biden...everyone else is to blame.
So now the POS is using the Sergeant Schultz defense?

What this guy needs is a good old fashioned blanket party, followed by tar and feathers and a ride out of town on a split rail. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 04:09:07 pm by GtHawk »

Online Hoodat

If only this school district had had their own police force in place to protect the lives of students and teachers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Police and the Sheriff were there to protect the shooter from the public, who wanted to rush in and kill him.
The Police and the Sheriff were arresting 'parents', while the shooter was killing their children.
Goddammit man, ram a truck into the wall to distract him and save a few lives. DO SOMETHING!!
Jeez man, lounging in the shade of a tree drinking lattes while listening to gunfire is not appropriate LEO response.
These guys have to live with themselves. They have to know every day they wake up that they are freakin cowards.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

These guys have to live with themselves. They have to know every day they wake up that they are freakin cowards.

@240B

They already know this. They have known it all their lives.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And these fat, lazy, retards are the guys coming to take our weapons? I doubt it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

more
He should have been immediately fired and all salary/benefits stopped as he failed to do his job, his ONLY reason for being paid. A coward who is hiding from the press as well as his fellow citizens whose kids were sacrificed by his fear and ignorance.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 June 13, 2022 12:42pm EDT
City of Uvalde working to 'cover up' police records from shooting: Report
The scrutiny centers on school police chief Peter Arredondo
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

The city of Uvalde is seeking to evade records requests from multiple outlets regarding the police response to last month's shooting at Robb Elementary School, the Daily Mail reported Monday.

Uvalde police are facing heavy scrutiny into their response to the shooting, which left 19 children and two teachers dead. Police stood for nearly an hour outside the pair of classrooms where 18-year-old Salvador Ramos carried out his rampage.

The city reacted to records requests by retaining lawyers and sending a letter to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, laying out arguments against fulfilling the requests.

"The City claims that the requested information is not information that is collected, assembled, or maintained under a law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by a governmental body or for a governmental body or is excepted from disclosure," attorney Cynthia Trevino wrote, according to the Mail.

The lawyers requested a determination from Paxton on whether they were exempt from releasing the information.

Much of the scrutiny has fallen on Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department Chief Pete Arredondo, who didn't have his police radio with him while responding to the shooting.

Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said during a June 3 press conference that Arredondo had misidentified the situation when he arrived to the school.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-cover-up-police-records-shooting-arredondo
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

At least one of the officers on the scene had to have had a body cam operating.  That recording exists somewhere.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At least one of the officers on the scene had to have had a body cam operating.  That recording exists somewhere.

@Hoodat

I have no doubt it existed from multiple body cameras at one time,but you can bet the farm they no longer exist.

SOME people would call this "tampering with evidence",but it seems that it is impossible for the po-po to do this,

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde cop wielding AR-15 failed to take shot to kill gunman, 18, before he entered school and murdered 19 children because he was scared of hitting kids playing behind the killer

It's another reveal about the police's efforts during the fateful incident where 21 people, including 19 children, were killed
    The response has the cops under investigation from the Texas Rangers, the U.S. Justice Department and a special committee of the Texas Legislature
    This admission would mean a second missed opportunity for officers to stop Salvador Ramos before the May 24 rampage inside Robb Elementary School
    Officials said that a school district police drove past Ramos without seeing him in the school parking lot
    The unidentified officers, one of whom was armed with an AR-15-style rifle, said they feared hitting children playing in the line of fire outside the school

By Stephen M. Lepore For Dailymail.Com and Associated Press

Published: 20:57 EDT, 17 June 2022 | Updated: 23:51 EDT, 17 June 2022

A Uvalde School District police officer has admitted to passing up a chance to shoot  18-year-old gunman Salvador Ramos because he was scared of hitting children behind the killer.

The admission, uncovered by the New York Times on Friday, revealed that the unnamed cop was holding an AR-15 after rushing to Robb Elementary School on May 24.

He then saw Ramos still outside the building, firing shots at a nearby funeral home.

This is how the shooting played out over the course of nearly two hours from when gunman Salvador Ramos shot his grandmother at home

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10928897/Uvalde-cop-wielding-AR-15-MISSED-chance-shoot-kill-gunman-18-entered-school.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Police Response to Deadly School Shooter Emerges
By Bonchie | Jun 19, 2022 8:30 AM ET

While the tragic school shooting in Uvalde, TX, has become overshadowed by a wider national push for “gun control,” the response of the local police remains a top issue.

As RedState has chronicled extensively, decisions were made that not only cost lives but also made no sense whatsoever. Reports in the immediate aftermath indicated the police refused to enter the school, choosing to harass and detain distraught parents instead. In the days following the shooting, revelations that the police waited for a “tactical team” and then wouldn’t even allow that tactical team to enter until the Border Patrol agents finally disobeyed orders over an hour later painted a disturbing picture.

Even past that, we’ve since learned that the shooter walked around for a full 12 minutes before entering the school, shooting indiscriminately. Given the police department itself is less than ten minutes away, that is inexplicable. But if there is any doubt left that the Uvalde police are directly culpable for allowing so much bloodshed, a smoking gun has emerged.

https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1538372327091580928

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/19/smoking-gun-for-the-uvalde-police-response-to-deadly-school-shooter-emerges-n580801
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The keystone cops were consummate professionals compared to that Uvalde crew.  I don't know how they can live with themselves.

- J. R. R. Tolkien