Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62241 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just my personal opinion about the cops not going in:  If I were one of those cops, I would have gone in, the risk of death notwithstanding, because those were children in there, and my life as an adult is not worth more than the lives of those children.  Simple as that.

"Protect and Serve"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grandfather gives tour of Uvalde shooter’s blood-soaked home, says wife shot in face over a phone bill is awake

May 27, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Independent journalist Ali Bradley took footage inside the home of Uvalde shooter Salvador Rolando Ramos guided by the grandfather, Rolando Reyes, who showed her where Celia Gonzalez, the grandmother, was shot in the face by her grandson after an alleged argument over a phone bill ensued.

The inside of the home was evidently spattered with blood. The bullet that hit the grandmother, 66, in the face reportedly entered through her cheek and exited just below her ear. It is a miracle she survived.

Ramos, 18, had announced on social media that he intended to shoot his grandmother before going on his killing spree that took the lives of 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School.

“There’s blood all over,” the grandfather, 74, told Bradley and then pointed to an interior door frame. “There was a pool of blood here.”

Remarkably, after being shot in the face, the grandmother was able to call 911 which almost certainly saved her life. She is still in critical condition but is awake and expected to survive. She is communicating with her family by writing.

https://twitter.com/AliBradleyTV/status/1529820309792202753

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/05/27/grandfather-gives-tour-of-uvalde-shooters-blood-soaked-home-says-wife-shot-in-face-over-a-phone-bill-is-awake-1243045/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That hasn't worked very well, has it? Do mass shooters generally watch TV news?

You make good points as usual. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘There’s Only So Much BS You Can Take’: Tucker Carlson Rips Police Response To Uvalde Shooting

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1530014197643362304
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just a couple points of fact.

1) He was firing 5.56 rounds not 7.62
2) He wasn't wearing body armor. Yes he had on what we call a "plate carrier". But he had no armor plates in it. He was using it as an ammo carrier.

That being said...

Most LEO's carry an AR in their trunk/cargo area these days as standard kit in addition to their side arm.  Too many times of running up against bad guys who out gunned them made that happen.

If you wait for the perfect time to go in...you'll never go in. To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld...you go in with the officers you have. Time is of the essence and the longer you wait the more innocent people get killed.

After taking fire, you don't retreat. You continue to push the fight to the perp. Half a dozen cops coming from multiple points of entry...one shooter can't shoot two directions at once.
Not to mention the police firing at him will distract him from shooting children.
Yes, the police have to be proficient enough with their firearms to not hit kids, but if they aren't they should be either getting more range time or find another line of work.

That seems rough, but any non-policeman who carries is well aware that in a situation, they are responsible for every round they fire, so the tendency is to learn your limitations, develop proficiency, and reduce the likelihood of hitting anyone but the perp.
There is no badge to hide behind, and all the liability, civil and criminal, can come down on you if you screw up. Pistol requires practice. Rifles, not as much, and they should have been carrying rifles.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
4 hour(s) ago
Pinned
Off-duty CBP agent saves students, daughter after 'help' text from text from teacher wife

An off-duty US Customs and Border Patrol agent saved dozens of children trapped inside Robb Elementary Tuesday after his wife, a fourth-grade teacher at the school, texted him that there was an active shooter, according to a report."

Help," she wrote, "I love you." Jacob Albarado was getting a haircut at the time. He borrowed a shotgun from his barber, who came with him, and headed to where his wife and his second-grade daughter were hiding in the school.

His daughter, 8, was locked in a bathroom and his wife was underneath a desk with her students in their classroom.

While a CBP elite tactical team was planning to take out the shooter, Albarado coordinated with other officers to get as many children out as possible. He started in the area where his wife had said their daughter was hiding, rescuing other children and teachers along the way.

For more on this story: https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-shooting-cbp-agent-saves-uvalde-students-daughter
Posted by Brie Stimson
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
54 min(s) ago
United States Marshals Service describes their response to Uvalde school shooting

The United States Marshals Service has released a statement Friday describing their response to the Robb Elementary School shooting earlier this week.

"At 12:10pm, the first group of Deputy U.S. Marshals from Del Rio arrived from nearly 70 miles away to assist federal, state, and local law enforcement already on scene," it said.

The statement added that those Marshals then entered the school to assist a Border Patrol tactical response unit "and other law enforcement already engaging with the shooter.

"These Deputy U.S. Marshals also rendered emergency trauma first aid for multiple victims," the U.S. Marshals statement said.

It continued by saying that "additional Deputy U.S. Marshals were asked to expand and secure the official law enforcement perimeter around the school" and that "Deputy marshals never arrested or placed anyone in handcuffs while securing the crime scene perimeter."

"Our deputy marshals maintained order and peace in the midst of the grief-stricken community that was gathering around the school," the statement concluded. "Our hearts are heavy with sorrow and sadness at this horrific crime. We send our condolences to all the victims and families affected by this tragedy."

Posted by Greg Norman
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/uvalde-texas-school-shooting
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2 hour(s) ago
Uvalde survivor: ‘I think he was aiming at me,’ but chair stopped bullets

Samuel Salinas, another 10-year-old Robb Elementary School mass shooting survivor, says gunman Salvador Ramos shot his teacher and fellow classmates after declaring “you’re all going to die.”

“I think he was aiming at me... I guess like one of the chairs were there so it blocked it,” Salinas told ABC News. 

He said at one point during the incident, a classmate went to turn off a phone that started ringing inside a desk.
Posted by Greg Norman
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2 hour(s) ago
Uvalde survivor details verbal exchange between shooter, police

Gemma Lopez, a 10-year-old survivor of the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Texas, says she heard gunman Salvador Ramos say “leave me alone please” to law enforcement who were responding to the massacre.

In an interview with ABC News, Lopez said she noticed something was wrong Tuesday when “the bullet came through the wall.”

She says she then “turned off the lights” in her classroom – something she learned during lockdown drills, which she has practiced since around kindergarten.

“I heard the officers yelling at the shooter...to put the firearm down,” Lopez added, “and then the shooter said ‘leave me alone please’ and then he started shooting.”
Posted by Greg Norman
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
https://patterico.com/2022/05/26/per-wall-street-journal-frantic-uvalde-parents-at-the-elementary-school-handcuffed-and-tased-by-police/

Ms. Gomez, a farm supervisor, said that she was one of numerous parents who began encouraging—first politely, and then with more urgency—police and other law enforcement to enter the school. After a few minutes, she said, federal marshals approached her and put her in handcuffs, telling her she was being arrested for intervening in an active investigation.

Why were federal marshals there, arresting people, and calling an active shooting an 'investigation' while not doing anything to rescue children?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why were federal marshals there, arresting people, and calling an active shooting an 'investigation' while not doing anything to rescue children?

The Federal Marshals were not there to stop the shooter, they were there to arrest the Domestic Terrorists (parents) as ordered by Garland.  They performed their job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FWIW:

Sara Spector
@Miriam2626
As an ex prosecutor from Uvalde, I can say based on my past interactions with Uvalde PD, you will never know the truth about what went down in that school until every inch of video tape is released to the press.
8:38 PM · May 26, 2022 from Midland, TX

We'll also never know how many of those children bled to death during the 60 minutes LE stood down.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING NEWS: Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales says Uvalde gunman was arrested FOUR YEARS ago after telling people he planned to 'shoot up a school once he's a senior in 2022'

Tony Gonzales said on Friday that Salvador Ramos was arrested four years ago when he was a juvenile
    He claimed the then 14-year-old told people: 'When I'm a senior in 2022, I am going to shoot up a school'
    Officials have not yet confirmed whether the teenager had a criminal record
    Gonzales said Ramos was arrested along with a friend
    Gonzales says Ramos spent time in a juvenile correctional facility
    Gov Greg Abbott said on Wednesday that he couldn't confirm whether the shooter had a juvenile record
    He legally purchased the two AR-15s he used in the attack last week after his 18th birthday

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 09:14 EDT, 27 May 2022 | Updated: 10:18 EDT, 27 May 2022
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Angeli Gomez (above)  jumped the school fence and ran inside the school where she rescued her children herself
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

This is how the shooting played out over the course of nearly two hours from when Ramos killed his grandmother at home. He arrived at the school at 11.28am and the first 911 calls were made. He then walked unobstructed into the building with his AR-15 and headed towards the classroom. He fought off cops at 11.44am, then was left alone in the room with the victims until around 12.44pm - when SWAT arrived. The incident was declared over at 1.06pm

Texas cop says officers didn't rush to find gunman because 'they could have been shot' then claims they DELIBERATELY locked inside classroom to save other students: Experts slam 'disgusting' decision that doctors say sealed the fate of injured kids

Texas DPT Lt Chris Olivarez claimed said on Thursday night cops hung back after Salvador Ramos opened fire because they didn't want to get shot themselves
    He then appeared to suggest it was a tactical decision by the police to trap the gunman in the classroom where he slaughtered 19 kids and two teachers
    Cops previously said the gunman barricaded himself in the room and anonymous law enforcement sources said they couldn't get in without a key
    It left the gunman alone with the group of kids and teachers for an hour and meant some kids bled out from their injuries
    School resource officers and police experts say it was a 'disgusting' decision that should never have been made
    Doctors say the leading cause of death in gunshot wound victims is bleeding out which happens in 5 minutes
    At least two of the 19 kids who died on Tuesday died on their way to the hospital for treatment an hour after being shot 

Published: 08:03 EDT, 27 May 2022 | Updated: 09:41 EDT, 27 May 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10860747/Texas-cop-says-Uvalde-officers-retreated-gunman-shot.html#comments
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 02:59:43 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox reporting that there will be significant new details released at upcoming press conference..
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He does have a father....

Texas shooter’s father says son ‘should’ve just killed me instead’
By Patrick Reilly   
May 26, 2022 10:47pm

The father of the Texas gunman who massacred 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School on Tuesday apologized for his 18-year-old son and said the teen should have killed him instead.

The gunman’s 42-year-old father, Salvador Ramos, opened up about his son, also Salvador, in a Thursday interview with the Daily Beast.

The elder Ramos said he is “sorry [for] what my son did.”

“I never expected my son to do something like that,” the father said. “He should’ve just killed me, you know, instead of doing something like that to someone.”

The younger Ramos shot his 66-year-old grandmother in the face before he stormed into the Uvalde school “unobstructed” and shot dead 21 people inside a fourth-grade classroom in one of the deadliest mass shootings in Texas history.

The gunman was killed at the scene by law enforcement officers.

The father told the Daily Beast he had not been in his son’s life much of late due to his job away from Uvalde.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/26/salvador-ramos-father-he-shouldve-just-killed-me-instead/

Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

BREAKING NEWS: Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales says Uvalde gunman was arrested FOUR YEARS ago after telling people he planned to 'shoot up a school once he's a senior in 2022'

Tony Gonzales said on Friday that Salvador Ramos was arrested four years ago when he was a juvenile
    He claimed the then 14-year-old told people: 'When I'm a senior in 2022, I am going to shoot up a school'
    Officials have not yet confirmed whether the teenager had a criminal record
    Gonzales said Ramos was arrested along with a friend
    Gonzales says Ramos spent time in a juvenile correctional facility
    Gov Greg Abbott said on Wednesday that he couldn't confirm whether the shooter had a juvenile record
    He legally purchased the two AR-15s he used in the attack last week after his 18th birthday

Published: 09:14 EDT, 27 May 2022 | Updated: 10:18 EDT, 27 May 2022

If true, then he should have been red-flagged.  If Texas law doesn't provide for red-flagging, or doesn't provide for it in this sort of case, then Texas law should be changed.

These guys look ready for a fight .....

Fox reporting that there will be significant new details released at upcoming press conference..

Ducks must be in a row   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"Protect and Serve"
It was years and years ago that a PD argued in court that wasn't their job and I think a judge agreed. This isn't the first time this happened in a school shooting but I sure hope it's the last. I'm not sure how these officers are going live with themselves and their future being labeled and called cowards.

Offline Hoodat

Disagree. Beto wrecked any chances he had against Abbott with that stunt.  It exposed him for what he is. A political grifter willing to stand on the bodies of dead children to try and score political points.

He gave Abbot's campaign a goldmine of video to use in ads against Robert Francis.

If Beto had waited a day and changed his attack, he could have come out looking a lot stronger.  But instead, he showed everyone that he doesn't have what it takes to be governor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If true, then he should have been red-flagged.  If Texas law doesn't provide for red-flagging, or doesn't provide for it in this sort of case, then Texas law should be changed.
Would he have been though? What is the law on minors and juvenile records, aren't they sealed unless charged as an adult? If that's the case then I agree with you,there is one more thing that needs to be looked at changing so that at least they can't legally buy a gun when they are older.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 03:46:22 pm by GtHawk »

Online mountaineer

If Beto had waited a day and changed his attack, he could have come out looking a lot stronger.  But instead, he showed everyone that he doesn't have what it takes to be governor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org