Author Topic: Graham: ‘If We Can Win in Ukraine and I Think We Can — We Can Stop Putin, the World Gets Better Over  (Read 926 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: ‘If We Can Win in Ukraine and I Think We Can — We Can Stop Putin, the World Gets Better Overnight’

Jeff Poor 13 May 2022

Thursday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told FNC host Jesse Watters that he thought stopping Russian President Vladimir Putin in Ukraine was essential to stop him from advancing beyond Ukraine into other Eastern European nations.

Watters and Graham debated why assisting Ukraine was a priority for the United States while the country suffered from its own domestic woes.

“Why don’t we drill for oil and gas that we own?” he said. “Listen, we don’t have the Congress as Republicans. Everything you say I agree with. Listen, you understand the importance of getting Putin stopped in Ukraine because he’s going to keep going. China will take Taiwan. But if the Ukrainian military can stop them in the Ukraine without any American soldiers, that’s a great day for freedom. That’s a great day for America.”

“But I am with you,” Graham continued. “I wish we would do more on the energy front. Does it make any sense to shut down oil and gas drilling in America and be more dependent on Russia and Iran? It makes absolutely no sense. But here’s what I want to tell your listeners — if we can win in Ukraine, and I think we can, we can stop Putin, the world gets better overnight. If he takes Ukraine, he doesn’t get prosecuted as a war criminal. He’ll keep going. He wants to rewrite the map of Europe and China is just waiting to see what to do with Taiwan. All the chips in the world for our computer and high tech industry comes from Taiwan. So there’s a lot at stake here.”

“But I can’t argue with — I’m not trying to argue with you that we should be doing more here at home,” he added. “We should have rational border policies. We don’t.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/13/graham-if-we-can-win-in-ukraine-and-i-think-we-can-we-can-stop-putin-the-world-gets-better-overnight/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Desert mirages have more substance than Lindsey.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
China is just sitting there biding its time while we and the Russians shoot ourselves in the head.

I am not against aid to Ukraine, per se.  I am against aid to Ukraine that lacks clear objectives and imagination.

our country has "war fever" again, and when it strikes people get delusional about what can be accomplished.  Have we not learned from our misadventures of the past?  It seems that when the war machine wants to get going, there is no stopping it as both parties just go along like lap dogs.

I am grateful for Rand Paul.  He is at least willing to ask some questions before he rolls over.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We?
Exactly! What's this we stuff Linda? Someone sure likes the idea of us in a war so they can butch up for the cameras.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I am not against aid to Ukraine, per se.  I am against aid to Ukraine that lacks clear objectives and imagination.

What does this mean @massadvj

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
What does this mean @massadvj

It means the war has not been managed well from the start.  We are in it because Biden showed weakness.  His political weakness is driving the policy now, as he finds it necessary to continually poke the bear for political gain, and even intentionally leak the fact that we were instrumental in providing the logistical support that enabled the sinking of Russian ships and the killing of Russian generals.  Biden's lack of imagination got us into this mess, and at his moment we are closer to nuclear war than we have ever been in my lifetime, including the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I realize we cannot control what Putin does.  But we can control what we do.  And we have shown no creativity or finesse when it comes to this war.  We are going in head first without a proper vetting.  The media and both parties are beating the war drums hard and the entire country is now fully engulfed in "war fever." 

I have been here before, and I know it usually ends badly.

Offline dfwgator

What do you mean "We", Kimosabe?

It means the war has not been managed well from the start.  We are in it because Biden showed weakness.  His political weakness is driving the policy now, as he finds it necessary to continually poke the bear for political gain, and even intentionally leak the fact that we were instrumental in providing the logistical support that enabled the sinking of Russian ships and the killing of Russian generals.  Biden's lack of imagination got us into this mess, and at his moment we are closer to nuclear war than we have ever been in my lifetime, including the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I realize we cannot control what Putin does.  But we can control what we do.  And we have shown no creativity or finesse when it comes to this war.  We are going in head first without a proper vetting.  The media and both parties are beating the war drums hard and the entire country is now fully engulfed in "war fever." 

I have been here before, and I know it usually ends badly.

Thanks for this terrific answer @massadvj      :thumbsup:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.

To be clear on the current situation whereby Biden can deeply screw up another situation like Afghanistan, and as Biden can be confident of his innocence until America is dead.
Putin recently fired his old incompetent generals/Admirals.  It was obvious, he tarried for too long doing it, catastrophe.
America in WWII in the pacific lost big time at the beginning at the battle of Savo Island.  Ignorance, Incompetence, and old men wanting to sleep at night and wake up in the morning to fight, was an utter defeat.  Smart American leadership quickly realized that young aggressive officers were needed to wage war, and Americas fortunes quickly reversed.  The Japanese leadership were reluctant to undo their cast system, and paid the price, at the Battleship Missouri.

As Putin is making the right moves, don't expect this dog and pony show is near over, it might be just beginning, and big changes ahead.  Looks to me it could now be an even bet, and might Biden change sides like he did in Afghanistan, AGAIN?  i'm not sure this dog and
 pony show just isn't over yet, not by  long shot.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 04:52:51 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am in 100 percent agreement on this.

Let Putin get away with this,and it is only a matter of time before he makes a move on other Eastern European nations.

If we don't make an effort to stop him now,when we can easily do so by only supplying some weapons and technical help,we WILL end up at some time in the next decade spending a LOT more on weapons,supplies,and the lives of our soldiers trying to stop him from taking Europe.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We?

@mystery-ak

Yes,WE! If not us,WHO?

And if SOMEBODY doesn't make an effort to stop him now,when it is easy and relatively inexpensive in both money and lives spent,it is going to be a LOT harder a decade or so from now when he or his replacement are better supplied,equipped,and trained.

Or are you one of those fools who thinks he will stop the expansion after seizing Ukraine?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly! What's this we stuff Linda? Someone sure likes the idea of us in a war so they can butch up for the cameras.

@GtHawk

Where the HELL are you people getting the idea from that says we will be sending US troops and taking an active part in the fighting?

We are doing to this to PREVENT such a thing from happening. Stop Russia NOW,and they will go back home and lick their wounds as Putin and his followers end up being removed from power and MAYBE replaced by people who are not fools.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It means the war has not been managed well from the start. 

AND?????? Are you somehow under the impression this war was created and planned by the US? We didn't have a single damn thing to do with it.

Granted,the Biden Crime Family MAY have given the Russians indications that the US would stay out of it if they invaded Ukraine,but you can bet your ass there is no signed evidence of this anywhere,and IF done,was done by Biden alone with NO help from Congress.

@massadvj

We are in it because Biden showed weakness.  His political weakness is driving the policy now, as he finds it necessary to continually poke the bear for political gain, and even intentionally leak the fact that we were instrumental in providing the logistical support that enabled the sinking of Russian ships and the killing of Russian generals.

@massadvj

Where the HELL are these brain farts originating? PLEASE tell me how Slow Joe's weakness had anything to do with Russia deciding to invade Ukraine. Did you REALLY expect the US to go to war against Russia because she invaded her neighbor?

Biden hesitated too long before getting involved,and even then it was reluctantly because he and Hunter were getting big bucks from Russia. Hell,Hunter may have even been waiting for board seat on an important Russian corporation to open up so he could have it. Resisting the Russians by providing Ukraine with weapons,food,and money COST the Biden Crime Family money.

The only reason Biden is backing Ukraine now is most likely because the DNC is forcing him to take a stand because of the upcoming elections. They might not give a damn about Ukraine,but they do care about losing power in the house,and there just ain't any way they could sugar coat not sending supplies and money to help buy food and medicine.

AND.....,this is money well-spent if it keeps Russia from getting stronger and expanding by invading more neighbor nations.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:14:43 pm by sneakypete »

Offline GtHawk

@GtHawk

Where the HELL are you people getting the idea from that says we will be sending US troops and taking an active part in the fighting?

We are doing to this to PREVENT such a thing from happening. Stop Russia NOW,and they will go back home and lick their wounds as Putin and his followers end up being removed from power and MAYBE replaced by people who are not fools.
I don't know Pete, maybe because that's what the democraps and more than a few republiturds want? Seems that every time a party is in political trouble or the economy is tanking there's nothing like a good war to solve the administrations problems. And to answer your earlier question of if not us, who? Europe! I believe Germanies economy has been better than ours and they have skated while American have spent their lives and tax dollars in wars. Let Germany pony up the 40 billion of their peoples money, let them put the taxation yoke on their children and grandchildren. I'm oh so tired of Americans being the go to for cash and lives while other nations barely contribute. Yes Ukraine needs help, let Europe pony up the biggest share this time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know Pete, maybe because that's what the democraps and more than a few republiturds want? Seems that every time a party is in political trouble or the economy is tanking there's nothing like a good war to solve the administrations problems.

@GtHawk

Well,they are getting that in spades by supplying material support for Ukraine,and don't even have to explain or apologize when the weekly list of war wounded and killed gets posted.

Kinda like getting to eat pizzas and milkshakes every day,and not gaining any weight or having your blood sugar levels rise.   

All the glory,and none of the blame.

You just can't beat it.

And to answer your earlier question of if not us, who? Europe! I believe Germanies economy has been better than ours and they have skated 

Germany has been sending them aid. So has England and even France. I am not 100 percent positive of the time line,but I THINK they were doing this even BEFORE the US started sending aid.

@mystery-ak

Yes,WE! If not us,WHO?

This argument is insultingly stupid @sneakypete

Let Europe take care of Europe.  That they love war is not my problem.

Offline GtHawk

I don't know Pete, maybe because that's what the democraps and more than a few republiturds want? Seems that every time a party is in political trouble or the economy is tanking there's nothing like a good war to solve the administrations problems.

@GtHawk

Well,they are getting that in spades by supplying material support for Ukraine,and don't even have to explain or apologize when the weekly list of war wounded and killed gets posted.

Kinda like getting to eat pizzas and milkshakes every day,and not gaining any weight or having your blood sugar levels rise.   

All the glory,and none of the blame.

You just can't beat it.

And to answer your earlier question of if not us, who? Europe! I believe Germanies economy has been better than ours and they have skated 

Germany has been sending them aid. So has England and even France. I am not 100 percent positive of the time line,but I THINK they were doing this even BEFORE the US started sending aid.
I'm not and didn't intend to say Germany wasn't sending aid, what I'm saying is that I'm sick and tired of sending the lions share of our children's future. Germany has been able to build all their social programs on the back of America paying the bulk of defense, all on the well you don't want us to fall back into our world domination ways do you? here's an article from a month ago about Germany bumping up their aid to 2 billion Euros. https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-war-germany-boosts-military-aid-budget-to-2-billion-as-it-happened/a-61483145

@ billion Euros, that's a whopping $2,082,380,000.00 in US dollars. So....tell me how I'm wrong about Europe not pulling their weight. The US with this additional 40 billion will have saddled it's taxpayers and generation of children wit about 54+ billions......so far!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This argument is insultingly stupid @sneakypete

Let Europe take care of Europe.  That they love war is not my problem.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah,EXCELLENT IDEA!

After all,just look at how well isolation has worked for us since the beginning of America.

I hate to be the one to break this to you,but we do NOT live in a bubble. Anything major politically that happens in another 1st World Nation DOES have an effect on America.

The world has a global economy,and the bigger the nations are,the more invested we/they are in what happens in the world.

I understand that you are terrified of dying,and would rather just surrender than fight,but I have bad news for you. You ARE going to die. Everybody you know IS going to die,and this will be regardless of anything else that happens anywhere in the world,including your own home.

Don't be a Surrender Monkey.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not and didn't intend to say Germany wasn't sending aid, what I'm saying is that I'm sick and tired of sending the lions share of our children's future. Germany has been able to build all their social programs on the back of America paying the bulk of defense,

@GtHawk

And in WHAT way is that related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Or any future plans Russia has for invading other nations,also?

all on the well you don't want us to fall back into our world domination ways do you?

We don't dominate the world military,and never have.

The only area where the US has ever dominated the world is when it comes to the wealth of our citizens and the purchasing power of our dollar. And "Yes,I WOULD like to see that happen again,but that is a separate issue at this time.

here's an article from a month ago about Germany bumping up their aid to 2 billion Euros. https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-war-germany-boosts-military-aid-budget-to-2-billion-as-it-happened/a-61483145

You DO realize Germany is much smaller nation than the US,and her economy has never been a match to ours,right? Now,I don't know how the percentage they have spend on aid to the Ukraine compares to the percentage the US has spend on Ukraine if you were to equalize the buying power of the mark versus the US dollar,and frankly I don't give a flying bleep. In case you have noticed,we are NOT Germany,and what they do as long as they are not threatening us is none of our business.

@ billion Euros, that's a whopping $2,082,380,000.00 in US dollars. So....tell me how I'm wrong about Europe not pulling their weight.

I probably could if I wanted to waste my time comparing the purchasing power of the Mark to the US Dollar and then equalize them out based on population figures,import costs for things we don't produce but need,public health needs,etc,etc,etc,but the truth is I really don't give a damn,and the only reason people like YOU care is because it gives you an argument to support your isolationist stance.

The US with this additional 40 billion will have saddled it's taxpayers and generation of children wit about 54+ billions......so far!

And of course NONE of that money would have been pissed away on things like homosexual studies,affirmative action,saving some animal in Hoduras,etc,etc,etc,right? It would have ALL been refunded to the taxpayers because Congress would have never DREAMED of pissing it away buying votes,right?

Quit dreaming up excuses,and just admit you are an isolationist,ok?

Offline GtHawk

I'm not and didn't intend to say Germany wasn't sending aid, what I'm saying is that I'm sick and tired of sending the lions share of our children's future. Germany has been able to build all their social programs on the back of America paying the bulk of defense,

@GtHawk

And in WHAT way is that related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Or any future plans Russia has for invading other nations,also?

My point is and was why the hell is America always bearing the brunt? Not we should be a leader, just not a piggy bank in lives and money for Europe.

all on the well you don't want us to fall back into our world domination ways do you?

My comment was a a rhetorical response on the part of GERMANY

We don't dominate the world military,and never have.

Nowhere will you find anything that implies I said we do. But think about it in the matter of military might, we kind of do.

The only area where the US has ever dominated the world is when it comes to the wealth of our citizens and the purchasing power of our dollar. And "Yes,I WOULD like to see that happen again,but that is a separate issue at this time.

And that's a non sequitur.

here's an article from a month ago about Germany bumping up their aid to 2 billion Euros. https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-war-germany-boosts-military-aid-budget-to-2-billion-as-it-happened/a-61483145

You DO realize Germany is much smaller nation than the US,and her economy has never been a match to ours,right? Now,I don't know how the percentage they have spend on aid to the Ukraine compares to the percentage the US has spend on Ukraine if you were to equalize the buying power of the mark versus the US dollar,and frankly I don't give a flying bleep. In case you have noticed,we are NOT Germany,and what they do as long as they are not threatening us is none of our business.

@ billion Euros, that's a whopping $2,082,380,000.00 in US dollars. So....tell me how I'm wrong about Europe not pulling their weight.

I probably could if I wanted to waste my time comparing the purchasing power of the Mark to the US Dollar and then equalize them out based on population figures,import costs for things we don't produce but need,public health needs,etc,etc,etc,but the truth is I really don't give a damn,and the only reason people like YOU care is because it gives you an argument to support your isolationist stance.

Does it somehow help you to make up things and positions I never expressed like isolationist stance?

You do realize that financially Germany is in much better shape than us and there is no excuse for them to contribute less than twenty percent than America?

The US with this additional 40 billion will have saddled it's taxpayers and generation of children wit about 54+ billions......so far!

And of course NONE of that money would have been pissed away on things like homosexual studies,affirmative action,saving some animal in Hoduras,etc,etc,etc,right? It would have ALL been refunded to the taxpayers because Congress would have never DREAMED of pissing it away buying votes,right?

Non sequitur, we are talking about American bearing the lions share of the Ukraine

Quit dreaming up excuses,and just admit you are an isolationist,ok?

Ok, that's just some real bullsquat right there! In no way have I said America should embrace isolationism  :pondering:, I said quite clearly that I am tired of America and Americans bearing the lions share of policing the world and that Europe needs to step up. Even Superman gets tired of saving the same damn kid over and over.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah,EXCELLENT IDEA!

After all,just look at how well isolation has worked for us since the beginning of America.

I hate to be the one to break this to you,but we do NOT live in a bubble. Anything major politically that happens in another 1st World Nation DOES have an effect on America.

The world has a global economy,and the bigger the nations are,the more invested we/they are in what happens in the world.

I understand that you are terrified of dying,and would rather just surrender than fight,but I have bad news for you. You ARE going to die. Everybody you know IS going to die,and this will be regardless of anything else that happens anywhere in the world,including your own home.

Don't be a Surrender Monkey.

Still a stupid, meaningless, outdated argument @sneakypete .... no matter how many words you add to this wilted salad.

Let Europe fight the wars it so loves ---- without us.  Stop surrendering the US to them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Does it somehow help you to make up things and positions I never expressed like isolationist stance?

ROFLMAO! How would YOU define "isolationism"?

Non sequitur, we are talking about American bearing the lions share of the Ukraine

Since when? So far,Europe has provided far more than we have. Especially when you consider all the aid that Biden has been promising to them wasn't even shipped until recently. Even Sweden was providing aid to them before any US aid got to them,and they have pretty much tried to remain neutral for centuries.

Yeah,the US,via Biden promises,sounded impressive,but he didn't start delivering until he was pretty much forced to deliver. MY suspicion is he was waiting for Ukraine to pay him his customary 10 percent cut,and/or he was negotiating with Russia to see how much they would pay him for NOT giving Ukraine anything.

Biden is so corrupt he almost makes the Clinton's seem like shoplifters.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Still a stupid, meaningless, outdated argument @sneakypete .... no matter how many words you add to this wilted salad.

Let Europe fight the wars it so loves ---- without us.  Stop surrendering the US to them.

@Right_in_Virginia

BOO!

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Stop Russia NOW,and they will go back home and lick their wounds as Putin and his followers end up being removed from power and MAYBE replaced by people who are not fools.

No regime "goes back home and licks their wounds."  Regimes, especially the Russians, fight to the death. And if their death is imminent, you can be pretty sure they will use their weapons of last resort.

Putin needs to be given a way out with dignity. 

“Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.”
― Sun Tzu