Author Topic: Graham: ‘If We Can Win in Ukraine and I Think We Can — We Can Stop Putin, the World Gets Better Over  (Read 924 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No regime "goes back home and licks their wounds."  Regimes, especially the Russians, fight to the death. And if their death is imminent, you can be pretty sure they will use their weapons of last resort.

Putin needs to be given a way out with dignity. 

“Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.”
― Sun Tzu

@massadvj

While I agree that Putin needs an "out" that excuses his insanity and leaves him not looking like a fool,I seriously doubt the Politburo have any interests in fighting to the end. I do think the current leaders there have no intention of giving up their life of privilege and power if they can help it. Change is going to be a slow-motion deal in Russia. The old men in leadership positions are going to have to die off until they are a minority,and then real political  change can start happening.

Which is the prime reason I agree with treating Putin with care. He currently represents Russia,and any attack that makes him look bad makes Russia look bad. Don't forget,Russia has been a "cult of personality" since long before the Communists took over.

Change is inevitable,but it's not going to happen overnight. It might take more than one generation to be completed. Don't forget,Russians have NEVER been in charge of their own destinies except for the brief spell before Putin and the communists managed to steal the next election.

I do NOT believe the Russians will launch their nukes unless some other nation is foolish enough to invade Russia. All bets are off if that happens. Change in Russia can be influenced by outsiders,but the actual change has to come from within.

Don't forget,the geezers in the Politburo have grandchildren,and the launch crews at the missile silos also have families they love. These people,especially the young officers at the launch sites know that pushing those buttons will end up in their families all dying. That is mighty powerful incentive to not push those buttons. Unless of course,as I have said before,Russia is invaded by a foreign army that threatens to take over. In that case,all bets are off.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 12:13:11 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
@massadvj

I do NOT believe the Russians will launch their nukes unless some other nation is foolish enough to invade Russia. All bets are off if that happens. Change in Russia can be influenced by outsiders,but the actual change has to come from within.

The Russians consider Ukraine to be a part of Russia.  From their point of view, they have already been invaded. 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
There is no need to be concerned, we have a one government, tyrant wannabe, bent on ruling like a utterly corrupt King of old .  Trying to suspend as MANY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF AMERICAN CITIZENS AS HE CAN, searching for dictator powers AND OPENLY ACKNOWLEDGED as DEMENTED, WITH MANY SITUATIONS WELL SUPPORTING THOSE VIEWS/ POSITIONS.
What is the differences between Adolf Hitler, and Joe Biden ?  Are they really closer than most would care to admit to?
As their locksteppers told us, anything he does is better than Pres Trump rule!  Still believe that LIE?
gOOD MEN MANY DISTRUST, EVIL WICKED MEN THEY GLADLY FOLLOW OVER THE CLIFF.  END TIMES INDEED!  It's gonna get mighty ugly, endless invented crisises included.
Of good and evil of these times, which side did you support or oppose?  It speaks volumes......
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:27:50 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

We?

Graham's only role in this is to pass legislation with the sole purpose of sending weapons to Ukraine.  And in that endeavor, he has failed miserably.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Russians consider Ukraine to be a part of Russia.  From their point of view, they have already been invaded.

@massadvj

Or so the Russian press is claiming. I seriously doubt the typical Russian thinks that. It is how they justify their invasion.

Especially not now.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!