Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 99901 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2022, 02:07:46 pm »
Zelenskiy says he is ‘ready to talk to Putin’

Volodymyr Zelenskiy has reiterated an offer to hold direct talks with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in the Ukrainian president’s fullest public comments on the prospect of peace talks in weeks.

Russia’s withdrawal from Ukraine should be a starting point for any discussions between the two leaders, Zelenskiy told Italy’s RAI 1 television, Reuters reports.

Zelenskiy said:
As president, I am ready to talk to Putin, but only to him. Without any of his intermediaries. And in the framework of dialogue, not ultimatums.

Ukraine and Russia have not held face-to-face talks since 29 March. Interfax news agency has quoted Moscow’s chief negotiator, Vladimir Medinsky, as saying peace talks were being held remotely.

Zelenskiy also ruled out suggestions that Ukraine should make concessions for the sake of securing a peace agreement that would allow Putin to save face, adding that Ukraine would not compromise over its territorial integrity.

He said:
Get out of this territory that you have occupied since February 24. This is the first clear step to talking about anything.

Source:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/may/13/russia-ukraine-war-latest-kyiv-to-hear-first-war-crimes-trial-putin-humiliating-himself-on-world-stage-truss-says-live?filterKeyEvents=false&page=with:block-627e48fa8f08493b6168c1c6#block-627e48fa8f08493b6168c1c6

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2022, 02:09:16 pm »
Russia-Ukraine war: what we know on day 79 of the invasion

A round-up of items by the Guardian:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/russia-ukraine-war-what-we-know-on-day-79-of-the-invasion

Offline bilo

« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2022, 02:15:23 pm »
I'll be surprised if Zelenskyy lives through this regardless of the outcome.

I hope he survives, but the Ukrainians have shown their success in fighting the Russians is not dependent on one man.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #353 on: May 13, 2022, 02:17:31 pm »
The Marine brigade commander thinks very highly of Elon Musk.

He should. When everyone else was trying to figure out what to do Musk made sure Ukraine's communications were not stopped.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2022, 02:19:27 pm »
I wouldn't negotiate in person ... too much risk of being poisoned by Putin.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2022, 03:00:05 pm »
Well in all honesty...since the end of the USSR and the wall coming down most of Western Europe up til now hadn't given him any reason to believe they would.

True.  People I've spoken with from the Netherlands absolutely hate the USA precisely because we armed them and paid the lion's share of the NATO armament (just try to make sense of that).  I told them to build their own stuff, I don't care.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:02:24 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2022, 03:12:47 pm »
True.  People I've spoken with from the Netherlands absolutely hate the USA precisely because we armed them and paid the lion's share of the NATO armament (just try to make sense of that).  I told them to build their own stuff, I don't care.

The Dutch are an odd group and a little arrogant at times...especially their military. When I was in Afghanistan in 2010 we were taking over for the Dutch and it was also the year they went to the World Cup championship. They had decorated the entire camp in orange and blue.

Well the Aussies we were working with didn't have much love for them either because the female dutch soldiers had been told the knuckle dragging Aussie men were going to rape them.

So that year we all cheered for Spain against the Dutch in the WC. LOL!

As far as arming them...there were European military manufacturing companies that got more than their fair share of $$$ to build licensed versions of the war materials they needed.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2022, 03:15:34 pm »

The understanding that outside of Poland and few other minor locations, that we are universally hated over there, is just more reason I have been adamant in position of staying out of that mess.  What can't this country understand that.......why hang around somewhere where you are liked, needed  or appreciated?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2022, 03:21:13 pm »
Top oligarch is secretly recorded saying Putin 'has blood cancer' as experts match his limp and extreme Covid distancing to recovery from surgery

By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
13 May 2022

Vladimir Putin is 'very ill with blood cancer', a Russian oligarch has claimed according to a new report, amid on-going speculation about the strongman's health.

An audio recording of the oligarch's comments was obtained by a Western venture capitalist and shared with New Lines magazine, the publication said.

In it, the oligarch - who has close ties to the Kremlin and named only as 'Yuri' to protect his identity - claimed a number of the health problems Putin is believed to be suffering from are linked to him having blood cancer.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10813667/Top-oligarch-secretly-recorded-saying-Putin-blood-cancer.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #359 on: May 13, 2022, 03:25:46 pm »
Top oligarch is secretly recorded saying Putin 'has blood cancer' as experts match his limp and extreme Covid distancing to recovery from surgery

By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
13 May 2022

Vladimir Putin is 'very ill with blood cancer', a Russian oligarch has claimed according to a new report, amid on-going speculation about the strongman's health.

An audio recording of the oligarch's comments was obtained by a Western venture capitalist and shared with New Lines magazine, the publication said.

In it, the oligarch - who has close ties to the Kremlin and named only as 'Yuri' to protect his identity - claimed a number of the health problems Putin is believed to be suffering from are linked to him having blood cancer.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10813667/Top-oligarch-secretly-recorded-saying-Putin-blood-cancer.html

@Kamaji

The writing is on the wall. The Kremlin is preparing the ground for forcing him out of office without having to admit he blew it when he invaded Ukraine.

Don't forget that Russia is essentially a One Party Nation again,and that party can NOT admit that THEY screwed up by supporting him and the war.

Putin is now as good as gone. The only question will be "Who will replace him?"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:27:32 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2022, 03:27:53 pm »
@Kamaji

The writing is on the wall. The Kremlin is preparing the ground for forcing him out of office without having to admit he blew it when he invaded Ukraine.

I don't think they'll force him out - I think right now they're all sitting around hoping he dies sooner rather than later.  Of course, with that possibility being real, they are less likely to take any affirmative action to get rid of him, so if he lingers for a long time, so, too, will the war in Ukraine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2022, 03:32:43 pm »

I don't think they'll force him out - I think right now they're all sitting around hoping he dies sooner rather than later.  Of course, with that possibility being real, they are less likely to take any affirmative action to get rid of him, so if he lingers for a long time, so, too, will the war in Ukraine.

@Kamaji

You are forgetting that the war and the embargo are bankrupting Russia. The ONLY hope they have of preventing riots in the streets due to food,electricity,and even water shortages is to remove Putin,blame the whole thing on him,and hope to be forgiven by the west if they retreat back into Russia.

That may be a bitter pill to swallow,but it will be easier to swallow than a revolution.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2022, 03:35:55 pm »
@Kamaji

You are forgetting that the war and the embargo are bankrupting Russia. The ONLY hope they have of preventing riots in the streets due to food,electricity,and even water shortages is to remove Putin,blame the whole thing on him,and hope to be forgiven by the west if they retreat back into Russia.

That may be a bitter pill to swallow,but it will be easier to swallow than a revolution.

Yes, but by the same token (a) the oligarchs - and the senior general staff officers - are relatively insulated from those threats, and (b) anyone who even starts taking concrete steps towards eliminating Putin stands a very high risk of being caught, and summarily shot - even if they just look like they're involved in such machinations.

It seems to me that, until and unless ordinary Russians start protesting in the streets in sufficient numbers that they can't simply be arrested and silenced in the gulag, the oligarchs and general staff will continue to sit tight and hope that nature does what they're too scared to do themselves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2022, 03:39:31 pm »
Sounds to me, if I were so inclined, "Parade Day" in Red Square would be an optimal time to strike Mother Russia.

@Cyber Liberty

There is NO SUCH CRITTER as a "Good time to strike Holy Mother Russia"!

Just in case you are one of those people who think there is such a thing as "winning a nuclear war",there ARE no winners,only survivors trying to rebuild civilization while slowly dying of radiation poisoning.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:41:06 pm by sneakypete »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2022, 03:47:03 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

There is NO SUCH CRITTER as a "Good time to strike Holy Mother Russia"!

Just in case you are one of those people who think there is such a thing as "winning a nuclear war",there ARE no winners,only survivors trying to rebuild civilization while slowly dying of radiation poisoning.

This is why I included, "if I were so inclined" to my statement.  I'm a live-and-let-live sort of person, the kind that doesn't care if the USSR wants to go to Hell with itself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2022, 04:00:53 pm »
Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
NEW - Ukraine's Zelensky will virtually join Klaus Schwab's annual meeting of the World Economic Forum.

9:58 AM · May 13, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2022, 04:40:41 pm »
The Democrats
@TheDemocrats
President Biden visited a factory in Alabama that's building missiles right here in America to provide to Ukraine. 🇺🇸

8:39 PM · May 10, 2022·

:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2022, 04:50:32 pm »
‘They were furious’: the Russian soldiers refusing to fight in Ukraine

Troops are saying no to officers, knowing that punishment is light while Russia is not technically at war

Pjotr Sauer
Thu 12 May 2022 13.58 EDT
Last modified on Fri 13 May 2022 00.28 EDT

When the soldiers of an elite Russian army brigade were told in early April to prepare for a second deployment to Ukraine, fear broke out among the ranks.

The unit, stationed in Russia’s far east during peacetime, first entered Ukraine from Belarus when the war started at the end of February and saw bitter combat with Ukrainian forces.

“It soon became clear that not everyone was onboard with it. Many of us simply did not want to go back,” said Dmitri, a member of the unit who asked not to be identified with his real name. “I want to return to my family – and not in a casket.”

Along with eight others, Dmitri told his commanders that he refused to rejoin the invasion. “They were furious. But they eventually calmed down because there wasn’t much they could do,” he said.

more
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/12/they-were-furious-the-russian-soldiers-refusing-to-fight-in-ukraine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2022, 04:51:06 pm »
This is why I included, "if I were so inclined" to my statement.  I'm a live-and-let-live sort of person, the kind that doesn't care if the USSR wants to go to Hell with itself.

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for clearing that up. You had me scared for a moment.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2022, 04:59:34 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for clearing that up. You had me scared for a moment.

@sneakypete

:beer: :beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2022, 05:19:06 pm »
Even more speculation on Putin's health; take it for what it's worth:

Vladimir Putin very ill with 'Parkinson's and schizoaffective disorder', insider claims

In recent days Vladimir Putin has been seen sat down at a public event with a blanket over his legs. The once powerful leader does not look in good shape and maybe gravely ill

By Kelly-Ann Mills, News Reporter
13 May 2022

Sources close to Vladimir Putin say the Russian leader is very ill and may be suffering from a schizoaffective disorder and have Parkinson's.

Seen in recent days sat down at a public event with a blanket over his legs, the warmongering leader does not look in good shape.

It is claimed that Putin will be going for cancer surgery very soon, with body-doubles being lined up so it looks like he is still in full control of Russia as it continues its war with Ukraine.

The Kremlin insider, who claims to have detailed knowledge of Putin’s supposed health issues, which include cancer, early Parkinson’s disease and a schizoaffective disorder.

Although there has been no official confirmation from the Russian government that the leader is unwell.

Source:  https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vladimir-putin-very-ill-parkinsons-26957354

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2022, 05:31:59 pm »
Biden defense secretary Lloyd Austin spoke for the first time to Russia's defense chief Shoigu for the first time since the conflict in Ukraine began, stressing that it was important to keep the lines of communications open and called for a ceasefire.— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) May 13, 2022

Offline bilo

« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2022, 05:50:05 pm »
Ukraine Artillery Gets A GPS Boost

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=51416

Thanks for posting that. I've been wondering how the Ukrainian's could be so accurate with their artillery fire. These weapons should be a big help to the Ukrainians when dealing with the Russian dug in positions.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2022, 05:51:57 pm »
Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

US House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) is on the House floor right now stating that the United States is at war with Russia and that, because we are “in a time of war,” Republicans shouldn’t criticize Biden.

Are you paying attention yet?

1:03 PM · May 13, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline bilo

« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2022, 05:53:50 pm »
Well in all honesty...since the end of the USSR and the wall coming down most of Western Europe up til now hadn't given him any reason to believe they would.

Biden's total failure in Afghanistan was probably the final piece in the puzzle for Putin. We are fortunate that Boris Johnson really stepped into the role our POTUS should have been in. We are seeing Johnson doing it again promising to send British troops to Finland if requested.