Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 98729 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1950 on: August 12, 2022, 12:33:59 am »
What do you think did this, @sneakypete ?

This airbase is just north of Sevastopol.   A HIMARS could reach it, but it doesn't have this much explosive power.  Six separate strikes were reported by civilian tourists in the area.  Bigtime traffic jam heading back across the Kerch strait.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1951 on: August 12, 2022, 12:58:20 am »

This airbase is just north of Sevastopol.   A HIMARS could reach it, but it doesn't have this much explosive power.  Six separate strikes were reported by civilian tourists in the area.  Bigtime traffic jam heading back across the Kerch strait.

You know we'll be blamed, right?  And I cannot say they would be wrong.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1952 on: August 12, 2022, 01:01:21 am »

Some reports, and who know what is true, say it was ground and sea missile attack, with an SF attack force follow. In war, who knows what is true? But I think we all know, 'it was a cigarette and no aircraft were damaged' line, is likely not what happened.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1953 on: August 12, 2022, 01:01:38 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1954 on: August 12, 2022, 01:02:16 am »

@Hoodat

While I AM impressed,I  honestly don't have a clue. I was just a simple grunt toting  a rifle,not a zoomie.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1955 on: August 12, 2022, 12:48:56 pm »
Russians Fleeing Crimea

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=52243

I suppose I should clarify that the Russian fleeing Crimea are not Russian soldiers but civilians.

Videos posted to social media show Russian vacationers fleeing Crimea following blasts at a military air base in the region that Moscow seized from Ukraine in 2014.

Black smoke from the Saki air base located in the west of the peninsula was visible from the nearby packed beaches after the attack on Tuesday which the Russian-appointed head of Crimea, Sergei Aksyonov, said had left one person dead and 14 injured.

The explosion sparked an exodus from the area which has been a popular holiday resort for years with videos showing people driving over the Kerch Bridge that links Crimea with the Russian territory of Krasnodar.

In one video, a woman expressed gratitude that her car was at least moving in the traffic jam, although she tearfully lamented how she had to leave Crimea.

More at link.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557397898173812737

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1956 on: August 12, 2022, 12:55:06 pm »
Glad to see rank and file Russians getting the hell out of Ukrainian Crimea.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1957 on: August 12, 2022, 01:02:09 pm »
Glad to see rank and file Russians getting the hell out of Ukrainian Crimea.

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1958 on: August 12, 2022, 01:14:45 pm »
Send Money: Ukraine Calls Again for More Funds, Arms, Munitions, Fighter Jets, to ‘Stop Russia’

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky on Thursday renewed his almost weekly call for Western nations to do more to help his besieged nation in its fight against invading Russian forces.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/08/12/send-money-ukraine-calls-again-for-more-funds-arms-munitions-fighter-jets-to-stop-russia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1959 on: August 12, 2022, 01:15:47 pm »
Weapons would be nice.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1960 on: August 12, 2022, 01:16:57 pm »
Weapons would be nice.

Only after they finish filling out all of the woke coloring books they were sent, first, and can recite all 57 genders, and their associated pronouns, without cue cards.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1961 on: August 12, 2022, 01:38:28 pm »
Weapons would be nice.

Putin losing Crimea would be huge, and probably result in his ouster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1962 on: August 12, 2022, 01:45:26 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1963 on: August 12, 2022, 03:46:14 pm »
Lawmakers are heading to Ukraine with or without White House’s approval
by Laura Kelly - 08/12/22 6:00 AM ET

Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa) didn’t give the Biden administration a chance to reject his request to travel to Ukraine when he visited Kyiv and Odesa in May.   

The former FBI agent, who helped stand up Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau in 2015, traveled with Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas), relying on a network of personal contacts and the Ukrainian government to ensure his safety.

“Me and Dan just decided to go, because we were told that [trips] were not being approved,” Fitzpatrick told The Hill in an interview in his office in late July. “So that’s why we chose that course. Dan’s a Navy SEAL, I’m an FBI agent, so we can handle ourselves.”

A member of the House committees on Intelligence and on Foreign Affairs, Fitzpatrick was intent on seeing for himself what impact U.S. assistance in the country was having following the passage of a $40 billion aid package earlier that month.

“A lot of people wanted, and still want to, go to Ukraine, a lot,” Fitzpatrick said.   

Before he went, he said he’d already got the word his trip was unlikely to be approved for support from the Biden administration. But he wasn’t going to let that stop him.   

At least one Democrat and six Republican lawmakers, including Fitzpatrick, have traveled to Ukraine independently between April and July.   

The lawmakers have made the trips without bothering to get permission from the Biden administration, which has warned of security risks. 

The administration began withholding approval over fears that security provided by the U.S. military risked a direct confrontation with Russia if American service members were wounded or killed. 

Support for Ukraine remains strong among both parties in Congress, and many members want to visit the country. 

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who traveled independently to Kyiv in July, said approval for his trip was denied because the State Department didn’t feel that it had “the footprint on the ground to take care of us.”

“We went through a system that other senators had used, and I’m hoping the administration will start supporting these trips,” Graham told The Hill. “It was a great trip. We were well taken care of. I would encourage members to go, they have a very good, reliable system.”

Some trips have won approval.   

The administration sanctioned a trip late last month for a bipartisan group of House Armed Services Committee members.

Rep. Mike Waltz (R-Fla.), who traveled on the trip, said the chairman of the committee, Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash), “had to really jump through some hoops to get that approval.”

And it earlier shepherded senior congressional leaders — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) — on visits to Kyiv.

Lawmakers who have made such trips have kept the details to themselves.     

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/3594498-lawmakers-are-heading-to-ukraine-with-or-without-white-houses-approval/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1964 on: August 12, 2022, 07:47:18 pm »

@catfish1957

Call me a starry-eyed dreamer if you want,but I honestly think it would result in a total realignment of the neo-Soviet mindset,a HUGE reduction in Russian aggression,and possibly,an end to the Cold War in Europe.

Seriously.  This could be maybe the biggest thing that happens in our life times.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1965 on: August 12, 2022, 09:39:47 pm »
@catfish1957

Call me a starry-eyed dreamer if you want,but I honestly think it would result in a total realignment of the neo-Soviet mindset,a HUGE reduction in Russian aggression,and possibly,an end to the Cold War in Europe.

Seriously.  This could be maybe the biggest thing that happens in our life times.

No, crushing the USSR and ending the threat of global thermal nuclear war along with freeing Eastern Europe from the communist tyranny was the biggest thing in our lifetimes.

I do agree with you that destroying Russia's ability to wage war would be big. If Ukraine is able to retake Kherson and kill 10's of thousands of Russians in the process we might see an end to Russia war mongering for at least another generation.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1966 on: August 13, 2022, 12:03:31 am »
No, crushing the USSR and ending the threat of global thermal nuclear war along with freeing Eastern Europe from the communist tyranny was the biggest thing in our lifetimes.

I do agree with you that destroying Russia's ability to wage war would be big. If Ukraine is able to retake Kherson and kill 10's of thousands of Russians in the process we might see an end to Russia war mongering for at least another generation.

@bilo

Now I am confused. Isn't that basically the same thing  I said?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1967 on: August 13, 2022, 07:27:03 pm »
Don't kid yourselves. Russia isn't winning this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1968 on: August 14, 2022, 03:13:52 am »

Wouldn't we need to dispose of nuclear wepons around the world to end the threat of global thermal nuclear war?

And, any interest in freeing the US from the communist tyranny of Brussels?

Asking for a friend ......

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1969 on: August 14, 2022, 04:08:28 am »
Communist tyranny of Brussels?  LOL

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1970 on: August 14, 2022, 04:17:59 am »

39 Tanks, 39 APCs, 14 artillery systems, and 22 UAVs in last four days.  Russia keeps making push in Donetsk, but attacks are being repelled.  Russian command center has left Kherson and crossed Dnieper River.   

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1971 on: August 14, 2022, 04:36:32 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1972 on: August 14, 2022, 10:05:45 am »
Communist tyranny of Brussels?  LOL

Pay attention to your real threat coming out of Europe ----- Brussels is the cradle of the WEF and the global reset.  Your not understading what's happening does not make it funny.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1973 on: August 14, 2022, 06:25:55 pm »

39 Tanks, 39 APCs, 14 artillery systems, and 22 UAVs in last four days.  Russia keeps making push in Donetsk, but attacks are being repelled. Russian command center has left Kherson and crossed Dnieper River.

As I understand it, the Ukrainians have made all the bridges leading into the region unusuable for heavy equipment. The Russians though have increased their troops there though. Hopefully the Ukrainians can prevail. If so I believe they may be close enough to attack the bridge that connects Russia with Crimea. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1974 on: August 14, 2022, 06:32:07 pm »
Pay attention to your real threat coming out of Europe ----- Brussels is the cradle of the WEF and the global reset.  Your not understading what's happening does not make it funny.

The WEF is based in Switzerland.  NATO is based in Brussels.  You not knowing that does not make it funny.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-