Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 32651 times)

Offline Kamaji

Nope.  Sorry, it does no such thing.  Another unconstitutional reach of the Supreme Court.  Keep in mind that Amendment I does not guarantee Free Speech.  It only guarantees protection from the US Congress.  And by the Fourteenth Amendment, it is only that protection that applies equally to all.

Then the Second Amendment does not apply to the states, either.

You cannot have one and not the other.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"Holy moly, Justice Alito filed a concurring opinion in the New York concealed carry case in which he just got a fat shit all over Stephen Breyer's dissent.   This is amazing."

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

Then the Second Amendment does not apply to the states, either.

You cannot have one and not the other.

Again, incorrect.  Amendment II specifically states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  Not so with Amendment I.  There is nothing in Amendment I that guarantees a right to free speech, free exercise, freedom from establishment, freedom of assembly, etc.  Read it for yourself.  There is no equal comparison between Amendment I and II.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/status/1539983183990620166

So what is the Legislature going to do?  Outlaw the US Constitution?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is still an opinion still to come that could have FAR more effect on our lives in this country than any of the others and I'm not talking about Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization .  I'm talking about West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency .
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:17:02 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Again, incorrect.  Amendment II specifically states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  Not so with Amendment I.  There is nothing in Amendment I that guarantees a right to free speech, free exercise, freedom from establishment, freedom of assembly, etc.  Read it for yourself.  There is no equal comparison between Amendment I and II.

:shrug:

If you say so, chief. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There is still an opinion still to come that could have FAR more effect on our lives in this country than any of the others and I'm not talking about Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization .  I'm talking about West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency .

What's a summary of that, @Bigun ?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What's a summary of that, @Bigun ?

Here you go @DCPatriot:

West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency is all about the federal government's ability to create environmental regulations. The challengers are a group of 27 Republican attorneys general, many from states with traditions in the fossil fuel industry, including West Virginia.

Essentially, they argue that the executive branch of government – which includes the EPA – should not be allowed to set rules and regulations around greenhouse gas emissions. Rather, it should be Congress to do so...
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/21/1106375324/supreme-court-abortion-opinion-guns-epa-remain-mexico[/size]

IF they rule as I think they will, it would be the beginning of the end for the administrative state.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

So what is the Legislature going to do?  Outlaw the US Constitution?

I wish they would secede, and take their clown show to Canada. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Here you go @DCPatriot:
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/21/1106375324/supreme-court-abortion-opinion-guns-epa-remain-mexico

IF they rule as I think they will, it would be the beginning of the end for the administrative state.

Thanks, @Bigun

Seems like a no-brainer and would expect an 7-2 majority...or bigger.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks, @Bigun

Seems like a no-brainer and would expect an 7-2 majority...or bigger.   :laugh:

It SHOULD be 9-0 but you can bet your @$$ it won't be! @DCPatriot

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

:shrug:

If you say so, chief.

The Amendments themselves say so.

Amendment I - Congress shall make no law . . . . .

Amendment II - Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The two are different.  There is nothing in Amendment I that says the right to free speech shall not be infringed - only that Congress can't infringe it.  States can make it illegal to shout "FIRE" in a crowded movie house.  The US Congress cannot.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

The Amendments themselves say so.

Amendment I - Congress shall make no law . . . . .

Amendment II - Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The two are different.  There is nothing in Amendment I that says the right to free speech shall not be infringed - only that Congress can't infringe it.  States can make it illegal to shout "FIRE" in a crowded movie house.  The US Congress cannot.

If you say so, chief

Offline Hoodat

If you say so, chief

It's not me that says it.  It is what the Amendments say.  I choose to go by what they actually say, not by what you wish it said.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Nothing changes today": New York City Mayor Eric Adams responds to Supreme Court decision to overturn New York concealed gun law, adding "we cannot allow New York to become the wild, wild west."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1540011419592163330

Offline Hoodat

"Nothing changes today": New York City Mayor Eric Adams responds to Supreme Court decision to overturn New York concealed gun law, adding "we cannot allow New York to become the wild, wild west."

S E D I T I O N

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

It's not me that says it.  It is what the Amendments say.  I choose to go by what they actually say, not by what you wish it said.

If you say so, chief

Offline Kamaji

Odds on whether the Dobbs opinion comes out today?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Odds on whether the Dobbs opinion comes out today?

Is this the last day of the session?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is this the last day of the session?
Whenever that day is that will be the day.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

It's after 9am, and the S.C.'s server is still easy to get docs from, and there are no new opinions listed, so my guess is that today will not be the day.

Offline Hoodat

I vote 'yes'.  It is rare for them to release decisions on Friday, much less announce it.  But they already announced decision(s) would be released today.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Doesn't look like there'll be any opinions out today.