Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 32372 times)

Online Hoodat

SCOTUS will be releasing more case(s) tomorrow, which is highly unusual for a Friday.  I suspect Dobbs will be dropped, as the Conservative Justices and their families are heading out of town.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
DU is verklempt.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142933599

Oh my.  Those people are nucking futz over there!  My God.... insanity and dementia runs rampant
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Oh my.  Those people are nucking futz over there!  My God.... insanity and dementia runs rampant

That has LONG been the case, my friend!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JacPosobiec

SUPREME COURT: "Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms"

🔥🔥🔥

11:14 AM · Jun 23, 2022·Twitter Web App

Let's hope these same judges also find that nothing in the 2nd Amendment's text draws a right for the government to confiscate a gun based on gossip without due process when the Red Flag laws hit their desks.

Online Hoodat

For all the trolls here who gave Mary Trump a forum to lie about her brother uncle:

https://twitter.com/MaryLTrump/status/1539985464320573442

These people are enemies of the US Constitution.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 03:46:10 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Court should have simply ruled on his execution petition itself instead of expanding the vehicle for its legality.

:yowsa: @Hoodat Absolutely!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 333cleo
DU is verklempt.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142933599

Didn't know Skinner's Folly still exists...that was an entertaining read.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Have you even read the Constitution?

Neal Katyal
@neal_katyal

Gonna be very weird if Supreme Court ends a constitutional right to obtain an abortion next week, saying it should be left to the States to decide, right after it just imposed a constitutional right to concealed carry of firearms, saying it cannot be left to the States to decide

11:17 AM · Jun 23, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
333cleo
Didn't know Skinner's Folly still exists...that was an entertaining read.

How anyone can find the ravings of lunatics entertaining is beyond me but to each his own!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How anyone can find the ravings of lunatics entertaining is beyond me but to each his own!

I like explody heads.   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

For all the trolls here who gave Mary Trump a forum to lie about her brother: ......

Her uncle.....

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

CLARENCE THOMAS: "The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not 'a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees'."

11:31 AM · Jun 23, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

CLARENCE THOMAS: “Thus, even though the Second Amendment’s definition of “arms” is fixed according to its historical understanding, that general definition covers modern instruments that facilitate armed self-defense”.

11:38 AM · Jun 23, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Erick Erickson
@EWErickson

I love that Justice Thomas went there. LOL.

11:03 AM · Jun 23, 2022  Twitter for iPad

Online Hoodat

Erick Erickson
@EWErickson

I love that Justice Thomas went there. LOL.

11:03 AM · Jun 23, 2022  Twitter for iPad

Game, Set, Match !!!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

"Governor Kathy Hochul, reacting to the 2A ruling, says "we can have restrictions on speech. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater.   That line "comes from another SCOTUS case that justified putting anti-war activists in prison and the precedent was overturned over 50 years ago.
(Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1539986249607520256

Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

JUSTICE ALITO RESPONDS TO LIBERALS CITING MASS SHOOTINGS: "how does the dissent account for the fact that one of the mass shootings near the top of its list took place in Buffalo? The New York law at issue in this case obviously did not stop that perpetrator."

11:08 AM · Jun 23, 2022·Twitter Web App

"Holy moly, Justice Alito filed a concurring opinion in the New York concealed carry case in which he just got a fat shit all over Stephen Breyer's dissent.   This is amazing."

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1539984804258758656

More decisions are due out tomorrow (Friday)

Online Hoodat

"Governor Kathy Hochul, reacting to the 2A ruling, says "we can have restrictions on speech.

The Constitution does not prohibit States from banning free speech.  It does prohibit States from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

"Holy moly, Justice Alito filed a concurring opinion in the New York concealed carry case in which he just got a fat shit all over Stephen Breyer's dissent.   This is amazing."

https://twitter.com/BigStubby42/status/1539994332090044416

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

The Constitution does not prohibit States from banning free speech.  It does prohibit States from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms.

Actually, the Constitution does prohibit states from banning free speech.  The First Amendment applies to the states the same way that the Second Amendment does - via incorporation through the 14th Amendment.

Online Hoodat

Actually, the Constitution does prohibit states from banning free speech.  The First Amendment applies to the states the same way that the Second Amendment does - via incorporation through the 14th Amendment.

Nope.  Sorry, it does no such thing.  Another unconstitutional reach of the Supreme Court.  Keep in mind that Amendment I does not guarantee Free Speech.  It only guarantees protection from the US Congress.  And by the Fourteenth Amendment, it is only that protection that applies equally to all.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-