Author Topic: Disney exec wants half its characters to be LGBTQIA, minorities by end of year  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Disney exec wants half its characters to be LGBTQIA, minorities by end of year
NY Post, Mar 30, 2022

A Disney executive has vowed to drastically increase inclusivity in its productions, promising that at least 50 percent of its characters will be LGBTQ or racial minorities by the end of the year.

Karey Burke, president of Disney’s General Entertainment Content, said the company must do more to make its content more inclusive in a company-wide Zoom call Monday that was later posted to Twitter.

“I’m here as a mother of two queer children, actually,” Burke said on the call. “One transgender child and one pansexual child, and also as a leader.”

Burke said she supports featuring “many, many” characters who are LGBTQIA, which stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex, and asexual (or allies).

By the end of the year, Burke said she wants at least half of the entertainment giant’s characters to be LGBTQIA or racial minorities.

The Disney honcho said she had been dismayed to learn from a colleague that the company only had a “handful” of queer lead characters in its content.

“And I went, ‘What? That can’t be true,’” Burke said. “And I realized it actually is true. We have many, many, many LGBTQIA characters in our stories and yet we don’t have enough leads and narratives in which gay characters just get to be characters and not have to be about gay stories.”

The call was part of Disney’s “Reimagine Tomorrow” campaign, according to the video posted on Twitter Tuesday.

More:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/disney-executive-wants-more-lgbtqia-minority-character/

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 05:58:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

One transgender child and one pansexual child

No such animals, just young, vulnerable children being abused by their parents for ulterior political motives.  They should be removed from her "care" immediately.

'Disney's activism partner Nadine Smith of Equality Florida tells LGBTQ employees that @GovRonDeSantis and @ChristinaPushaw
 want to "erase you, "criminalize your existence," and "take your kids"—a wild conspiracy theory that Republicans want to kidnap gay people's children.'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1508939718288936967

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is absolute predatory, grooming pedophilia specifically targeting children to sexualize them for future abuse and exploitation by the LGBTQSNAFUBAR community.

It's basically little more than creating pedophile human trafficking rings.
The Republic is lost.

And this is Disney, too .....

"Tucker Carlson & @realchrisrufo  Discussing Disney's Embrace Of Wokeness & Documents Obtained By Chris Rufo Showing Disney's Anti-American & Anti-White Training Sessions For Employees"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1390843143143124998

"Disney diversity and inclusion manager Vivian Ware says the company has eliminated all mentions of "ladies," "gentlemen," "boys," and "girls" in its theme parks in order to create "that magical moment" for children who do not identify with traditional gender roles."   (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1508937431520890888

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

It's time for Conservatives to move past being shocked by the Left's latest addition to their perverse agenda and time to
start actively thwarting it.

10:55 PM · Mar 29, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline Kamaji

Quite honestly, their new stuff has been getting rather boring, so it won't be much of a loss if I drop the rest of it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And yet when I say Disney is anti family I get  *****rollingeyes***** 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Disney diversity and inclusion manager Vivian Ware says the company has eliminated all mentions of "ladies," "gentlemen," "boys," and "girls" in its theme parks in order to create "that magical moment" for children who do not identify with traditional gender roles."   (Video)

So how do they label the bathrooms?  Do we get to be confused about which bathroom to use now?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

So how do they label the bathrooms?  Do we get to be confused about which bathroom to use now?

And what about the vast majority of kids who would prefer the traditional honorifics?

Offline Kamaji

And yet when I say Disney is anti family I get  *****rollingeyes***** 

It's definitely become anti-family.

Offline GtHawk

It's definitely become anti-family.
It started it's shift after Walt died, it went from slow roll into hyperspeed the last decade.

Offline rustynail

to create "that magical moment" ....that what they call genital exposure?

Offline andy58-in-nh

https://mobile.twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1508937431520890888

Congratulations, Disney.

You've managed to turn an industry designed to embrace innocent wonder and imagination into a celebration of perversion. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

And what about the vast majority of kids who would prefer the traditional honorifics?
What are some sort of sicko? It's obvious that those children have abusive parents who are keeping their children from accepting Disney's version of reality and if they cannot conform they can just go somewhere else! There is no room for traditional American family values in Disney imagineering's socialengineering's version of America.

Online DB

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Man, I hope Jessica Rabbit isn't a dude ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Get woke, go broke!
You would think that after thousands of companies doing this nonsense before them, they would have enough examples by now to know that IT DOES NOT WORK!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Congratulations, Disney.

You've managed to turn an industry designed to embrace innocent wonder and imagination into a celebration of perversion.

Very well said...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man, I hope Jessica Rabbit isn't a dude ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Well she could be drawn that way....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 09:00:42 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Congratulations, Disney.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In the future, if want to see something from Disney, I'll put on "Song of the South".
Much more in tune with my way of thinkin'...
(and yes, you can still find it if you know where to look...)

Offline cato potatoe

In the future, if want to see something from Disney, I'll put on "Song of the South".
Much more in tune with my way of thinkin'...
(and yes, you can still find it if you know where to look...)

They are in the process of wiping it from their theme parks, along with every other experience people valued.  Disney needs to focus on revitalizing their intellectual property, instead of replacing it with check-the-box mediocrity.  Children could benefit from the sort of entertainment they USED to provide.