Author Topic: Disney exec wants half its characters to be LGBTQIA, minorities by end of year  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Kamaji

Here's the ultimate irony:  Disney is forbidding the use of terms like ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, all while getting itself worked up into a lather because Florida law will no longer permit kindergarten and grade school teachers to indoctrinate little children in gender ideology without their parents' knowledge and permission.

:facepalm2:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Get woke, go broke!
You would think that after thousands of companies doing this nonsense before them, they would have enough examples by now to know that IT DOES NOT WORK!
You misjudge the masses who practically beg to throw idiotic sums of money into the mousetrap known as Disneyland, raise ticket prices every other year, ridiculous parking fees, rape your captive audience with outrageous food and beverage fees and what do you get? People begging to be let in and spend spend spend for a crappy experience.

Offline roamer_1

You misjudge the masses who practically beg to throw idiotic sums of money into the mousetrap known as Disneyland, raise ticket prices every other year, ridiculous parking fees, rape your captive audience with outrageous food and beverage fees and what do you get? People begging to be let in and spend spend spend for a crappy experience.

Not me, so...  :shrug:

I can't tell you a dang thing Disney has produced since the old standby's from the 50's and 60's. Just no part of my life whatsoever.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She needs to get out of California for a while,and see how real people live.

I also HAVE to think she is in for a rough ride come the next stockholders meeting,when it takes 100 shares of Disney stock to buy a canned Pepsi.

Living a rich fantasy life may be fun for her and the loons she runs with,but stockholders meetings are where the rubber meets the road.

BTW,who the HELL is she related to that has the power to give  a loon like that a senior management position?

Is George Soros a major Disney stock holder?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online cato potatoe

I can't tell you a dang thing Disney has produced since the old standby's from the 50's and 60's. Just no part of my life whatsoever.

Plenty of solid animated films, though the past several years have gotten edgy, subversive, and often lazy.

Offline roamer_1

Plenty of solid animated films, though the past several years have gotten edgy, subversive, and often lazy.

I was feeling that pretty much in the 80s... Add to that the rather hostile environment toward Christianity and the normalization of pagan and occult themes, and well... Just ain't nothing there for me and mine.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

The Mandolarian is pretty good.

Mostly because of Baby Yoda,but the special effects are first class.

There was something else that I was watching too,but I can't remember the title right now.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

The Mandolarian is pretty good.

Mostly because of Baby Yoda,but the special effects are first class.

There was something else that I was watching too,but I can't remember the title right now.

A whole lot of that stuff I see differently @sneakypete . The occult and pagan references that go right by most folks I see plain as day... My own baggage I know, but I can't unsee it.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Congratulations, Disney.

You've managed to turn an industry designed to embrace innocent wonder and imagination into a celebration of perversion.
Well put. They have also guaranteed I will never pay for their feed.

Adios, Mickey Rat!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Congratulations, Disney.

You've managed to turn an industry designed to embrace innocent wonder and imagination into a celebration of perversion. 

Couldn't of said it better myself. My wife took the kids to Disney (despite my objections) years ago, now she sees the light of their true colors (perverting the Rainbow as God intended).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A whole lot of that stuff I see differently @sneakypete . The occult and pagan references that go right by most folks I see plain as day... My own baggage I know, but I can't unsee it.  :shrug:

@roamer_1

If you say so,but I just don't get it. Occult stuff creeps me out,but I can handle Pagan stuff on occasion. Not what I would call a fan of it,though. Mostly depends on if it is just a part of the story "scenery",or the main focus.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

If you say so,but I just don't get it. Occult stuff creeps me out,but I can handle Pagan stuff on occasion. Not what I would call a fan of it,though. Mostly depends on if it is just a part of the story "scenery",or the main focus.

@sneakypete

I get that... It's how it's canned. Often made to look good, even... Part of the every-day. Which I think is the point. But I can say with authority that what they call 'new age' is not new at all, but rather something ancient and seething.

Not belaboring the point - I know your predilections - And quite honestly, most educated Christians do not see it. No one knows the old school stuff and no one dwells upon the occult vs. Christian/Judaic battle lines.

Just weirdo geeks like me.  :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Just weirdo geeks like me.  :seeya:

@roamer_1

Well,everybody needs a hobby. It keeps us from focusing too much on our own problems as we age.

"Golden Years" my big red ass!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Well,everybody needs a hobby. It keeps us from focusing too much on our own problems as we age.

"Golden Years" my big red ass!

LOL! That's right.  :beer:

Online GtHawk

My BIL has worked for the Anaheim Disneyland for close to forty years and gets frees passes, when our grandson was little we would take him around once a year or so. The last time was over seven years ago on Wednesday and the park was so crowded you could barely move let alone get on any rides and prices were thru the roof. The only reason I know the crap they put out for kids now is because of my grandkids and This ain't the Disney I grew up with!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Husband of a certified Disney addict here, AMA.

Offline roamer_1

My BIL has worked for the Anaheim Disneyland for close to forty years and gets frees passes, when our grandson was little we would take him around once a year or so. The last time was over seven years ago on Wednesday and the park was so crowded you could barely move let alone get on any rides and prices were thru the roof. The only reason I know the crap they put out for kids now is because of my grandkids and This ain't the Disney I grew up with!

I have never understood the need to go to such places. There's a six flags over in Idaho... drug my fam over there one time. Was absolutely the worst time we ever had. And it cost me 1500 bucks. Utter crap.

See, I can load everybody up and go out to the woods and have a high ol time for maybe 50 bucks and everyone will find it grand... And part of that 50 is s'mores, which makes every day THE BEST.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have never understood the need to go to such places. There's a six flags over in Idaho... drug my fam over there one time. Was absolutely the worst time we ever had. And it cost me 1500 bucks. Utter crap.

See, I can load everybody up and go out to the woods and have a high ol time for maybe 50 bucks and everyone will find it grand... And part of that 50 is s'mores, which makes every day THE BEST.

My deceased SIL worked at Disneyland for some years, so Mrs. Liberty went there many time (like 50).  She calls it the "most miserable place on earth."  And this was back in the 80's. 

It took months for most parents to undo the disciplinary damage caused by a day or two of strangers catering to the whims of the little monsters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

My deceased SIL worked at Disneyland for some years, so Mrs. Liberty went there many time (like 50).  She calls it the "most miserable place on earth."  And this was back in the 80's. 

It took months for most parents to undo the disciplinary damage caused by a day or two of strangers catering to the whims of the little monsters.

Too many people for me. Heck, I have a pretty hard time going to high school football, softball, or the local race track. Even bars. I much prefer a fire and a tailgate.

Offline libertybele

My daughter has a girlfriend with 5 autistic children.  Her friend takes those kids to Disney several times a year.  I'm doubting that she'll continue to do so. Such a shame.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yeah not a fan. My wife likes Disney and they're generally hot, overcrowded, high (or over) priced. You have to do a shit ton of walking. Your feet hurt. The parks are pretty well done though, clean, imaginative, amazing engineering.

The Disney cruise was pretty good though, I'll say that.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah not a fan. My wife likes Disney and they're generally hot, overcrowded, high (or over) priced. You have to do a shit ton of walking. Your feet hurt. The parks are pretty well done though, clean, imaginative, amazing engineering.

The Disney cruise was pretty good though, I'll say that.

And how many s'mores? ZERO.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I just love it that Disney is so entrenched in Florida it cannot move elsewhere and now must obey the law or get fined or incarcerated.

Burke is the first one I would put in stripes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

I just love it that Disney is so entrenched in Florida it cannot move elsewhere and now must obey the law or get fined or incarcerated.

Burke is the first one I would put in stripes.

Add to that California shut down Disney Land for two years I believe... The losses there were huge...

Online GtHawk

Add to that California shut down Disney Land for two years I believe... The losses there were huge...
They were closed for about a year, I don't care about their losses but that cornhole Noisome did irreparable harm to tens of thousands or maybe more amusement park employees in California. Disney brought my BIL back to work part time because there was supposed to be a deal with Noisome to reopen but Noisome played the part of Lucy pulling the football away. So what happened is that my BIL no longer got unemployment with the extra cash and had to get by on less than 40 hours each week.