Author Topic: Mayors urge homeless to get off streets as ‘cold-blooded killer’ stalks NYC, DC  (Read 805 times)

Offline Kamaji

Mayors urge homeless to get off streets as ‘cold-blooded killer’ stalks NYC, DC

By Joe Marino, Larry Celona, Kenneth Garger and Mark Lungariello
March 14, 2022

The mayors of New York City and Washington, DC urged their cities’ homeless populations to seek shelter Sunday as a “cold-blooded killer” who had shot at least five vagrants remained on the loose.

A lone gunman is suspected of targeting sleeping homeless men in a series of shootings in DC and the Big Apple this month that has so far left two men dead and three others wounded.

New York Mayor Eric Adams and DC Mayor Muriel Bowser said they were coordinating with federal authorities to investigate the crimes before he strikes again.

“The work to get this individual off our streets before he hurts or murders another individual is urgent,” the two said in a statement released just before midnight.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/nyc-dc-mayors-adams-bowser-urge-homeless-to-get-off-streets-to-avoid-shooter/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So two different cities? Are we talking one shooter or two?

If two, then is it coincidence, copycat, or coordination?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

So two different cities? Are we talking one shooter or two?

If two, then is it coincidence, copycat, or coordination?

The report says that it's a single gunman.  It doesn't take that long to travel from D.C. to NYC, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sounds like a plot to a 1970s Dirty Harry movie.

Has anyone thought of letting the homeless arm themselves since the police are no longer allowed to enforce laws?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

I've watched "Criminal Minds" almost never, but am pretty sure this was the plot of one of the few episodes I did see.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I've watched "Criminal Minds" almost never, but am pretty sure this was the plot of one of the few episodes I did see.
I was thinking Law & Order SUV, where anyone 'special' is always a victim and the perps are usually straight and if possible White males, being a nazi type is a bonus.

Offline Kamaji

I think I remember that episode.

Offline berdie

I never watched the show until recent reruns. It's creepy and I will often turn it off mid episode.
Ironically, this plot line was one of the episodes last week. Of course, the homeless deaths were far more brutal  than a gunshot.

After reading this headline, it makes me wonder if kooks think...Hey that's a great idea!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Mayors urge homeless to get off streets

Uhhhhhh..........

No wonder those people are Mayors. They just ain't smart enough to do anything else.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Really good show once you realize the "stars" on the show are just there to push the plots and introduce the guest anchors.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was thinking Law & Order SUV, where anyone 'special' is always a victim and the perps are usually straight and if possible White males, being a nazi type is a bonus.

@GtHawk

Really? I think I have watched every episode of SVU and didn't get that message at all.

Online mountaineer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Suspect in Custody in Murders of Homeless Men in NYC, DC
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 10:59:14 am »

Two homeless men were shot in Manhattan early Saturday, one fatally, and three men were attacked in Washington in the days prior

A man suspected of shooting five homeless men in New York City and Washington, D.C., was arrested early Tuesday following a multistate manhunt, the Metropolitan Police Department said.

Two of the victims were killed, including a man found shot to death on a Manhattan street and one found in a burning tent in Northeast D.C.

The NYPD also confirmed the man was apprehended in Washington and commended teamwork by multiple law enforcement agencies in bringing him in.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/suspect-arrested-in-murders-of-homeless-men-in-nyc-dc/3599068/

Ping @Kamaji
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Looks like a white nationalist to me.
Definitely.

Offline Kamaji

Looks like a white nationalist to me.

All the photos I've seen are indeterminate so far.

Offline MOD4

Topics merged.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Suspected Gunman in Serial NYC, DC Homeless Attacks Caught While Roaming Streets Again: Official

They caught him.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/suspect-arrested-in-murders-of-homeless-men-in-nyc-dc/3599068/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

Suspected Gunman in Serial NYC, DC Homeless Attacks Caught While Roaming Streets Again: Official

They caught him.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He looks pretty fly for a white guy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

John Kerry has some spare bedrooms for the homeless in his mansion on Nantucket.  Send them there.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Really? I think I have watched every episode of SVU and didn't get that message at all.
Oh, sorry I didn't know a response to this story required it be based in reality. But then I stopped watching shows that were non stop victimhood long ago because....real life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh, sorry I didn't know a response to this story required it be based in reality. But then I stopped watching shows that were non stop victimhood long ago because....real life.

@GtHawk

Uhhhh,ok.

Online mountaineer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.