Author Topic: U.S. EPA’s Revised Water Rule Expands Federal Control over Private and State Lands  (Read 232 times)

rebewranger

U.S. EPA’s Revised Water Rule Expands Federal Control over Private and State Lands

Kevin Stone
March 10, 2022

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Army Corps) announced they are revising, once again, the definition of “waters of the United States.” The Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule detailed the federal government’s authority under the 1972 Clean Water Act (CWA) to regulate wetlands across the nation on federal, state, private lands.

According to the November 18, 2021, announcement, the EPA and the Army Corps are effectively re-instituting the pre-2015 understanding of WOTUS as defined under the Obama administration that had been replaced under President Donald Trump.

It may seem surprising to some since the Obama-era WOTUS rule never actually came into effect. It was blocked by multiple federal courts when challenged my multiple states and private sector interests. The courts found the WOTUS rule expanded federal authority over private and state land beyond what the CWA, and Supreme Court rulings, allowed.

Republicans Object

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/03/u-s-epas-revised-water-rule-expands-federal-control-over-private-and-state-lands/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sh*t.

More unConstitutional overreach. (Government owns even rainwater).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

The executive branch needs to be put back in it's very tiny box....

Online Smokin Joe

The executive branch needs to be put back in it's very tiny box....
The current occupants need to go play on the swing set and let the adults take over again.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The current occupants need to go play on the swing set and let the adults take over again.
Ahem, did you say swing set? May I suggest...

Online Smokin Joe

Ahem, did you say swing set? May I suggest...
I see double meanings are not lost on you. 888high58888

C S Lewis