Author Topic: Baseball 2022 - The Season is a-Go! ⚾  (Read 24242 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Baseball 2022 - The Season is a-Go! ⚾
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2022, 03:50:26 am »
Scherzer is fricasseed, but the Mets are still on the hook for $87M over the next two years.  Now the pressure is on deGrom --- if he tanks, one of them will be dumped so the Mets can sign a home run hitter.

11-5 with a 2.29 era and a sub 1 WHIP?

Doesn't sound too fricasseed to me.   Tonight seemed like a location issue to me.  But again ther might be no chance for redemption in a 3 game series

As far as the Mets downfall, I'd figured it would have been their long relief.  Starters are pretty sound.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2022, 04:27:49 am »
Doesn't sound too fricasseed to me.   Tonight seemed like a location issue to me.  But again ther might be no chance for redemption in a 3 game series

He also bombed in the huge series in Atlanta last weekend.  Supposedly he had a dead arm at the end of last year, and was out of a month and a half this time.  Between he and deGrom, they get one full season for $78M.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2022, 07:52:58 pm »
CLE- TB 0-0 in the 12th.

Rays have 5 hits in 21 innings.  Ugh....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2022, 09:12:52 pm »
Cleveland INDIANS walk it off in the 15th inning 1-0

Advance to the ALDS vs the New York Yankees!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2022, 01:04:44 am »
Can anyone tell me what happened to Easy Ace?

Offline cato potatoe

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2022, 03:22:40 am »
Can anyone tell me what happened to Easy Ace?

@goatprairie

I miss him. I think he's still writing for his publication, but I don't know the name of it.

Edited to add:

Found him! https://throneberryfields.com/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 03:35:48 am by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2022, 05:26:44 am »
So much for my bracket in the WC round.  1 for 4.

Biggest shock are the Mets getting bumped.  Starters were tagged for 12 earned runs in 14 innings.

Kind of like the Rays bats going dead, the Mets arms did too.

ALDS and NLDS rounds are now

ALDS-

Yankees v. Guardians Indians
Astros v. M's.

NLDS

Braves v. Phillies
Dodgers v. Padres

And as usual MLB screws over the non-Yankee Dodger fans, by giving those teams (Dodgers and Yankees)  prime time slots both nights of Games 1 & 2.

FU MLB......

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2022, 03:14:43 pm »
The EarGate breakdown is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm3HmHilMO8
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2022, 03:19:00 pm »
The fact MLB has put on the knee pads for the Yankees and Dodgers  for favorable TV scheduling has gotten my post season off to a sour start.

Manfred sucks.....

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2022, 03:23:25 pm »
The EarGate breakdown is out.

No truth the Umps are part Feringi.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2022, 06:46:28 pm »
Road teams continue to rule lately.....

NLDS G1- 

Phillies 6 Braves 1 in the middle of the 4th.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2022, 08:10:02 pm »
@catfish1957
@Polly Ticks
@AllThatJazzZ

As we all laugh at the "ear" shine substance check, I want to remind you why there is a strong distaste in my mouth for Molina of the St. Louis Cards.

CARDS' pitchers didn't have to worry about getting caught because Molina put the goo on his chest protector.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f6PpBKWbmE

"Blind people would come to the park, just to hear him pitch!"  -- Reggie Jackson on Tom Seaver.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2022, 08:24:20 pm »
I'm not digging the expanded playoff.  What is the point of playing 162 games if some team can stink it up, get hot for a short series in October, and eliminate a team that dominated their division?  The lolMets won 101 games, tied for first place ... but Scherzer throws a couple of meatballs to the Padres, and bye bye?  It all seems pretty silly.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2022, 08:26:02 pm »

As we all laugh at the "ear" shine substance check, I want to remind you why there is a strong distaste in my mouth for Molina of the St. Louis Cards.

Molina came across like a thug.  Good riddance he's retired.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2022, 08:30:42 pm »
I'm not digging the expanded playoff.  What is the point of playing 162 games if some team can stink it up, get hot for a short series in October, and eliminate a team that dominated their division?  The lolMets won 101 games, tied for first place ... but Scherzer throws a couple of meatballs to the Padres, and bye bye?  It all seems pretty silly.

MLB has gone full NBA. 

This format?  and 5 days off for Byes?, Look already the Braves are losing, and Verlander gets rockedfor 4 earned runs in 2 innings?

Got to wonder how the layoff is impacting the teams.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2022, 08:37:49 pm »
MLB has gone full NBA. 

This format?  and 5 days off for Byes?, Look already the Braves are losing, and Verlander gets rockedfor 4 earned runs in 2 innings?

LOL!  I agree with you totally. 

Congratulations!  You did so much better than the others, we're rewarding you with 5 days of sitting on your asses and screwing up your coordination, timing and vision (this isn't a video game)

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2022, 09:09:23 pm »
MLB has gone full NBA. 

Like Bud Selig, all Manfred cares about is money.  He would sell you his daughter for $5.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2022, 09:32:23 pm »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2022, 04:23:53 pm »
Having my roof replaced today. It's loud and driving me nuts, so I'll quickly pop in to share this before I leave the house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yaYIB0pxsE

It couldn't have been scripted any better. Verlander was off his game like I've never witness. I'd have pulled him after the 3rd but he pitched 4. Altuve was 0 for 4. We had our moments, still the Mariners were pretty much having their way with us. But the Astros! Just sayin'. Everything aligned just right for this outcome. Such a thrill!

Leaving the house now before the noise drives me mad. I'll catch up later.

P.S. @Polly Ticks Thought the Braves were going to come back. Next time.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2022, 04:29:16 pm »
Having my roof replaced today. It's loud and driving me nuts, so I'll quickly pop in to share this before I leave the house:

It couldn't have been scripted any better. Verlander was off his game like I've never witness. I'd have pulled him after the 3rd but he pitched 4. Altuve was 0 for 4. We had our moments, still the Mariners were pretty much having their way with us. But the Astros! Just sayin'. Everything aligned just right for this outcome. Such a thrill!

@AllThatJazzZ
And people say baseball is boring.  :shrug:

I think my Braves were a little rusty, but started to shake it off a bit late in the game.  Hopefully they'll be a little bit sharper today ... assuming the rain doesn't mess things up too badly.

Good luck with the roof.  We had ours done last summer and I think I finally got rid of the headache a few weeks ago!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2022, 05:48:32 pm »
I left work early to watch the last of the Astros-Mariners game.
It was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2022, 05:50:45 pm »
The Cardies went out fast. Guess I'll root for anyone but the Stankees.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2022, 07:46:59 pm »
I left work early to watch the last of the Astros-Mariners game.
It was one of the best games I've ever seen.

3 games in Astos post season history are epic in my eyes....

Yesterday....

Game 6 of the '17 WS when we won 13-12 in extra innings and

Games 6 of the 1986 NLCS when we lost to the Mets 7-6 in 16 innings.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2022, 09:24:55 pm »

@AllThatJazzZ

I had my roof replaced last year. I had my roof replaced shortly after I bought the house. So last year that roof was 30 yrs old so I knew it was time. It had gone thru several hurricanes and many hailstorms without a leak. So I tried to get the same crew to do the job again. Well they were all busy, but I was able to hire the son of the head roofer. 30 yrs ago they had up to 10 men working at a time and did it all in one day except hauling trash the next day. This time it was done by the son, his wife and son(sometimes) and an occasional helper. This time my roof also had to be redecked as it had been "asphalt over cedar" for a long time. It took him around 2 weeks, but he did a jam up job. That was all I cared about. Time was not an issue. I paid him for the job, not the hours.