Author Topic: Baseball 2022 - The Season is a-Go! ⚾  (Read 23876 times)

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Baseball 2022 - The Season is a-Go! ⚾
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2022, 03:04:39 pm »
@Polly Ticks

I'm just going to leave this right here.

:beer:

Very impressive. Gotta admit that earlier in the year I thought Atlanta was in deep yogurt. Then I watched as they slowly started climbing out of the hole. We'll see who finally wins the division, but my money's on Atlanta. I wouldn't mind another Astros-Braves WS, but with an entirely different outcome this year.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2022, 05:45:51 pm »
@Polly Ticks

:beer:

Very impressive. Gotta admit that earlier in the year I thought Atlanta was in deep yogurt. Then I watched as they slowly started climbing out of the hole. We'll see who finally wins the division, but my money's on Atlanta. I wouldn't mind another Astros-Braves WS, but with an entirely different outcome this year.

I wouldn't mind an exact repeat!
 :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2022, 06:09:45 pm »
Best of three starts tomorrow afternoon:

Rays @ Indians
Phillies @ Cardinals
Mariners @ Blue Jays
Cardinals @ lolMets
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 06:11:51 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2022, 06:26:48 pm »

Rays @ Indians
Phillies @ Cardinals
Mariners @ Blue Jays
Cardinals @ lolMets

I'm not convinced the Mets are the lolMets this year.  They actually had a good team and played well ... mostly.  Our guys just also are a good team and played well.  In any case, PLAY BALL!!

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2022, 07:30:52 pm »

Rays @ Indians
Phillies @ Cardinals
Mariners @ Blue Jays
Cardinals @ lolMets

Knew the Cardinals were pretty good, but playing in two series in NLWC round is a pretty significant feat.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2022, 08:41:35 pm »
Agh!  Sorry - Padres are scheduled to beat the Mets.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2022, 10:07:47 pm »
Agh!  Sorry - Padres are scheduled to beat the Mets.

I sure hope that is the result. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2022, 10:11:05 pm »
How about those Cincinnati Red Legs?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2022, 05:35:10 pm »
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2022, 05:43:24 pm »
My prognostication....

ALWC-

Guardians over Rays 2-0
Jays over Mariners 2-1

NLWC-

Cardinals over Phillies 2-1
Mets over Padres 2-0

ALDS-

Yankees over Guardians 3-2
Astros over Jays 3-1

NLDS-

Braves over Cardinals 3-0
Mets over Dodgers 3-2

ALCS-

Astros over Yankees 4-2
Braves over Mets 4-3

World Series

Braves over Astros 4-3

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2022, 06:36:18 pm »
In first game of the day Guardians Indians beat Rays 2-1.

TB's bats have gone ice cold at the wrong time. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2022, 06:54:59 pm »
Perhaps it's trying to make lemonade from lemons but the typical starting pitcher
has one outing in five where he gets bombed and has no ability to make in-game adjustments.

Both Max Scherzer AND Jacob DeGrom had their 'shitty' starts last week for Buck Showalter and his METS.

Tonight, it's Scherzer vs Darvish in Game 1   

Forcing me to go with head and not my heart...the METS will sweep 2-0.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2022, 08:54:05 pm »
Perhaps it's trying to make lemonade from lemons but the typical starting pitcher
has one outing in five where he gets bombed and has no ability to make in-game adjustments.

Both Max Scherzer AND Jacob DeGrom had their 'shitty' starts last week for Buck Showalter and his METS.

Tonight, it's Scherzer vs Darvish in Game 1   

Forcing me to go with head and not my heart...the METS will sweep 2-0.

I know they don't play it on paper, but the Pads "on paper" are the worst playoff team this year.

Mets shouldn't even break a sweat.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2022, 09:13:55 pm »
Wow....

9th inning Playoff meltdown underway in STL.  STL manager probably costing them a game 1 win with the slow hook.

Pitiful.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2022, 09:38:05 pm »
Feel sorry for Cardinal fans...   That was truly some of the worst pitcher management I have seen in a long time.

What a demoralizing loss, I don't see the Red Birds recovering.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2022, 12:14:48 am »
Feel sorry for Cardinal fans...   That was truly some of the worst pitcher management I have seen in a long time.

What a demoralizing loss, I don't see the Red Birds recovering.

I'm happy for the Phillies for purely sentimental reasons.

Would like to see Bryce Harper advance...as well as Kyle Schwarber. 

And I just plain hate the dangerous St. Louis Cardinals in any postseason series. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2022, 01:39:09 am »
TB's bats have gone ice cold at the wrong time.

They've been cold all year.  Excellent pitching staff, but their offense is like a team from 1968.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2022, 01:41:22 am »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2022, 02:47:50 am »
They've been cold all year.  Excellent pitching staff, but their offense is like a team from 1968.

Well there is cold and then there is cold.  10 runs in 6 games screeching to post season is a special degree of cold.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2022, 02:56:43 am »

Darvish has historically been pretty shaky post season wise.  I will admit I am surprised tonight.

Seems there is always one team who defies what is on paper and surprises.   Is this the team this year.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2022, 02:59:11 am »
I'm happy for the Phillies for purely sentimental reasons.

Would like to see Bryce Harper advance...as well as Kyle Schwarber. 

And I just plain hate the dangerous St. Louis Cardinals in any postseason series.

I think the Phillies could be a cinderella team this year. They seem to play with joy.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2022, 03:07:24 am »
For either Seattle or Cleveland to ponder in the ALDS....

Game 1/5 - Justin Verlander 18-4. 1.75 era
Game 2- Framber Valdez- 17-6 2.82 era
Game 3- Lance McCullers- Fresh and healthy  4-2 2.27 era
Game 4- Christian Javier - 11-9 2.54 era

Long relief

Uriquidy- 13-8 , Luis Garcia- 15-8,

Pressley 33 saves, sub 3 era.

Team era 2.90. 1524 K's in 1445 IP in one of the most hitter friendly parks in MLB.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:08:51 am by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2022, 03:12:50 am »
I think the Phillies could be a cinderella team this year. They seem to play with joy.

Phillies won today due to pure piss poor bullpen management by Marmol the Cardinal's manager.  Helsley  was left in 2 maybe 3 batters too many.

Worst managed playoff game I have seen in at least a decade.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2022, 03:21:14 am »
Darvish has historically been pretty shaky post season wise.  I will admit I am surprised tonight.

Seems there is always one team who defies what is on paper and surprises.   Is this the team this year.

Scherzer is fricasseed, but the Mets are still on the hook for $87M over the next two years.  Now the pressure is on deGrom --- if he tanks, one of them will be dumped so the Mets can sign a home run hitter.