Author Topic: Baseball 2022 - The Season is a-Go! ⚾  (Read 23988 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Baseball 2022 - The Season is a-Go! ⚾
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2022, 12:07:01 am »
Just glad the Astros dispatched the Phillies so I won't have to hear the Philthydelphia fans trash talking for a year.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2022, 03:30:09 pm »
My two cents regarding the ASTROS' chances...

Do you save Christian Javier for Game 7, if necessary?

Or, do you blow your wad on a great Game 6?

Because...if by chance he gets his ass handed to him tomorrow night, it will completely mess up the Astro Dugout going into Game 7   :shrug:

@GrouchoTex
@catfish1957
@Polly Ticks
@Bigun
@Elderberry
@AllThatJazzZ

I know it is a moot point now, but I would have gone with Christian Javier, if we got to game 7.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2022, 03:33:02 pm »
That blast by Alvarez?  Almost gave my cat a stroke!!

Congratulations, @catfish1957

:beer:

PS:  Phillies batters struck out 71 times in the six game series!  Tell me again how great hitting can beat great pitching!   **nononono*

1st time I've seen one hit to the Budweiser pavilion, as its called, ever!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2022, 05:18:34 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2022, 05:46:01 pm »
Another hint

Trivia time:  What player played in more major league parks than any other?

Hint #1:  He was still playing after the Expos moved to Washington
Hint #2:  He won a batting title
Hint #3:  He hit 25+ homeruns for six different teams
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2022, 06:42:56 pm »

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2022, 09:04:17 pm »
OK, that made me spit coffee.
 :rolling:

Must have been funny. It's gone now.  :shrug:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2022, 12:43:54 pm »
Major League Baseball used at least two types of balls again this year, and evidence points to a third

Well on his way to his second World Series title, Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander shouldn't have had any complaints about his dominant, storybook season. And yet on a sunny June day in The Bronx, the 39-year-old three-time Cy Young winner knew something was off. 

Before warming up with his team for a hotly anticipated match against the New York Yankees, Verlander made a point of confronting a Major League Baseball official on the field. With a wry grin that belied a long-simmering frustration he and many other players have felt, he ambled up to the official and asked within earshot of a reporter:....

http://www.insider.com/mlb-used-two-balls-again-this-year-and-evidence-points-to-a-third-2022-12

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2022, 01:37:05 pm »
Major League Baseball used at least two types of balls again this year, and evidence points to a third

Well on his way to his second World Series title, Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander shouldn't have had any complaints about his dominant, storybook season. And yet on a sunny June day in The Bronx, the 39-year-old three-time Cy Young winner knew something was off.

Before warming up with his team for a hotly anticipated match against the New York Yankees, Verlander made a point of confronting a Major League Baseball official on the field. With a wry grin that belied a long-simmering frustration he and many other players have felt, he ambled up to the official and asked within earshot of a reporter:....

http://www.insider.com/mlb-used-two-balls-again-this-year-and-evidence-points-to-a-third-2022-12

MLB is as corrupt as our government. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2022, 02:37:20 pm »
MLB is as corrupt as our government.

:yowsa: Showbiz! Just like professional football and wrestling.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien