Author Topic: Biden to announce Russian energy import ban  (Read 1166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden to announce Russian energy import ban
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2022, 08:14:08 pm »
White House dubs rising gas prices a 'Putin spike'
By Brett Samuels - 03/08/22 02:42 PM EST

The White House is seeking to pin the blame for high gas prices in the United States on a new target: Russian President Vladimir Putin.

President Biden and White House officials this week have increasingly argued Putin's invasion of Ukraine is the cause of higher prices at the pump, an argument they reiterated after the administration on Tuesday banned imports of Russian oil.

"The decision today is not without cost here at home. Putin’s war is already hurting American families at the gas pump," Biden said when announcing the ban, vowing to take steps to "minimize Putin’s price hike here at home."

Hours later, White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force one that Americans were facing a spike in gas prices "because of the actions of President Putin."

"This is a Putin spike at the gas pump, not one prompted by our sanctions," she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/597367-white-house-dubs-rising-gas-prices-a-putin-spike
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2022, 08:44:01 pm »
That's a good point.  I haven't had to use a locking gas cap in years.

I had one on my Chevelle SS when Jimmy Carter was in office.  Good times with Jimmah at the wheel wearing a cardigan and sitting by a fire and rollin the double nickel.   It sure was nicer being 20 in the 70's than it is with Biden and being 70 in the 20's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2022, 08:58:39 pm »
I had one on my Chevelle SS when Jimmy Carter was in office.  Good times with Jimmah at the wheel wearing a cardigan and sitting by a fire and rollin the double nickel.   It sure was nicer being 20 in the 70's than it is with Biden and being 70 in the 20's.
:thumbsup: Even with Carter, possible draft, and gas shortages. I was working as a cook in a restaurant where 99% of the waitresses(like 25 or 30) were all young college babes and I was carefree and cruisin in my GTHawk, good times indeed. But then I went and got married at 19 :silly: :silly: :silly:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2022, 09:03:29 pm »

Ah, the envy people had for people with odd tag numbers because they got to fuel up on the 31st of the month, and again the next day on the 1st.  And of course the two-car families where one tag was odd and one even.  So depending on what day it was, a tag could be easily switched to the car needing gas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2022, 10:10:41 pm »

PRESIDENT ATTACKS OIL INDUSTRY FOR OPPOSITION TO ENERGY PLAN; COMPANIES RESPOND WITH ANGER

By James T. Wooten
Oct. 14, 1977

WASHINGTON, Oct. 13 — President Carter tried to put new life into his badly mangled energy program today by angrily accusing the American oil industry of being uninterested in solutions to the nation's energy problems and intent on staging “the biggest rip‐off in history.”

“The oil companies apparently want it all,” he said grimly in a nationally televised news conference at which he warned of “potential war profiteering” by the companies in an “impending energy crisis.” [Opening statement, Page A16.]

In uncharacteristically stern tones, Mr. Carter identified the petroleum lobby as the major source of opposition to his energy program.

He said that under his energy policy, the oil companies would receive a combined income of $100 billion by 1985, which he said was about $82 billion above their 1973 receipts, but that “the oil companies and gas companies are now demanding” $150 billion.

No Incentive Is Seen

<..snip..>

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/10/14/archives/president-attacks-oil-industry-for-opposition-to-energy-plan.html

Déjà vu is right.

Is there anything that Biden doesn’t plagiarize?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2022, 10:28:28 pm »
Trump gave us a much more stable world to live in, even with liberals burning down cities.  Our lives enjoyed employment and energy stable prices.  The village idiots demanded Trump was the devil, and saint biden was going to be the answer/cure and all our woes would go away.  Dupes and fools got their way, so here we are, our nation seriously threatened by liberal 'cures' ruling over us.  Its much the same game Biden did with co-vid, he was going to save us with a toxic cure that killed thousands/millions globally.  YOU got what you fought for, ignorance is no excuse.  Now we all have to pay for fools getting their way.  Some still fight to play Bidens fools.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2022, 10:30:47 pm »

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1501286901868810247
Tell people you're retarded without saying your retarded.
Biden economic advisor Brian Deese: "The only viable path to energy independence" is to reduce fossil fuel use to "zero."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:45:50 pm by GtHawk »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2022, 10:42:48 pm »
Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

If any part of your national strategy for success involves "Venezuela saves us," you might want to get yourself some new leaders.

8:06 AM · Mar 8, 2022   Twitter Web App

Not to mention we will still be buying Russian oil because they will just transport it to wherever country and sell it under their flag.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2022, 11:44:30 pm »
Not to mention we will still be buying Russian oil because they will just transport it to wherever country and sell it under their flag.

DING DING DING !!!   WE HAVE A WINNER !!!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2022, 01:38:44 am »
ol' white joe: "We're banning all imports of Russian oil and gas and energy."
and
"President Joe Biden said Tuesday that the decision for the U.S. to ban Russian gas and oil imports is going to causing soaring domestic gas prices to rise even further – but warned fuel companies that it is “no time for profiteering or price gouging.” "

My prediction:
This will eventually lead to gas rationing and possibly price controls.
Don't want to repost, please read my post here:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,463808.msg2600088.html#msg2600088
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 01:40:48 am by Fishrrman »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2022, 06:50:57 am »
Bidens contrived energy/oil shortage, forced the price of oil to go up 2 1/2 times.  As Putin laughs his ASS OFF SWIMMING IN OCEANS OF MONEY, HE ENJOYS DEMOCRATS DEMONIZING HIS,LIKE THEY DEMONIZE THE RICH WHO ALWAYS END UP MUCH RICHER.  Amazing how people want to be the democrats/Bidens useful fools unto death.....
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
 :reaper: :reaper: :reaper:

The great Reset, as democrats love to mention is just another way of saying; The End Times is here and the planet will become one large graveyard of humanity, as the ultra-rich globalist have their way.  George Soros, old Nazi re-tread style and tactics of the Nazis of last century used.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 06:56:01 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2022, 01:52:09 pm »