Author Topic: Blinken: We’re Not Halting Gas and Oil Purchases from Russia Because We’re Trying to Minimize ‘Pain  (Read 699 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blinken: We’re Not Halting Gas and Oil Purchases from Russia Because We’re Trying to Minimize ‘Pain to Us’

Ian Hanchett 24 Feb 2022

On Thursday’s broadcast of “CBS Evening News,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken responded to a question on whether the United States will cut off purchases of oil and gas from Russia over its invasion of Ukraine by stating that we’re trying to ensure “that we inflict maximum pain on Russia” while at the same time, “minimizing any of the pain to us.”

Host Norah O’Donnell asked, “Russia’s economy’s fueled by gas, and the U.S. is a consumer. So, would the U.S. consider cutting off oil and gas purchases from Russia?”

Blinken responded, “Well, what we’re doing, Norah, across the board, is making sure that we inflict maximum pain on Russia for what President Putin has done, while minimizing any of the pain to us.”

He also stated, “We’re in full coordination with other countries, both consumers and producers alike, to minimize any impact that this may have on energy prices and on gasoline.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/24/blinken-were-not-halting-gas-and-oil-purchases-from-russia-because-were-trying-to-minimize-pain-to-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

In other words, we are paying the cost of Putin's adventurism in Ukraine.

Maybe every Russian missile and bomb used in Ukraine should come with a little logo:  "paid for by the U.S.A."

Online Hoodat

If you want to minimize pain to us, then stop paying Russia $105/bbl for 60,000 bbl of oil every day, and instead buy oil from new Louisiana, Texas, and North Dakota producers at $80/bbl.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

'Pain for us, but not for thee'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

Offline EdinVA

Asinine... drill baby drill......

Offline Kamaji

If you want to minimize pain to us, then stop paying Russia $105/bbl for 60,000 bbl of oil every day, and instead buy oil from new Louisiana, Texas, and North Dakota producers at $80/bbl.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And quit blocking development of critical INFRASTRUCTURE (mining roads and pipelines).

Stupid truly is limitless, but this reeks of calculated anti-American malice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
What democrats are trying to say is; There is nothing democrats do they can't lie and misdirect and get away with even siding with our enemies against America with a little song and dance routine.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

And quit blocking development of critical INFRASTRUCTURE (mining roads and pipelines).

Everything the Brandon Admn. has done has been to destroy the USA as an independent representative republic.

The question that needs to be answered is will the Pubs be able to stop our destruction if they gain majorities in the House and Senate. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see enough fire breathing America First Pubs in leadership.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is what happens when the short bus kids are allowed to be in control.

Offline christian

This is what happens when people are willful deniers of facts and realities and allow liars to tell them what to believe.  There has been an awful lot of that going around.  the truth ignored and disbelieved, lies for pathological liars believed nearly every time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 09:24:23 pm by christian »

Offline Smokin Joe

Everything the Brandon Admn. has done has been to destroy the USA as an independent representative republic.

The question that needs to be answered is will the Pubs be able to stop our destruction if they gain majorities in the House and Senate. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see enough fire breathing America First Pubs in leadership.
If they are able, will they?

I have little faith in most of the GOP on the Hill at this point after their 2017-2018 nonperformance.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

If they are able, will they?

I have little faith in most of the GOP on the Hill at this point after their 2017-2018 nonperformance.

I'm of the same mind. It's why I think a divorce is coming. The career pols can continue to try and ignore the will of a majority of the country, or at least a sizable portion there of, but eventually people will say let me go.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo opined (in reply to Smokin' Joe):
"I'm of the same mind. It's why I think a divorce is coming. The career pols can continue to try and ignore the will of a majority of the country, or at least a sizable portion there of, but eventually people will say let me go."

Once more, I will ask:
Is it time for that new Continental Congress yet?

Offline Killer Clouds

The DCP is getting much closer to the civil war they want. The outcome will not be what they think it will be.

Offline christian

The Ukraine were confident of there security too, looks like they are finally changing their minds.  Trusting democrats is a unstable precarious thing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And,of course,because the Biden Crime Family is getting a cut of the action deposited in their foreign bank accounts.

Who knew that a crackhead like Hunter Biden and a senile old fool like his father would be smart enough to do all that double-dealing?

Why,if ah didin no betta,ah mite spect dey wuz juz de fruntmans gettin a cut to draw da heat away frum the REEL movers and shakirs.

Aftur all,win wuz da las time a sitting UP Prezidint and hiz relatives arrested for treason?

The truth iz,dey is bullitproof win hit cums to be-in arestid,n dey is no chanice attall ob bein forced ta rat out day complices.

But,wad do I no? Ahm jist a simpul votor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

Yew sum kinda radical what thinks yew kin rat out our masters,boy?

Weeze awatching yew!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Or just plain old-fashioned bottomless greed and arrogance.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Or just plain old-fashioned bottomless greed and arrogance.
Old fashioned greed would be getting kickbacks from Americans.

This goes beyond that.

Getting kickbacks from enemies while hobbling our own strategic industries reeks of treason.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In other words, we are paying the cost of Putin's adventurism in Ukraine.
Maybe every Russian missile and bomb used in Ukraine should come with a little logo:  "paid for by the U.S.A."
Paid for by Biden and his crackhead deadbeat bum son, and Communist Democrats.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Old fashioned greed would be getting kickbacks from Americans.

This goes beyond that.

Getting kickbacks from enemies while hobbling our own strategic industries reeks of treason.

@Smokin Joe

That it does,but nobody in a position to do anything about it is going to touch it.

Too many people have been in the US Senate and House for too many terms,and our enemies have too much blackmail material on them for anything like that to happen.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

That it does,but nobody in a position to do anything about it is going to touch it.

Too many people have been in the US Senate and House for too many terms,and our enemies have too much blackmail material on them for anything like that to happen.
Chances are that if they started stringing up offenders for treason in D.C. they'd run out of lampposts.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Chances are that if they started stringing up offenders for treason in D.C. they'd run out of lampposts.

@Smokin Joe

I dunno.

How many lamp posts are there in DC?

Sure would be fun to see if we ran out of lamp posts before we ran out of corrupt pols,wouldn't it?

I see it as a "Win/Win" situation with either result.