Author Topic: Blinken: We’re Not Halting Gas and Oil Purchases from Russia Because We’re Trying to Minimize ‘Pain  (Read 700 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

I dunno.

How many lamp posts are there in DC?

Sure would be fun to see if we ran out of lamp posts before we ran out of corrupt pols,wouldn't it?

I see it as a "Win/Win" situation with either result.
Well, they have a few bridges and plenty of trees... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Translation: Reducing our dependence on Russian oil could lead to a catastrophic dependence on domestic oil
Countdown to Resignation

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Translation: Reducing our dependence on Russian oil could lead to a catastrophic dependence on domestic oil
Which would force a reversal of anti-infrastructure policy by the current administration for transporting oil, and a reversal of the leasing moratoria for Federal lands and offshore tracts.

Just about the whole green new deal would be set aside to get usable and reliable energy in a reasonable amount of time. (Besides, blame could not be shifted to foreign suppliers if supplies ran short).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Chances are that if they started stringing up offenders for treason in D.C. they'd run out of lampposts.

@Smokin Joe

True,but it still needs to be done.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Blinken: We’re Not Halting Gas and Oil Purchases from Russia Because We’re Trying to Minimize ‘Pain to Us’

Odd how gas prices around me are steadily going up, giving the Obama-ites hope of ten dollar a gallon gas for Americans.

Who knew even back to the Obama administration the real desire was high fuel prices was to aid and abet Russians intentions would be military adventurism to rule the world with Westerners paying the Russians with high fuel/oil prices to pay for it all.
The sukkers they sucked in to that are embarrassing high.  The blame shifting now is obvious and blatant.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 12:36:05 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline EdinVA

Chances are that if they started stringing up offenders for treason in D.C. they'd run out of lampposts.

They would just have to learn to share..