Author Topic: Ukraine: Live Updates thread  (Read 154652 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine: Live Updates thread
« Reply #9725 on: May 02, 2022, 01:08:17 am »
At  this point in time it doesn't seem to matter whether there is a treaty in place or not . Or if Zelensky is a crook.

The bottom line is Russia invaded a neighboring country (starting about 2014) and is bombing into oblivion.

I don't really think he was provoked. It was a plan that had/could to be escalated due to health issues and perceived weakness in the US/Nato.

He wants to be revered as much as Stalin is. jmho

@berdie

Yup!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9726 on: May 02, 2022, 01:10:13 am »
I admit your V-8 moment hasn't hit yet. It will eventually.

Keep in mind, I'm not the one here who is having problems with 'facts'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9727 on: May 02, 2022, 01:11:16 am »

I'm not comfortable with it either.  This is the result of our own weak leadership.  No point in blaming Ukraine for it.  From this point forward, our best course of action is to equip Ukraine to stop Russia now before we end up fighting them in Poland.

Something we agree on; a result of our own weak leadership (we all know how that went in Afghanistan).  No, I didn't blame Ukraine.

God help us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9728 on: May 02, 2022, 01:38:38 am »
Disproven by whom?

Zelenskiy's statement was posted here several weeks back.  However, the burden of proof typically falls on the person making the initial claim.  Can you show me the connection between any progress with NATO membership and a full scale Russian invasion? 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9729 on: May 02, 2022, 01:39:30 am »
Something we agree on; a result of our own weak leadership (we all know how that went in Afghanistan).  No, I didn't blame Ukraine.

God help us!

So you now agree that we should give Ukraine weapons?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9730 on: May 02, 2022, 01:41:49 am »

So you now agree that we should give Ukraine weapons?

:thud:. Go back and read my posts.   :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9731 on: May 02, 2022, 02:02:20 am »
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

If the U.S. commits to sending troops to Ukraine in the event of a chemical attack, guess what?

There will miraculously be a chemical attack, at just the right time to support Western intervention.

We already saw this play out in Syria. Don't fall for it again.

The Kyiv Independent
@KyivIndependent · 7h

⚡️ US congressman calls on troops' deployment in Ukraine if Putin uses chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons.

Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger introduced a resolution on May 1 to authorize U.S. President Joe Biden to send troops to Ukraine in such cases.

6:03 PM · May 1, 2022·Twitter for Android

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9732 on: May 02, 2022, 02:05:22 am »
:thud:. Go back and read my posts.   :seeya:

@libertybele

So,by definition,you are fine with Russian invading and taking over control of Ukraine and her resources,as well as a port on the Black Sea?

How about if Russia then licks her wounds,and used Ukraine as a staging area to invade and take over control of Continental Europe? I can't see why you would have any trouble with that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9733 on: May 02, 2022, 02:08:11 am »
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

If the U.S. commits to sending troops to Ukraine in the event of a chemical attack, guess what?

There will miraculously be a chemical attack, at just the right time to support Western intervention.

@Right_in_Virginia

Let's say Russia ups her game and launches a massive ground and air attack to take over Ukraine?

I am guessing you are fine with that?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9734 on: May 02, 2022, 02:12:38 am »
@libertybele , found it.

NATO won’t let Ukraine join soon. Here’s why

Edward Wong and Lara Jakes, NYTimes  |  Published: 14 Jan 2022  |  04:44 PM BdST  |  Updated: 04:44 PM BdST

The tense talks this week among the United States, Russia and European members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization have made one thing clear: While the Biden administration insists it will not allow Moscow to quash Ukraine’s ambitions to join NATO, it has no immediate plans to help bring the former Soviet republic into the alliance.
If Ukraine were a NATO member, the alliance would be obligated to defend it against Russia and other adversaries. US officials say they will not appease President Vladimir Putin of Russia by undermining a policy enshrined in NATO’s original 1949 treaty, which grants any European nation the right to ask to join.

“Together, the United States and our NATO allies made clear we will not slam the door shut on NATO’s open-door policy — a policy that has always been central to the NATO alliance,” Wendy R. Sherman, the deputy secretary of state, said Wednesday.

But France and Germany have in the past opposed Ukraine’s inclusion, and other European members are wary — a deal-breaker for an alliance that grants membership only by unanimous consent. American and Russian leaders know this. With Russian troops amassed on Ukraine’s eastern border, some current and former American and European officials say Putin might just be raising the NATO issue as a pretext for an invasion.  .  .

https://bdnews24.com/world/2022/01/14/nato-wont-let-ukraine-join-soon.-heres-why

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9735 on: May 02, 2022, 02:15:38 am »
{WARNING:  RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA}

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #9736 on: May 02, 2022, 02:27:26 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Let's say Russia ups her game and launches a massive ground and air attack to take over Ukraine?

Don't guess @sneakypete   It's not in your wheelhouse. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9737 on: May 02, 2022, 02:50:04 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

She is.  She considers Ukraine to be the occupier and Zelenskiy the war criminal.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #9738 on: May 02, 2022, 02:56:02 am »
88devil

Armchair Warlord
@ArmchairW

I think the Russians need to give their generals punch cards - after the Ukrainians claim to have killed them ten times they can get a free coffee at the PX.

2:11 PM · May 1, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9739 on: May 02, 2022, 03:06:11 am »
How many raped Ukrainian women does it take for a free coffee?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #9740 on: May 02, 2022, 03:06:43 am »
Dan Caldwell
@dandcaldwell

With no authorization from Congress and no explanation of how this makes America safer or more prosperous.

David Sacks
@DavidSacks· 14m

The New Yorker acknowledges that the U.S. is in “a full proxy war with Russia.”

More:  https://newyorker.com/news/daily-com

10:50 PM · May 1, 2022   Twitter Web App

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9741 on: May 02, 2022, 03:08:36 am »
David Sacks
@DavidSacks· 14m

The New Yorker acknowledges that the U.S. is in “a full proxy war with Russia.”

Russia is free to call off its invasion any time.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #9742 on: May 02, 2022, 03:11:42 am »
"Sowing began in the fields near Mariupol,  by the Donetsk People's Republic."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/spriter11220/status/1520900977863364609

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9743 on: May 02, 2022, 03:20:03 am »
{*** WARNING:  RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA ***}

"Sowing began in the fields near Mariupol,  by the Donetsk People's Republic."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/spriter11220/status/1520900977863364609

This Spriter guy is a real piece of work.  Here is one of his posted photos that he is most proud of:

And @Right_in_Virginia introduced him right here at TBR.

Btw, farmers don't seed green fields.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 03:20:51 am by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9744 on: May 02, 2022, 03:28:16 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I gotta ask, where do you find all this Twitter propaganda?  Is there a bulletin board somewhere called Propaganda Clearing House?  Because many of the bullshit lies I see on Spriter1's thread list is some of the same bullshit lies you have posted here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9745 on: May 02, 2022, 03:31:37 am »

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

More than that. Ukraine wants America to kill Russians ... sure they do. But the bigger prize is the Billions of Billions of dollars in rebuilding "nation building". Every country America has militarily intervened has received Billions and Billions on top of Billions of dollars in 'American rebuilding money' (kickbacks ... cough cough kickbacks).

Defeating Russia is great, but what Ukraine really wants is for America to pay to rebuild their country (as America has done with dozens of other countries). There is a reason so many countries around the world are standing in line to go to war with America. It is the most profitable thing any country can do.

Florida Conch Republic - declares war on the United States, demands 1 Billion dollars in reparations

Wardlow — now serving as prime minister of the new nation — declared “war” on the United States by breaking a stale loaf of Cuban bread over the head of a man dressed in a U.S. Navy uniform. Citizens of the new republic began lobbing stale bread and conch fritters at federal agents, Navy sailors and Coast Guard personal in attendance.

Approximately one minute after declaring war and firing a “verbal shot” at the U.S., Wardlow surrendered to a nearby naval officer and requested $1 billion in foreign aid to compensate for “the long federal siege.”

War - American War - is a money scam. Zelinsky knows this too well. And he wants to cash in on American stupidity and graft. If he can get the Americans involved in any way - yes he may defeat the Russians, but the bigger goal is how much money America will pour into his busted up nation to so called "fix it".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9746 on: May 02, 2022, 03:36:21 am »
She is.  She considers Ukraine to be the occupier and Zelenskiy the war criminal.

@Hoodat

I don't think so. I might be wrong,but I think her problem is she is terrified it will lead to a nuclear war between the US and Russia if we help the Ukrainians.

I am guessing she has never heard of "Mutual Assured Destruction". The fact is that NOBODY can take a chance on starting a nuclear war today.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9747 on: May 02, 2022, 04:27:23 am »
@Hoodat

I don't think so. I might be wrong,but I think her problem is she is terrified it will lead to a nuclear war between the US and Russia if we help the Ukrainians.

Nope.  She has stated exactly that on this thread.  Ukraine is the occupier, and Zelenskiy is committing war crimes.  Her rhetoric against US involvement does not include the threat of nuclear war.  Her position has been for the US to stay out of it and let Putin do whatever he wants.  And that includes invading other European countries including NATO members.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #9748 on: May 02, 2022, 04:36:21 am »
The US should stay out of European wars.

Let Europe handle Ukraine.  Maybe then they'll learn the true price of war and decide to stop their incessant bullshit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9749 on: May 02, 2022, 04:39:48 am »
QED

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-