Author Topic: Here comes the American trucker ‘Peoples Convoy’… when it will head to DC, what you should know  (Read 8006 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here comes the American trucker ‘Peoples Convoy’… when it will head to DC, what you should know
February 18, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

As an American “People’s Convoy” takes shape following in the footsteps of Canadian truckers, a political action committee has partnered with truck convoys across the nation to travel to Washington, DC in protest of COVID mandates and overreach by the federal government.

The Great American Patriot Project sent out an email blast on Wednesday urging supporters to join, volunteer for, or donate to the American Truckers Freedom Fund. The email asserts the truckers “represent a movement of peaceful, non-violent Americans from all walks of life who are dissatisfied with the unscientific, unconstitutional government overreach in regards to mandates.”

“It’s time for #AmericanTruckers to stand with truckers all over the world. Don’t be afraid to #HonkHonk. Everybody loves #FreedomHonks,” the PAC proclaims on its website.

The “People’s Convoy” is gaining steam along with other movements and thousands, if not millions, of Americans are supporting them in one form or another. Routes for the convoy include starting points in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, and Fresno, California. The trek will culminate on March 6 in Washington, D.C. A congressional welcome committee is set to meet with the convoy and discuss policy changes according to the organizers.

https://twitter.com/sallytca/status/1493753865010745351

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/18/here-comes-the-american-trucker-peoples-convoy-when-it-will-head-to-dc-what-you-should-know-1202616/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As much as I might like the idea, this is destined to be a "me too" show that in all likelihood will accomplish nothing.

The DC gov-communists will send out tanks if they have to.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Caroline Vakil - 02/18/22 06:36 PM EST

Capitol Police issued a statement on Friday saying they are planning for extra security ahead of President Biden's first State of the Union address, noting that law enforcement agencies “are aware of plans” of truck convoys arriving into Washington, D.C. around that time.

“Law enforcement agencies across the National Capital Region are aware of plans for a series of truck convoys arriving in Washington, DC around the time of the State of the Union. As with any demonstration, the USCP will facilitate lawful First Amendment activity,” Capitol Police said.

“The USCP is closely coordinating with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, including DC’s Metropolitan Police Department, the United States Park Police, the United States Secret Service and other allied agencies to include the DC National Guard,” the law enforcement agency added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/594991-capitol-police-ups-security-ahead-of-sotu-amid-concerns-of-truck
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

It is a mistake to come thru Virginia and try and cross the potomac... Only3 bridges and the feds just closed one a few day ago for "emergency maintenance"...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Get on 495 and don't get off. Fill it. Park.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

I fear you are right.  They will call them terrorists and send in the heavy artillery.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Biden is licking his chops at the opportunity to do exactly what Trudeux has done and more. Our MSM will give him the exact same cover too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Please exhibit some "learning" from the Canadians who preceded you.  This is not amateur hour.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

I wonder if there will be a rally in Kingman....
I think that's the last route the truckers should take, because that is where the Stasi will be, along with the usual suspects trying to start some crap for the media (which does not preclude the media staging their own events).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think that's the last route the truckers should take, because that is where the Stasi will be, along with the usual suspects trying to start some crap for the media (which does not preclude the media staging their own events).

Mohave County??  One of the reddest in the country.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

Mohave County??  One of the reddest in the country.....
Any Federal intervention or agents provocateur will be stationed along that route. It will be a gauntlet of Feds trying to to provoke problems, cause problems, and the usual suspects will doubtless show up to start some serious sh*t. Consider the looting of trucks by BLM/ANTIFA during the riots after St. George of Fentanyl died.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive: D.C. National Guard Members Told to Be Ready Ahead of Potential Truck Convoy

Kristina Wong 19 Feb 2022

Washington, DC National Guard members have received a notice to be prepared to assist local law enforcement ahead of a potential trucker convoy headed to the nation’s capital, according to two sources.

The notice, obtained by Breitbart News, stated that the D.C. National Guard Land Component Command will be “encamped” beginning February 22 “for forthcoming ‘Trucker protest.'” One source explained that the term “encamp” is similar to “occupy an area.”

According to the notice, the National Guard will encamp through Monday, March 7. The notice stated that soldiers were already on standby to support the State of the Union address, which is scheduled for March 1.

A separate notice stated that the encampment could last longer than March 7, and would be in support of the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD).

The notices, sent Friday, indicated the mission has not yet been formally approved by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/19/exclusive-d-c-national-guard-members-told-be-ready-ahead-potential-truck-convoy/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US Trucker Convoy Organizer to Newsmax: Thousands Expected to Join

Solange Reyner    |   Friday, 18 February 2022 06:03 PM

Thousands of semitruck drivers are expected to take part in the coast-to-coast "People's Convoy" to protest government COVID-19 mandates starting Wednesday, Feb. 23, says organizer Maureen Steele.

"We have well over 1,000 truckers. I've lost count right now and I know it's going to grow," Steele told Newsmax's "Eric Bolling: The Balance."

"Our support staff is enormous. We have the Unity Project and they have hundreds of nonprofits that are under them so they literally have thousands of people helping pull this event off. So, it's a huge undertaking, as you can imagine, getting all these trucks and all these people across the country and managing safety and logistics and comms. It's an enormous group of people. I know Canada had hundreds. We have thousands," she added.

Steele says the protest will depart on Interstate 40 heading east from Barstow, California.

Truckers are demanding an end to the Emergency Powers Act concerning the pandemic, and to "restore our nation's constitution."

Steele also said she has concerns of being arrested after key organizers of the Canadian trucker "Freedom Convoy" were arrested, "but I'm not organizing this alone."

"Freedom isn't free. Now is our time as Americans that we ensure freedom for our future generations, and we are doing it lawfully. We have the right to gather, we have the right to protest, we won't be violating any laws. If there are any other rogue convoys that are unlawful, that is not ours."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/trucker-convoy-canada/2022/02/18/id/1057531/
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I agree

Booker
@BookerSparticus
 · Feb 19
American Truckers SHOULD NOT convoy to DC. They SHOULD park their trucks right where they are and go on STRIKE.

That will get everyone's attention.
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I agree

Booker
@BookerSparticus
 · Feb 19
American Truckers SHOULD NOT convoy to DC. They SHOULD park their trucks right where they are and go on STRIKE.

That will get everyone's attention.
A better safer solution for the truckers and I say this knowing it will cause hardship for me and mine. The angry old fool in the White House is senile enough to order people to shoot the truckers and I am saddened to believe that there are those in America like the democrats storm troopers, Antifa and BLM that would do it.

Offline EdinVA

Since the beast in dc feeds off the states, they should occupy every state capital and a token in DC... More folks would get involved and I think it would have a bigger impact and lessen the ability of the pukes in the ivory towers from causing mayhem.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As much as I might like the idea, this is destined to be a "me too" show that in all likelihood will accomplish nothing.

@Fishrrman

Good!

Let them show their true nature. Maybe it will wake up enough voters to make a difference.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I fear you are right.  They will call them terrorists and send in the heavy artillery.

@Texas Yellow Rose

Yeah,but the question is "Will the NG troops manning those tanks follow orders to open fire on civilians?"

MY best guess is not only will they refuse,but I think more than a few may even join the truckers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Since the beast in dc feeds off the states, they should occupy every state capital and a token in DC... More folks would get involved and I think it would have a bigger impact and lessen the ability of the pukes in the ivory towers from causing mayhem.

@EdinVA

That sounds better on the face of it,but the FACTS are that if it doesn't "happen live on national teebee,it doesn't happen". Live news broadcasts of big trucks just shut down outside of Nowhere New Mexico just ain't going to draw any attention.

Now,I CAN go with a plan that has all these 18 wheelers just stopping on the interstate just outside of DC,and parking bumper to bumper bumper and even side by side to block off the whole damn highway  system going into DC if they are prevented from entering the city.

THAT would make the national news. Trust me on that one. Especially if the truckers just called ubers and took other methods to leave after locking up their trucks and someone anonymous making public announcements on local radio call-in shows that the truckers will NOT look with favor on any tow services that haul their trucks away,and AT A MINIMUM will make a list of tow services to be boycotted by truckers in the future.

Above ALL,the truckers MUST avoid open violence and even resistance. Park em bumper to bumper,side by side,lock em up,an just walk away.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@EdinVA

BTW, see your plan as an EXCELLENT idea,but it will only work locally if it is tied to a bigger protest movement in or just outside of DC. That way it will have a link to national news.

Offline oldno7

Who is John Galt