Author Topic: Here’s Why Texas Governor Greg Abbott is Tanking.  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here’s Why Texas Governor Greg Abbott is Tanking.
« on: January 29, 2022, 12:49:09 pm »
Here’s Why Texas Governor Greg Abbott is Tanking.
National Pulse, Jan 28, 2022, Gavin Wax

Once a favorite and a “rising star” in the national Republican Party, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has fallen from grace. Recent polling shows he has lost his lead in the Texas GOP gubernatorial primary, dropping nearly 20 points in just three months.

Abbott’s collapse was not brought about by dishonest attacks from the corporate media. On the contrary, his inauthenticity has become too much for conservative Texas voters to bear. In the era of Trump’s Republican Party, the conventional wisdom of Republican in Name Only (RINO) hacks simply won’t cut it, and it is clear to all that Abbott’s inner circle is chock full of them.

In a previous article, I noted that Mitchell Carney, Abbott’s political director, has a history of Never Trumpism and that he turned on the President at a personally opportune time after January 6th. Carney is far from a lone wolf. In fact, his presence in the Abbott sphere of influence is a product of low-grade nepotism. There is far more to the Carney story that merits examination.

Mitchell’s father, Dave Carney, serves as a senior adviser to Abbott, and has been a swamp dweller for decades. Carney previously served as the White House political director for George H.W. Bush. Like most political operatives, he functions as a parasite, popping up every election cycle to siphon as much donor money off as possible.

Dave Carney’s tweets are as ill-advised as those of his son. He peddled left-wing talking points throughout 2016 in an attempt to sabotage President Trump:

More:  https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/01/28/wax-heres-why-texas-governor-greg-abbott-is-tanking/

Re: Here’s Why Texas Governor Greg Abbott is Tanking.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 12:54:15 pm »
Disclaimer:  I don't know about what's going on in Texas, just keep reading rumors of Abbott's political demise.   I report, you decide.   happy77

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 01:02:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 01:32:38 pm »
Here's another reason, the 2021 Winter Storm that Abbott caused to be more severe to the state than it should have been due to his political patronage appointments in the PUC and his promotion of unreliable wind power.

Single biggest catastrophe in Texas history made worse by his own mismanagement.

Here is a detailed analysis by technical people who describe what happened and the need to have achieved a better reliability of the Texas grid with the inhibition of reliance on a variable electricity dispatch like wind or solar and more reliance on natural gas, coal or nuclear.

Somebody from this group of people who authored this report should have been involved in making decisions to our power grid reliability instead of a bunch of lawyers.

https://www.texasce.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Reliability-Resilience-in-the-Balance-Executive-Summary.pdf
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:01:10 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline AARguy

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 02:23:50 pm »
I support Abbott because of what he DOES... not who his friends are or where he stands on Trump (I'l vote for Trump if he's nominated, but I'd like to see someone younger like DeSantis, Noehm or, yes, Abbott.)

Abbott brought our National Guard folks home from DC on his own authority before the swamp guys released them.

Abbott is finishing the border wall and doing his best to close it.

Abbott signed the new Texas gun law authorizing "Constitutional Carry" and stipulations about things like silencers which make us a "sanctuary" for the 2d Amendment.

Abbott has banned the racist Critical Race Theory teachings from our schools.

Abbott has saved us from the COVID TYRANNY which is so terribly enslaving citizens in blue states.

Gasoline is still less than $3 here. As Captain of the ship, Abbott is responsible for everything that does or does not happen on the ship. I thank him for the price of gas here.

Abbott may have friends I don't like, but that is his right. He keeps my family safe and free... and that is all that matters to me.

I moved to Texas almost 5 years ago from California. That's kind of like moving from medievil Russia to modern America. So maybe my judgement is a little skewed. But I like Abbott a LOT.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 02:33:24 pm »
I always thought Abbott was working hard and doing a good job @AARguy   Thanks for the list of accomplishments --- don't forget the abortion law.   happy77

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:35:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 02:39:39 pm »
I support Abbott because of what he DOES... not who his friends are or where he stands on Trump (I'l vote for Trump if he's nominated, but I'd like to see someone younger like DeSantis, Noehm or, yes, Abbott.)

Abbott brought our National Guard folks home from DC on his own authority before the swamp guys released them.

Abbott is finishing the border wall and doing his best to close it.

Abbott signed the new Texas gun law authorizing "Constitutional Carry" and stipulations about things like silencers which make us a "sanctuary" for the 2d Amendment.

Abbott has banned the racist Critical Race Theory teachings from our schools.

Abbott has saved us from the COVID TYRANNY which is so terribly enslaving citizens in blue states.

Gasoline is still less than $3 here. As Captain of the ship, Abbott is responsible for everything that does or does not happen on the ship. I thank him for the price of gas here.

Abbott may have friends I don't like, but that is his right. He keeps my family safe and free... and that is all that matters to me.

I moved to Texas almost 5 years ago from California. That's kind of like moving from medievil Russia to modern America. So maybe my judgement is a little skewed. But I like Abbott a LOT.
I'd say Abbott is on par with Rick Perry and better than any Democrat governor in the nation.

Having said that, he acts more like a politician than a leader of Texans, as exemplified by his handling of the power crisis, his ineptitude during Covid lockdowns, or his delayed reaction to handling the border mess.

We can do better.   Just look toward a leader like DeSantis if you want a clearer picture.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 02:54:35 pm »
I support Abbott because of what he DOES... not who his friends are or where he stands on Trump (I'l vote for Trump if he's nominated, but I'd like to see someone younger like DeSantis, Noehm or, yes, Abbott.)  ...

Abbott is finishing the border wall and doing his best to close it. ...
This is where I've seen the most criticism of Abbott, alleging he's done nothing about border security.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline AARguy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 03:13:10 pm »
I think Abbott has done fine with the China Virus. He saved us the Tyranny of the mandates while keeping us around 35th in the nation in deaths per 100,000 population. He leans on the side of freedom... so do I.

I've lived in Texas for five years now... I've seen it snow once. That snow that clobbered us lasted less than three days here before it disappeared. I also have a GENERAC... I am into personal responsibility... not just a daddy to provide FOR me.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 06:49:25 pm »
I don't have a problem with Gov Abbott. I've been receiving a lot of political calls/mailings from Mr. Huffines. So far I have seen nothing he is promising that isn't already being done. I did receive a robocall from Rand Paul endorsing him. I'm curious as to why.

Nothing yet from Mr. West.

I'll wait until a little closer to time to really analyze the pros and cons.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 07:02:25 pm »
I always though that Abbott is doing a really good job in TX given the cards that he's been dealt and the lack of support from the FEDS.

I'm waiting for all the Briefers from TX to voice their opinions.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 07:32:03 pm »
I also support Gov. Abbott for what he DOES.  His many accomplishments have already been listed on this thread.  Just my two cents .... Gov. Abbott is doing an excellent job.  I NEVER liked Rick Perry!!  :cool:

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 07:33:44 pm »
I also support Gov. Abbott for what he DOES.  His many accomplishments have already been listed on this thread.  Just my two cents .... Gov. Abbott is doing an excellent job.  I NEVER liked Rick Perry!!  :cool:

I'm not from TX but I've done a bit of research on Rick Perry. No I'm not a fan either.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 01:19:21 am »
BTW ... Trump has already endorsed Abbott.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2022, 01:49:47 am »
I'll be voting for Don Huffines for governor in the March 1st Republican Primary.

Abbott has surrounded himself with half assed at best republicans and it shows!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 02:54:11 am »
I'll be voting for Don Huffines for governor in the March 1st Republican Primary.

OH BROTHER!  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah Huffines is someone I could get excited about....NOT!

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2022, 03:48:42 am »

I agree.  Abbott is a political animal and not a reliable conservative.  All you have to do is to look at who he put on the PUC.  Lawyers in patronage positions who knew nothing about how to supervise an electric grid competently.  And he had to fire them all after Texas' worst disaster in history when they set up this state for grid failure.  And what else was he doing to keep our electric grid reliable?  He was the week before receiving an award from the Wind Industry as its super salesman.  In spite of wind being the least reliable of any electric generator.

Just read the report non-politicians generated.  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,460409.msg2574130.html#msg2574130

And the worst part is that Abbott never took responsibility for any of the problems we had even though he made these appointments.

Both Huffines and West are superior conservatives.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 04:07:31 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2022, 04:01:03 am »
OH BROTHER!  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah Huffines is someone I could get excited about....NOT!

What do YOU know about him?  Other than what the media pukes are telling you I mean?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2022, 05:53:21 am »
Disclaimer:  I don't know about what's going on in Texas, just keep reading rumors of Abbott's political demise.   I report, you decide.   happy77

Abbott suffered some political damage after the early '20 Freeze, and the left wing big newspapers in Austin, Houston, and Dallas seized upon the moment, and exploited it.

Abbott also will be facing  some pretty stiff competition from Col. West in the primaires.    I have a lot of respect for West, but in this case IMO he is no better than a Carpet Bagger.

And Beto?  After saying he's damn right, he's  coming for our guns?  You think he has a chance in Texas?   :silly:

Trump came out and said tonight he endorses Abbott.  That ought to be enough to put him over the top.  I am not worried,

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 05:57:23 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 05:56:33 am »
I'm not from TX but I've done a bit of research on Rick Perry. No I'm not a fan either.

He did 3 good thngs for Texas, but I could only think of 2 of them,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 06:01:08 am »
What do YOU know about him?  Other than what the media pukes are telling you I mean?

You are one of my best buds here, but I got to differ a tad on this matter.  Even though Huffines might have a slight edge on Abbott on the conservative ideological side, his lack of name recognition might back fire on us against Beto the Bozo.  And I for one, am not one for taking any chances on this race.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 02:55:27 pm »
You are one of my best buds here, but I got to differ a tad on this matter.  Even though Huffines might have a slight edge on Abbott on the conservative ideological side, his lack of name recognition might back fire on us against Beto the Bozo.  And I for one, am not one for taking any chances on this race.

There is going to be a runoff and who the next governor of Texas will be is going to be decided at that point.  If Huffines doesn't make the runoff, I'll vote for the most conservative guy who does be that West or Abbott.

"Hell yes we are going to take your AR15" Orourke is never going to be governor.   

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 04:39:19 pm »
There is going to be a runoff and who the next governor of Texas will be is going to be decided at that point.  If Huffines doesn't make the runoff, I'll vote for the most conservative guy who does be that West or Abbott.

"Hell yes we are going to take your AR15" Orourke is never going to be governor.   

100% agree.  :beer:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 10:54:01 pm »
Actually Perry wasn't a bad guy.  My brother was on his staff, years ago.  From what I hear from insiders, Abbott isn't bad either.  Believe me there are MUCH worse candidates out there.  I'd rather vote for who I know rather than someone I know zilch about. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 10:56:51 pm »
Actually Perry wasn't a bad guy.  My brother was on his staff, years ago.  From what I hear from insiders, Abbott isn't bad either.  Believe me there are MUCH worse candidates out there.  I'd rather vote for who I know rather than someone I know zilch about.

I am for Abbott because I think he'll fare better against Beto than either West or Huffines.  West is a Carpet Bagger (IMO), and Huffines lacks name recognition.

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 11:02:51 pm »
This is where I've seen the most criticism of Abbott, alleging he's done nothing about border security.  :shrug:
Here's some more.

Texas GOP Governor Faces Backlash Over Problems With National Guard Deployment at Border
Gov. Greg Abbott faces challenges from fellow Republicans and Democrats over pay problems and poor morale among National Guardsmen

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is being blamed by GOP opponents and Democrats for bungling the deployment of thousands of National Guard troops to the border under his signature program Operation Lone Star after a recent spate of suicides among the troops.

The deployment was hasty, Guardsmen say. Some stationed on the border say they have little to do, which is leading to low morale. As well, the state has been slow to pay them, Guardsmen say.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-gop-governor-faces-backlash-over-problems-with-national-guard-deployment-at-border-11643461204