Author Topic: Here’s Why Texas Governor Greg Abbott is Tanking.  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Here’s Why Texas Governor Greg Abbott is Tanking.
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2022, 01:38:41 am »
The border is exploding while our Governor is supposed to be protecting us from invasion.

And what is Abbott instead doing?  Pushing the Green Agenda

Gov. Abbott Announces $1.7 Billion Biofuel Plant to be Built in East Texas
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced on February 15 that a $1.7 billion biofuel plant is coming to Bon Wier in East Texas’ Newton County. The facility will produce green energy solutions by processing wood pulp waste into fuel. Arizona-based USA BioEnergy, through its subsidiary company, Texas Renewable Funds, will build the plant. The project is expected to finish in 2025, but no groundbreaking date has yet been set.

The plant will generate up to 34 million gallons of transportation fuel from the waste of 1 million tons of wood products. The facility will produce sustainable aviation fuel, biodiesel, and renewable naphtha, which is frequently used in camping stoves, cigarette lighters, and the production of plastic.

https://dallasexpress.com/gov-abbott-announces-1-7-billion-biofuel-plant-to-be-built-in-east-texas/

Funding: Texas Governor Greg Abbott (seated, centre) supports Scottsdale, Arizona-based USA BioEnergy's plans to build a renewable fuels plant in East Texas
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2022, 08:47:28 pm »
Guess it is time to way in from Fort Bend County:

Criticism about Abbott is fair.

I thought he jumped into the COVID lockdown a bit heavy in the beginning. His metric was the positivity rates, which didn't account for hospitalizations and fatalities, but he figured it out eventually. Maybe not as fast as some governors, but faster than most.
I thought he was a bit heavy handed in the beginning. Got the nickname "Governor Grab-it" for that.

The border is a bit more difficult to judge. It is the FedGov's responsibility to secure it. Do you recall when Arizona tried to pass a state law to strengthen their border security? The courts shot it down, citing that it is a Federal issue. Having said that, I am surprised that some of the measures he has taken to date have not been struck down by a federal court. If he goes too far, they might, but so far, they've let him send the Guard, build a few more miles of wall, etc.
I like the latest thing where he wants to bus them to D.C. My criticism there is that he should have been doing that a while ago, along with the other measures. That may get the courts attention, unfortunately.

The Grid failing was a disaster, no doubt. Lesson learned, and measures have been taken now. I guess we will know soon enough if they will work or not.
Several issue with that, not all of them the state governments fault, but they do share the blame. Might take a whole other post to spell that all out.

He is not as conservative as Huffiness and West, but a damn sight more than Beto will ever be.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2022, 08:48:51 pm »
We need people who have spent a good portion of their lives living in Texas.  Best if attended school here so they were taught Texas history.

Jeb Bush's son is a stealth carpetbagger as well as he proved his inability to comprehend Texas history as Land Commissioner by attempting to do a wholesale redo of our bastion of state liberty, the Alamo.  Now he runs to dismantle the Texas legal system as AG?  Hell No.

Ageed

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2022, 08:50:15 pm »

Criticism about Abbott is fair.

I thought he jumped into the COVID lockdown a bit heavy in the beginning. His metric was the positivity rates, which didn't account for hospitalizations and fatalities, but he figured it out eventually. Maybe not as fast as some governors, but faster than most.
I thought he was a bit heavy handed in the beginning. Got the nickname "Governor Grab-it" for that.

The border is a bit more difficult to judge. It is the FedGov's responsibility to secure it. Do you recall when Arizona tried to pass a state law to strengthen their border security? The courts shot it down, citing that it is a Federal issue. Having said that, I am surprised that some of the measures he has taken to date have not been struck down by a federal court. If he goes too far, they might, but so far, they've let him send the Guard, build a few more miles of wall, etc.
I like the latest thing where he wants to bus them to D.C. My criticism there is that he should have been doing that a while ago, along with the other measures. That may get the courts attention, unfortunately.

The Grid failing was a disaster, no doubt. Lesson learned, and measures have been taken now. I guess we will know soon enough if they will work or not.
Several issue with that, not all of them the state governments fault, but they do share the blame. Might take a whole other post to spell that all out.

He is not as conservative as Huffiness and West, but a damn sight more than Beto will ever be.

Oh hell yes! Only an idiot would even consider voting for Robert Francis in November.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2022, 08:54:53 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Nobody from Texas named Bush should be nominated for anything other than hanging.

@sneakypete

When I first heard you say things like that, 6 years ago or so when I got here, I'd think that was a bit over the top.
I'd think, "The Bushes weren't that awful."
Now, after I'd done some research and learned more, I have to admit, hat's off to you.
You were way ahead of me on that curve.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2022, 09:15:35 pm »
@sneakypete

When I first heard you say things like that, 6 years ago or so when I got here, I'd think that was a bit over the top.
I'd think, "The Bushes weren't that awful."
Now, after I'd done some research and learned more, I have to admit, hat's off to you.
You were way ahead of me on that curve.

@GrouchoTex

Sometimes it helps to have a bit of distance in order to see things more clearly.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2022, 02:25:50 am »

He absolutely has the authority and the responsibility to stop an invasion by illegals into our state, with or without cooperation of the federal government.

Constitution Art I Sec 8

The Congress shall have Power
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Art I Sec 10
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2022, 05:42:01 pm »
He absolutely has the authority and the responsibility to stop an invasion by illegals into our state, with or without cooperation of the federal government.

Constitution Art I Sec 8

The Congress shall have Power
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Art I Sec 10
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Semantics

De we see this as an invasion?
Of course.
Does the Federal government, or will the court see it that way?
Probably not.

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2022, 06:55:23 pm »
Semantics

De we see this as an invasion?
Of course.
Does the Federal government, or will the court see it that way?
Probably not.
Which do you believe that Texans care for?  Their state or for the federal government?

And it absolutely is an invasion.  What do you call people crossing into the state illegally?  A Jan 6 tour of the Capital?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2022, 05:38:36 pm »
Which do you believe that Texans care for?  Their state or for the federal government?

And it absolutely is an invasion.  What do you call people crossing into the state illegally?  A Jan 6 tour of the Capital?

I am not disagreeing with you.
I understand, trust me, I am on your side of this.

I am merely pointing out the FedGov and Federal courts may not....

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2022, 04:04:16 pm »
I am not disagreeing with you.
I understand, trust me, I am on your side of this.

I am merely pointing out the FedGov and Federal courts may not....
I also agree the feds may decide against it, but there is nothing the feds could do if Texas executed its legal rights under the constitution.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2022, 04:08:57 pm »
Abbott damn well not be another Bush '43.  We are still living with the messes that W created.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2022, 04:14:38 pm »
Abbott damn well not be another Bush '43.  We are still living with the messes that W created.

Abbott took a bad body political blow after the bungling of the '20 freeze here. I think that pretty much killed any upward mobiity on his behalf.

I am pretty stoked about his actually sending illegals to DC though. Need to send many thousands more. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2022, 04:27:45 pm »
Abbott took a bad body political blow after the bungling of the '20 freeze here. I think that pretty much killed any upward mobiity on his behalf.

I am pretty stoked about his actually sending illegals to DC though. Need to send many thousands more.

@catfish1957

Why? The end result would be the denizens in power in DC would register them all to vote Dim,and then use public money to build new housing for them and provide them with an income.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2022, 04:30:59 pm »
@catfish1957

Why? The end result would be the denizens in power in DC would register them all to vote Dim,and then use public money to build new housing for them and provide them with an income.

10,000 illegals simuteaneously rumaging outside the White House? The optics alone on this will drive the dim's polls down 3-5 addtional percent. Sometimes you got to spend some politcal capital to gain a lot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2022, 05:34:58 pm »
First bus of illegals arrived in D.C. today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2022, 06:52:23 pm »
First bus of illegals arrived in D.C. today.

@GrouchoTex

Any idea who is actually paying for the bus charters?

Offline berdie

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2022, 08:22:27 pm »
@catfish1957

That will happen no matter where they end up.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2022, 08:27:29 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Abbott should send a bill to Joe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2022, 09:12:54 pm »
@GrouchoTex

I don't f'n care!!!!  I'll chip in if I have to.

Offline berdie

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2022, 09:52:39 pm »
I don't f'n care!!!!  I'll chip in if I have to.

#MeToo!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2022, 09:58:38 pm »
I'd be happy to pitch in as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2022, 12:28:12 pm »
@GrouchoTex

@sneakypete

No, I don't know, but I would assume us, the Texas taxpayers.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2022, 12:58:36 pm »
@sneakypete

Covid relief money from the Biden Admin IIRC.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2022, 04:01:10 pm »
@sneakypete

@GrouchoTex

You are probably right,but it would be refreshing to learn that some of the business organizations operating in Texas were kicking in a few bucks,too.