Author Topic: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues  (Read 7520 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
The president is focused on increasing competition, pointing to issues he says have been a problem for 'decades'

By Breck Dumas FOXBusiness

President Biden held a meeting with White House officials Monday to discuss the administration's plan for combating rising prices as inflation continues to surge throughout the U.S., reaching levels not seen in 40 years.

In remarks ahead of the meeting, the president touted an executive order he signed in July aimed at increasing competition by cracking down on larger firms in industries that the administration sees as too "consolidated," referring to the issue as a decades-old problem the federal government needs to address.

Biden then pointed to an NYU study he says showed that "between generating higher prices and lower wages, lack of competition cost the median American family household … $5,000 a year," saying, "My executive order is changing that."

The president went on to point to directives implemented by federal agencies as a result of the executive action, including lifting restrictions on where people can get electronics like smartphones repaired, allowing folks to buy hearing aids without a prescription and addressing non-compete clauses that restrict workers from taking jobs from an employer's competitors within a period of time.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-touts-plans-for-lowering-prices-as-inflation-surge-continues
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 02:35:41 am »
God help us...he'll only make things even worse...all by design.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 02:49:42 am »
:facepalm2:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 02:54:42 am »
This is classic.

Leftists always create problems so they can take you money you solve those problems.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 03:06:20 am »
Here's one of his actions to solve the problem
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 03:44:57 am »
Traitor Joe can't solve any problems. He is completely clueless as to why the problems are there to begin with.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 03:56:45 am »
I've got a plan....
STOP spending money
STOP this covid bullcrap.
Encourage employment
Tear down the road blocks to industry.
Suspend needless regulation.

and more than anything, fire up the furnaces and start shoveling Benjamins in nonstop for a few years.
Inflation is BECAUSE you've watered down the money.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 04:11:24 am »
Biden inherited this mess from Trump, but he has done nothing to reverse the harmful policies.  Quite the opposite.  Now he owns the inflation. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 04:18:34 am »
Biden inherited this mess from Trump, but he has done nothing to reverse the harmful policies.  Quite the opposite.  Now he owns the inflation.

That's right.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 04:50:47 am »
Biden lied to Americans about spending, economy, energy, and inflation, and laughing as he did so, because he new fools supplied with with enough support that being demented he could not/would not be held to account.  Even abandoned Americans in Afghanistan and trashed Afghanistan and Americas allies standing in the world.  !  As a backup, democrats/Biden began fortifying government buildings just in cause enough angry Americas caught on to what is being perpetrated.
Liars deniers, this is your handiwork just as much as Biden and his global cohorts.
Obama's daddy must be exceedingly proud now, as must sonny.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:52:29 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 05:23:16 am »
In remarks ahead of the meeting, the president touted an executive order he signed in July aimed at increasing competition by cracking down on larger firms in industries that the administration sees as too "consolidated," referring to the issue as a decades-old problem the federal government needs to address.

Biden then pointed to an NYU study he says showed that "between generating higher prices and lower wages, lack of competition cost the median American family household … $5,000 a year," saying, "My executive order is changing that."

I did not know that this magnitude of stupid was possible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2022, 09:34:23 am »
I did not know that this magnitude of stupid was possible.
Knowledge is limited, and wisdom even more so, but stupidity is boundless.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 11:48:29 am »

And there’s people who want to give him another term.

I predict price controls. Or at least proposed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 11:56:05 am »
I've got a plan....
STOP spending money
STOP this covid bullcrap.
Encourage employment
Tear down the road blocks to industry.
Suspend needless regulation.

and more than anything, fire up the furnaces and start shoveling Benjamins in nonstop for a few years.
Inflation is BECAUSE you've watered down the money.

It would be nice to see TEA Party protests again except that they sold their souls to Donald Trump on spending
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 01:33:15 pm »
It would be nice to see TEA Party protests again except that they sold their souls to Donald Trump on spending

Maybe at a federal level... I am still tangentially associated at a regional level... as far as I know, TEA is still TEA.... with much of the activist structure still preserved. But, between murder turtle and Tumpy's parade, they can't get at any political air.  :shrug:

Offline christian

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 04:34:39 am »
Damning Trump for spending, spending that was restoring America, and leaving out Bidens spending, giving Biden a pass.  Seems we had that give Biden a pass crap, and it put us in the mess we are now in, but, but, but, keep taking cheap shots are Trump and his followers.  As if that hasn't been tried with disastrous results.  Clearly a severe learning blockage.....
 :smokin: :reaper: :smokin:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 04:50:37 am »
Damning Trump for spending, spending that was restoring America,  .  .  .

Spending money you don't have is called 'destroying America', not restoring America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2022, 07:03:42 am »
Spending money you don't have is called 'destroying America', not restoring America.

That ain't nothing but right.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022, 01:23:30 pm »
Bidens 1st year in office will be his best year in office.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022, 04:50:20 pm »
Damning Trump for spending, spending that was restoring America, and leaving out Bidens spending, giving Biden a pass.  Seems we had that give Biden a pass crap, and it put us in the mess we are now in, but, but, but, keep taking cheap shots are Trump and his followers.  As if that hasn't been tried with disastrous results.  Clearly a severe learning blockage.....
 :smokin: :reaper: :smokin:

I haven’t seen a single individual here who had given Biden pass on spending. However, I’ve seen some here that either ignore the spending under Donald Trump or defend it

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 04:58:48 pm »
When will the FTC breakup Amazon Web Services from Amazon.com?

Its the profits from Amazon Web Services that allow Amazon.com to implement predatory loss leader pricing to put competitors out of business.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:05:39 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 05:08:13 pm »
Is the government going to stop inflationary mandates upon industry, such as requiring ethanol in gasoline?

Those mandates raise the price of corn and gasoline.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:09:35 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2022, 01:35:18 am »
cato complains:
"Biden inherited this mess from Trump..."

Hmmm.... "mess"???

You mean, the mess of a border that was under control?
You mean, the mess of an America that was increasingly energy-independent?
You mean, the mess of a policy towards China that showed strength, and produced results?
You mean, the mess of a strong economy (until covid hit)?
You mean, the mess of inflation under control?

A "mess", indeed!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:36:58 am by Fishrrman »

Offline christian

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 05:06:23 am »
Odd how so many insist on Bidens screw-ups are Trumps fault,despite biden has aggressively reverseda great deal of what Trump accomplished.  Blind fools think forced energy dependence vs Trumps well established energy dependence and jobs for Americans   its Trumps fault and Bidens innocence, REALLY.  Lies and dementia are running rampant among-st Biden supporters, not that they will succeed in convincing many people with that lieing outrageous agenda.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2022, 06:20:05 am »

The TEA Party was completely betrayed by the GOP Establishment immediately following the 2010 election.  That was long before Trump appeared on the scene.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-