Author Topic: Shoppers 'astounded' by thinning grocery store supplies: 'It's just empty shelves'  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shoppers 'astounded' by thinning grocery store supplies: 'It's just empty shelves'
Fox News, Jan 11, 2022

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Empty shelves and thinning groceries and drug supplies are reminiscent of March 2020, Washington, D.C., shoppers told Fox News Digital.

"It's like a Soviet store during 1981. It's horrible," one man said.

"Honestly, it looks like March of 2020, when everybody was stockpiling and the shelves were bare," another man, Dominic, told Fox News Digital.

Larry, another D.C. shopper, told Fox News: "Whatever it is, I know they need to hurry up and get this straightened out because people will be starving. It's going to get rough if it keeps on continuing like that."

Multiple shoppers rattled off a litany of groceries they couldn't find, ranging from milk to beverages to produce.

"Everything, meat, egg, dairy, certain breads were out, most vegetables, it was all fresh items," one man said as he left a Giant grocery store.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/us/shoppers-astounded-empty-shelves

Empty shelves at a grocery store in Washington, D.C.

Online Hoodat

Biden will fix all of this by ordering the federal government to take over food distribution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Our pantry is pretty well stocked, our freezers are for the most part full, we have dehydrated food to last us quite awhile (including dehydrated milk, eggs, butter, cheese), a decent supply of paper towels and toilet paper.

The only thing we really lack is fresh leafy greens, but we do have a supply of dehydrated vegs and fruits.

I don't want to venture out for the next week or so when Omicron is supposed to peak. 

We'll be fine.  Just out of bird seed, but looking on Amazon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden will fix all of this by ordering the federal government to take over food distribution.

And then the Trains will run on time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I visited Budapest in 1987, and the store we went to looked much like this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Or just locals buying up supplies before a snow storm...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

I visited Budapest in 1987, and the store we went to looked much like this.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Or just locals buying up supplies before a snow storm...

It's beyond that.  I live in FL and some of our shelves are noticeably bare. It could be stocking up so people don't have to go out anymore than they have to because Omicron is rampant right now. Shipping, supply and labor issues though more than likely responsible.

FJB!!!! Let's Go Brandon!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
went shopping today for grocery's.  Everything was well stocked.  Not seeing a problem here in hicksville fl.

Offline libertybele

went shopping today for grocery's.  Everything was well stocked.  Not seeing a problem here in hicksville fl.

Maybe we have more of an influx of NY, NJ and CA invaders.  9999hair out0000

Offline Wingnut

Maybe we have more of an influx of NY, NJ and CA intruders.  9999hair out0000

Up here we have welcomed the Canucks back.  Two years of scum spending Covid money was enough to make me appreciate the Canadians.

Offline libertybele

Up here we have welcomed the Canucks back.  Two years of scum spending Covid money was enough to make me appreciate the Canadians.

Interesting that you mention that, we used to see lots of Ontario license plates and I have seen very few.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Not many bare items in this sector of Hicksville either.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

Here in VA our shelves are mostly full, mostly. We are missing the "off Brand" generic items. I enjoy the generic brand of cheese and Crackers, or and peanut butter.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Bacon
@Sassychickie

BLM and ANTIFA are finally pissed at Biden because there’s nothing on the shelves for them to steal

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
We have noticed massive holes in frozen foods.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

For the first time today, I noticed some nearly empty shelves at my small town Kroger.

I was at a Sam's Club in suburban Pittsburgh yesterday, and didn't see anything amiss.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:23:18 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

I'll have to take a look this weekend when I go grocery shopping.  Last weekend, I don't recall seeing any empty shelves at my Stop & Shop on L.I.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I've noticed a few empty shelves here but nothing like the photos they are posting...unless things have changed since I was there last week....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I was at our local Wegman's yesterday.  There wasn't a single chicken product in the store which is the size of soccer field.  Ground beef?  Forget about it.  Kitty litter?  Nope!

Then to top it off the very young cashier asks, "Did you find everything you were looking for?"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Empty shelves at a grocery store in Washington, D.C.

Wow!  Thought my Wegman's was bad...   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

I was at our local Wegman's yesterday.  There wasn't a single chicken product in the store which is the size of soccer field.  Ground beef?  Forget about it.  Kitty litter?  Nope!

Then to top it off the very young cashier asks, "Did you find everything you were looking for?"

Heads-up @DCPatriot   Find the chicken and cat litter now.   We're either going to get walloped ...... or nothing      wink777

Per Fox News' Janice Dean:

]

Offline Kamaji

Heads-up @DCPatriot   Find the chicken and cat litter now.   We're either going to get walloped ...... or nothing      wink777

]

Yikes!

Will that storm be moving Eastward with that sort of snow load?

Offline DCPatriot

]

@Right_in_Virginia

LOL!   :laugh: