Author Topic: Shoppers 'astounded' by thinning grocery store supplies: 'It's just empty shelves'  (Read 2406 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I understand you can make a mimosa with grapefruit juice instead of orange…..

Oh...not the same...but if you like grapefruit juice you would probably like it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I understand you can make a mimosa with grapefruit juice instead of orange…..

That just ain't right!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I went to my local Krogers today....the only empty shelves was the orange juice in the refrigerator section...not a one...when I first got there I saw people with 4 and more orange juice bottles in their carts..I remarked to Mike there must be a run on oj...sure enough there was.

That's typically the reason for a lot of spot shortages right now.

That said, talked to a cashier at Aldis and they are very short on truck drivers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There’s a shortage of mouthwash in the grocery stores, and my local Walgreens.

Walgreens only had their brand, and some high end ones on the shelf, same with Stop and Shop.  I won’t pay $10 or more for mouthwash, unless it was like 100% proof.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
“It’s Like A Soviet Store”: Americans Are Absolutely Horrified By Empty Shelves From Coast To Coast

A year ago, we were promised that the Biden regime would be leading us into a new golden era of prosperity.  Obviously, that has not happened.  Instead, we are dealing with bare store shelves and painfully high prices from coast to coast.  Many are comparing this crisis to the Jimmy Carter era of the 1970s, but we didn’t have persistent shortages for months on end back then.  At this point, nobody can deny what is happening.  Even the Washington Post is admitting that “social media is swamped with pictures of empty grocery shelves”.  The Biden administration promised to resolve our supply chain problems, but they just keep getting worse.  When Fox News asked one grocery shopper about the empty shelves, he delivered a chilling response that many of us will not forget any time soon: “It’s like a Soviet store during 1981. It’s horrible.”

Prior to the pandemic, many Americans believed that it was impossible for something like this to ever happen in the United States of America.
But it is happening.

Another shopper that was interviewed by Fox News actually used the word “starving” in his response…

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/its-like-a-soviet-store-americans-are-absolutely-horrified-by-empty-shelves-from-coast-to-coast/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

I'll have to take a look this weekend when I go grocery shopping.  Last weekend, I don't recall seeing any empty shelves at my Stop & Shop on L.I.

Well, I didn't check personally, but my wife and daughter went shopping yesterday, and they said that the entire produce section is almost empty.  We were going to make sausages and peppers last night (which require onions), and the only onions they had were a few bags of older vidalia onions.

So it looks like shortages are hitting here as well.

Offline mountaineer

Produce has been hit or miss. No carrots, weary-looking green beans and broccoli, and very expensive apples.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

Raheem J. Kassam
@RaheemKassam

Rationing hits shithole DC.

DC Homeland Security & Emergency Management
@DC_HSEMA

If you're hitting the grocery store to prepare for winter weather, please just buy what you need and leave some for others!

You may have noticed empty shelves in some stores due to national supply chain issues, but there is no need to buy more than you normally would.

1:26 PM · Jan 15, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

11:19 AM · Jan 22, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden Admin is discussing bringing back Ration Books. Talks include reviving the US government’s Office of Price Administration.

Satire...or is it?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Biden Admin is discussing bringing back Ration Books. Talks include reviving the US government’s Office of Price Administration.

Satire...or is it?

Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me. 

Offline libertybele

Produce has been hit or miss. No carrots, weary-looking green beans and broccoli, and very expensive apples.

They just opened a new 55,000 sq. ft. store around here that is supposed to be selling all fresh local produce. They opened Tuesday and the parking lot was packed and cars were parking in the street so I didn't go in. I'll wait till the crowd dies down a little.

It's not produce though that has been an issue, it's empty shelves of pasta, sauces, juices, beans and rice.  Paper towels and toilet paper as well. Dairy prices are through the roof.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Satire...or is it?

At this point I would not unquestioningly simply put it down to satire.

I'm still waiting for the calls for Nixonian price controls to ramp up.

Offline Hoodat

Satire...or is it?

They're already rationing Covid tests and hospital rooms.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
went shopping today for grocery's.  Everything was well stocked.  Not seeing a problem here in hicksville fl.

The problems are happening in the COVID restriction-happy big cities (LA, NYC and DC), where they've driven most everybody out of the restaurants, so more people are switching to prepare-at-home meals and discovering they are better quality.  As a result, restaurants are stuck with rotting inventory while grocers go begging.

We live in a Smallville area too, and we are not seeing it, although we did see the toilet paper shortages in 2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
We have large gaps and they tend to move around. Cream Cheese was gone on Saturday. For a long time, it was frozen veggies. Sports drinks are usually wiped out.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline rustynail

"What a stupid son-of-a-bitch," Biden is heard muttering after a reporter asks a question about inflation just before the microphone is cut off.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1485740993106173953

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The problems are happening in the COVID restriction-happy big cities (LA, NYC and DC), where they've driven most everybody out of the restaurants, so more people are switching to prepare-at-home meals and discovering they are better quality.  As a result, restaurants are stuck with rotting inventory while grocers go begging.

We live in a Smallville area too, and we are not seeing it, although we did see the toilet paper shortages in 2020.
Same here.  Some of the frozen food areas are sparse, but not overly unusual
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

"What a stupid son-of-a-bitch," Biden is heard muttering after a reporter asks a question about inflation just before the microphone is cut off.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1485740993106173953
Like all Dems, Biden self-criticizes
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Same here.  Some of the frozen food areas are sparse, but not overly unusual

Since we've always prepared our own meals, we don't provide much demand for the frozen stuff (except meat, and we have a large freezer stuffed with Omaha Steaks and fish).  We only get concerned when the fresh produce disappears, and we're not seeing that yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Just got back from the grocerty store, the meat case looked a touch thin but everything else was fine.
The Republic is lost.

Since we've always prepared our own meals, we don't provide much demand for the frozen stuff (except meat, and we have a large freezer stuffed with Omaha Steaks and fish).  We only get concerned when the fresh produce disappears, and we're not seeing that yet.
You would visit the frozen food if you lived in Texas with the opportunity to buy one of the state food staples, Blue Bell.

Having lived through the great Blue Bell famine of 2015, I have nightmares of it returning and I always walk by the freezer to placate myself it was just a bad dream.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Haven't been shopping in months. When something else brings me out and about I will stop by just for no reason. I only order once every couple or so months and it is delivered to me. So I can maintain my introverted recluse lifestyle that I LOVE.

Just today someone was knocking at the door. No amazon coming, No liquor store orders, and No groceries. I just let them knock until they got bored and went away.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

That's right... Like I said earlier, I have a monster order to get delivered from the costco.... kinda a thing I do midwinter... it will be 500 bucks and some... And very little of it is missing some incidentals.... which become available again in a day or two...

Wallyworld, same. Albertson's, same.

It is a manufactured result of liberal manipulation if you ask me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At this point I would not unquestioningly simply put it down to satire.

I'm still waiting for the calls for Nixonian price controls to ramp up.
I'm smelling that, too. At which point those caught in the middle just go Gault.

Then the push will be to 'nationalize' those industries and force people to work...

It's a slippery slope.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis