Author Topic: KFC to launch plant-based fried chicken made with Beyond Meat nationwide  (Read 964 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
KFC to launch plant-based fried chicken made with Beyond Meat nationwide

Published Tue, Jan 4 20224:43 PM EST

Amelia Lucas

Kate Rogers

KFC restaurants nationwide will add Beyond Meat’s plant-based chicken to menus, starting Monday for a limited time.
    Fast food companies have recently tested or added plant-based items as more customers look to trim meat consumption.
    KFC and Beyond Meat say they are bullish on the product despite the launch coming amid the surge in the Covid omicron variant.

KFC restaurants nationwide will add Beyond Meat’s plant-based chicken to its menus, starting Monday for a limited time.

The launch comes after years of testing from the Yum Brands chain and Beyond Meat to create a meat substitute that mimicked the taste and texture of whole muscle chicken, like chicken breast, rather than the ground-up consistency of nuggets.

The two companies first tested plant-based chicken at an Atlanta restaurant in August 2019 — and sold out their limited supply in less than five hours. KFC then tested the new item in Nashville, Charlotte, N.C., and southern California two years ago.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/kfc-to-launch-meatless-fried-chicken-made-with-beyond-meat-nationwide.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: KFC to launch plant-based fried chicken made with Beyond Meat nationwide
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 06:20:48 pm »
Paging @DCPatriot  :bolt:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 06:24:19 pm »
Blasphemy!

Industrial pea slurry is no replacement for the real thing.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 06:26:37 pm »
Yuck.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 06:49:03 pm »
Waiting for the first lawsuit when some ignorant or badly trained employee fries the 'vegan good stuff' in the chicken fryer and contaminates the fowl substitute. From what I have read about the processing and additives used to make this plant based substitute it sounds distinctly less healthy for humans than the stuff GOD created so thank you no, I will take a pass.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 06:52:04 pm »
Why in the hell would they do this?  Chicken is the perfect food.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 06:55:48 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 06:56:16 pm »
You can bet they'll start substituting this stuff for real meat without telling people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 07:12:05 pm »
Waiting for the first lawsuit when some ignorant or badly trained employee fries the 'vegan good stuff' in the chicken fryer and contaminates the fowl substitute. From what I have read about the processing and additives used to make this plant based substitute it sounds distinctly less healthy for humans than the stuff GOD created so thank you no, I will take a pass.
I don't get it.

Chicken is plant (and bug) based.

I'd rather the bird does the processing to make those ingredients into food.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 07:53:03 pm »
a meat substitute that mimicked the taste and texture of whole muscle chicken
If meat is so terrible, why do the meat substitutes always try to look and taste like ... MEAT?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 07:55:19 pm »
dumbest idea since new coke.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 07:56:41 pm »
If meat is so terrible, why do the meat substitutes always try to look and taste like ... MEAT?

That is a good question.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 07:58:42 pm »

PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants) should be outraged
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 02:13:38 am »

I take it you're also a Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers fan?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 02:19:48 am »
That's the one problem that is always ignored by all the food faddists. If it is unnatural to eat meat and natural to eat only non-meat food, why do they try to make the fake meat taste like meat?
Why don't just say the food tastes just like a carrot-spinach souffle, and people will love it?
Because eating meat IS NATURAL! Not eating meat is UNNATURAL!!!
Humans have adapted to eating meat for over two million years. It's why we have canines and incisors for ripping and tearing. It's why vegans have to take vitamin B-12 supplements to stay healthy. If eating meat was unhealthy, they wouldn't have to take vB-12 supplements.
Moral of story: eat meat to stay healthy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 03:21:53 am »

Yes.  Anything Gilbert Shelton does.

Offline verga

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 02:14:19 pm »
Apparently I am in the minority. I am willing to give it a try. In the interest of full disclosure, On Friday's I have tried the BK impossible Whopper. I like it. I don't want it every day, but I also don't want a Whopper every day either. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 02:33:31 pm »
Plant-based industrial pea slurry meat substitute brings us one step closer to Soylent Green.

We're sliding down a slippery slope of Soylent.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:46:13 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 03:16:50 pm »
Apparently I am in the minority. I am willing to give it a try. In the interest of full disclosure, On Friday's I have tried the BK impossible Whopper. I like it. I don't want it every day, but I also don't want a Whopper every day either. 

I've tried them, but to be perfectly honest, good old fashioned Indian vegetarian dishes are orders of magnitude better, and without the duplicity of trying to pretend they're something they're not.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 03:29:31 pm »
I've tried them, but to be perfectly honest, good old fashioned Indian vegetarian dishes are orders of magnitude better, and without the duplicity of trying to pretend they're something they're not.
Yes. If I want a non-meat meal, I just eat vegetables - not vegetables trying to disguise themselves as meat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 03:29:39 pm »

I was, so the artist is familiar to me...wish they were still around.  I liked Fat Freddie's Cat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 03:36:20 pm »
Yes. If I want a non-meat meal, I just eat vegetables - not vegetables trying to disguise themselves as meat.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 03:37:01 pm »

Exactly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 04:15:59 pm »
Is this the plant?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis